Sign in to follow this  
Angelatic-Birdy

Seems everybody is gearing up at nightmare 3/4/5

So how can you try to get nightmare 1 content if no one is doing nightmare 1?

Also tried to do end game hard mode bestsy but thats impossible to do alone..

Anyone got some tips?

Except the get lucky and hope for people part?

Because I cannot gear my lvl 50 apprentice alone (I tried though ^^)

And because I cannot gear my apprentice I tried something that I could do instead

and that is leveling my other defenders...

I'd like some tips on where to gear a fresh 50. iPwr ~85, I can do Free Play / Normal for the first few maps...It's slow and tedious, but doable. It's just very discouraging that most drops are all hero stats on top of the slow speed and not seeing any other players in there :(

@Kline quote:

I'd like some tips on where to gear a fresh 50. iPwr ~85, I can do Free Play / Normal for the first few maps...It's slow and tedious, but doable. It's just very discouraging that most drops are all hero stats on top of the slow speed and not seeing any other players in there :(

What class(es) do you have?  At iPWR 85 you should be able to do liferoot forest on free play normal at least and some maps on free play hard as well.  On my huntress I was able to solo dragonfall gates on free play hard up to wave 5 before the recent adjustments, and after getting a squire leveled and geared I was able to clear the map and some other early ones on free play hard.  IIRC I had iPWR ~105 on the huntress and ~85 on the squire.  Then the hotfix adjusted map difficulties and I jumped straight to liferoot forest on free play hard, which I've been farming since.  Soon my huntress will hit 50 and I'll have some new things to play.

As for item drops with wrong stats, that's the nature of RNG.  My huntress still has iPWR 93 helmet and chest because nothing better has dropped, even though the rest of her gear is iPWR 140+.

@tdb quote:

What class(es) do you have?  

50 Squire, 20 Monk. I can do Liferoot FP on Normal...It's just tedious, and then depressing with a whopping zero pieces of gear to show for it after 4 or 5 attempts. The same with trying the first one or two maps on hard. I'd be cool with even like some +5 upgrades, but having gear that only drops hero stats is no fun combined with the amount of effort it took.

I hate to say it but, most people breaking into NM usually find a group and play together privately. I'm currenly on NM3 just starting NM4.   Because of the difficulty I wouldn't even try to play those on Public matches.

I would post on forums, "Looking for group to play through NM" add them on steam.  And start grinding together.  Its the easiest and most efficient way.

I have an average Ipwr over 300 and I have never once done a NM map that wasn't private. NM is frankly too hard to trust to pick ups when those same pick ups make the most horrific newbie mistakes in lesser difficulties that are assured to lose the map in NM. Also level 50 does not automatically make you worthy of NM. Not even close. NM requires very good gear and excellent play. Go into endgame hard. Learn to play with the elevated resists. Learn to hold down a lane and stop the stupid wandering because your lane had a 2 second lull between spawns. Learn to deal with bosses and learn to trust other people to deal with bosses. Once you have taken these basic steps go find others like yourself and give NM a try.

@Hecate quote:

I have an average Ipwr over 300 and I have never once done a NM map that wasn't private. NM is frankly too hard to trust to pick ups when those same pick ups make the most horrific newbie mistakes in lesser difficulties that are assured to lose the map in NM. Also level 50 does not automatically make you worthy of NM. Not even close. NM requires very good gear and excellent play. Go into endgame hard. Learn to play with the elevated resists. Learn to hold down a lane and stop the stupid wandering because your lane had a 2 second lull between spawns. Learn to deal with bosses and learn to trust other people to deal with bosses. Once you have taken these basic steps go find others like yourself and give NM a try.

Well said buddy.

@Kline quote:

50 Squire, 20 Monk. I can do Liferoot FP on Normal...It's just tedious, and then depressing with a whopping zero pieces of gear to show for it after 4 or 5 attempts. The same with trying the first one or two maps on hard. I'd be cool with even like some +5 upgrades, but having gear that only drops hero stats is no fun combined with the amount of effort it took.

RNG is RNG, though that sounds like some seriously bad luck.  I generally have at least a few pieces with defense stats drop per map.

I'd keep trying with the FP hard maps.  They have higher iPWR drops, so there's a better chance that once an item with the right stats drop, it will be an upgrade.  Even if your current items are mythics or legendaries, higher iPWR epics will be better.

Do you find something about the harder maps particularly difficult?  I haven't leveled a monk post-wipe yet, but I can try to apply some of my general knowledge.

You just have to wait for a balance patch. Solo currently impossible, you're entirely reliant on other people, and I also can't find anyone in multi.

Until Trendy either fix the hero deck, allow towers to take snapshots of stats so we can change gear to get better stats, or make single play easier, you just have to wait.