Transmogrify

How many of you had received cool looking weapons of legendary status but have a green weapon that has better stats but looks like garbage. It would be nice to have the ability to Transmog the cosmetics to a weapon of lesser quality. Then again, I like finding good legendary weapons that look cool too!

@Alpha quote:

How many of you had received cool looking weapons of legendary status but have a green weapon that has better stats but looks like garbage. It would be nice to have the ability to Transmog the cosmetics to a weapon of lesser quality. Then again, I like finding good legendary weapons that look cool too!

I have yet to find an item other than a legendary that looks good, and sadly none of them have ever had the stats i want. While I know 27 is a low number, youd think at least one of them would have rolled with DP, instead all I have gotten are DH, HP, and crit.

I was just thinking of this today while gaming with my oldest. My youngest loves the snail/squid/w-e shield when I go in to block position. Has no stats on it worth using, but it absolutely thinks it's hysterical to see it, for what reason i haven't a clue. I'd love to have the ability to take the stats/passives from  one of the 'cool' legendaries and switch it with the simpler looking items.

I appreciate that the items on legos look 'cooler' because they have more stat selections available to them, but as far as character customization goes, I prefer a simpler gear setup sometimes (namely when I'm playing with my little one on my lap watching) 

I swear, the very first day I started playing, I saw an NPC that did this. They were off to the left of the blacksmith, and had an interface that let you put a weapon in one slot and make it look like a weapon in the other. I didn't use it, because I had no items at the time, and I never saw that NPC again. I kind of feel like I'm going crazy, because I haven't seen any sign of that NPC ever existing since, but I'm positive I saw it.

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/122756

I suggested this it seems the same as your idea but better/more fun

In short sell weapons get their cosmetics as a collectable and change looks of weapons whenever you want

That's a great idea KingxOfxThexVoid but I feel that would make it too easy to do and everybody would be running around with cool looking weapons, there should be prerequisites to the idea such as paying so much gold for the mog or salvaging weapons to collect different parts to build a transmog, something to make you work for it.

I would love this idea. If it was like Trove's transmogrifying how you would put items you don't need into a loot collector and then you can use that weapon as a skin anytime you want. Probably better if it costed gold as well :P