Don't think it is meant to have empowered stats OR an ability. They decided to give out a cool pet for having a max lvl pre wipe but made is completely useless so it never gets used. I understand why they did this so we don't have an amazing pet for free right out of the gate. They should give it empowered stats as well as an ability once evolved that way it can still be useful if we want to use it but keep it from being too good right out of the gate since it was a free pet you got right at the start.

I really like this pet and want to use it but the lack of empowered stats and ability make it nothing more than a crutch.

I guess that kinda does make sense. I feel they could have then just given it as a powerful or Epic pet isntead of mythic so that it rolls lower stats. 

the grumpy pet is glitched for every1, they know about it and said they are looking into it but theres alot of other stuff they have to fix thats more important like balancing issues with ipwr.

I think everyone is bugged. Waiting for a fix myself.  It would be terrible if they randomly just made it worse than every other pet.