Sign in to follow this  
NCO

Magic Resist (Air) lanes

i have questions considering the apparance of magic resist air lanes... ( often in Onslaught )

- are they intended ?

- how do you deal with them. ? Air towers strong point is that they dont geht distracted by Bosses etc.

Suggestion:

- Can we have a large Sphere that makes the AA tower Physical dmg?

Considering Resist Lanes (Onslaught) ...

- are Phys Resist Bosses appearing in Magic Resist Lanes intended, or shoudl this be reported ?

Onslaught seems to be a bit of a mess when it comes to resistances, I usually use LSA and an AA tower on siphon site; I've not done more than 6/7 rounds without wiping to a special that I can't seem to dps!

I think resist lanes in general arent good for the game. They severely restrict build diversity as we effectively cannot combine certain towers. It is also leaving each damage type lacking in methods of damage. Magic has no good high scaling single target tower like cannon for instance. I think magic and phys resist should be in the pool of random bonuses the lanes get so that we are encouraged to mix damage types. This would also alleviate the issues this thread has brought up with enemies of opposite resist to the main lane screwing us. It would also make heroes better at situationally swapping lanes as that is also currently severely curtailed. An Apprentice is completely useless in magic res lanes in NM for instance. This wouldnt be so bad if half the lanes werent magic res.

No, i dont really think you made a good suggestion, Hecate. Diversity is nice and having to build the same tower-mix for every lane would be boring

@Hecate quote:

I think resist lanes in general arent good for the game. They severely restrict build diversity as we effectively cannot combine certain towers. It is also leaving each damage type lacking in methods of damage. Magic has no good high scaling single target tower like cannon for instance. I think magic and phys resist should be in the pool of random bonuses the lanes get so that we are encouraged to mix damage types. This would also alleviate the issues this thread has brought up with enemies of opposite resist to the main lane screwing us. It would also make heroes better at situationally swapping lanes as that is also currently severely curtailed. An Apprentice is completely useless in magic res lanes in NM for instance. This wouldnt be so bad if half the lanes werent magic res.

Back before the wipe, when resistances couldn't be anticipated, I used to build the same combination of towers in every line.  Now I have two different combinations, one for physical and one for magical.  How's that for diversity?

Have you tried PDT for single-target magic damage?  It's pretty awesome one it gets going.  It does have the downside of a very narrow firing sector, so you pretty much have to use it behind a wall which stops the enemies in one place.

The game could perhaps use some more physical damage defenses, as currently there's a clear bias towards magical damage.  Perhaps squire's training dummy could be replaced with something more awesome?  A shotgun-like tower?

PDT has a horrible ramp up time, it is bad - never use it!

besides, this Thread was intended to Talk about MAGIC-RESIST-AIR lanes... please stay on Topic.

I would like a more viable solution for Mres anti air, myself. That said no Physical resist boss spawns in a magic lane as they removed resistances off mob types with the wipe patch and now its lane specific (all mobs from that lane, boss included, are that lane's resistance).

Some flying options for onslaught I have seen tried and have varying degrees of success are a second chill tower for flyer lane on stone area stairs (height level of planks but out of the way), wall at back of blanks + support canons where frost would be for flyers only, and a combo of the previous two options. In NM the wall simply died too fast but it might be possible to make it work with the correct setup.

NCO, I disagree somewhat, the PDT ramp up time is fine as even the first hit tends to be comparable to other towers and subsequent drastically exceed them. The problem is it only works at extremely close range for that type of damage and the fall off is far to great even at close-medium range at which point even multiple stacks does bad damage. I agree it is likely advisable to not even bother with it at the moment unless you can place it on a high spot for some bosses out of the way assuring it is in melee range almost but not going to take dmg.

@Xengre quote:

I would like a more viable solution for Mres anti air, myself. That said no Physical resist boss spawns in a magic lane as they removed resistances off mob types with the wipe patch and now its lane specific (all mobs from that lane, boss included, are that lane's resistance).

Bosses come from their own "lanes" though.  They have a separate info box, and may have different secondary traits.  I'm not sure if the resistance is always the same as the normal lane at that position, although it probably should be.

@Hecate quote:

Resist is vital for end game otherwise you just build the same defenses in every lane and call it a day. 

It's working well right now.

For the original post, we need a decent way to deal with magic resist flyers.

I made a suggestion on the suggestion forums to get rid of training dummy and give squire a physical AA, but I'm not sure it's even been seen, but it'd be nice to have something other than monk AA.

@Tristaris quote:

I made a suggestion on the suggestion forums to get rid of training dummy and give squire a physical AA, but I'm not sure it's even been seen, but it'd be nice to have something other than monk AA.

This sounds like a very good Idea, i still like my AA-tower-sphere suggestion, but squire towers need some love anyways :)

@tdb quote:

Bosses come from their own "lanes" though.  They have a separate info box, and may have different secondary traits.  I'm not sure if the resistance is always the same as the normal lane at that position, although it probably should be.

They Should, but i am 100% sure phys-res Oger, and a phys-res (HP-bugged) Book-Boss Spawned on us in a Magic Resist Lane ( NM1 -Liferoot - Onslaught ... wave 5-3 i think) i'll produce a screenshot next time.

Eventually, there will be some form of physical anti-air in the game.  Perhaps Ballista tracking will be fixed, perhaps something else.  But until then, I think air lanes need to either be no resists or physical resist only--it's purposelessly cruel to do otherwise.

@tdb quote:

@Xengre quote:

Bosses always spawn with the same resistance as their lane, but may have different traits. The except may be as NCO points out in odd scenarios and it would be a bug, if this did happen.