Sign in to follow this  
Ambiguous

I feel like leveling pets after evolution is a bit too rough.

I've dumped quite a large number of cakes/fish on this recently evolved pet of mine, and still haven't even reached lvl 11 yet. If I have to put this guy to 25, I feel like its going to take a ridiculous amount of time/resources to get him there. If the meat pet food item was more common, I feel it wouldn't be such an issue, but currently it's going to take way too long with just cake/fish. Or, perhaps reducing the cost of the standard food?

Has anyone managed to get a decent way towards 25 yet? Roughly what did it take to get there, item wise?

mine is power 14 but i had like 20 cake ready before i evolved it. i agree, it will take HUGE time to level it to max.

I'm about halfway to 11, it's quite slow in my opinion but I haven't spent much time on it since evolving either so my opinion isn't very well informed :)

I typically don't have an issue with things taking time/resources but in this case when we have multiple characters in a deck and presumably want multiple pets, it does seem a bit costly.

It doesn't need to be max to be strong. It's more about the journey. Plus this way you wont have all your pets maxxed out for everything.

@Venatus ^ venOm quote:

mine is power 14 but i had like 20 cake ready before i evolved it. i agree, it will take HUGE time to level it to max.

Come on people this game needs long term stuff as well. Gear can't be the only thing we always farm for. Pet food to evolve our pets is a great resource to farm with gear.

I promise it will be a lot faster when you have 50million gold stored up and u get a new pet to evolve. Since there is the gold option as well y'know.

There are 3 tiers of food. The fish, the cake, the ham.  12,500 is a lot for 1 item.

@Lazaek quote:

A good solution is just adding higher tier food for higher difficulties.

@Demaier quote:

There are 3 tiers of food. The fish, the cake, the ham.  12,500 is a lot for 1 item.

It was a lot when there were only 10 levels of pet experience. Now even the ham is barely a drop in the bucket.

Yeah. I agree that the leveling curve for pets went from fairly reasonable to OMGWTFBBQ high. I also feel it could stand to be evened out a bit and/or introduce higher tier pet foods to match the newer EXP caps.

I do agree with the food in some manner but it also depends the pets could be OMG powerful and need to take a lot of effort. I would rather have something take a lot of effort and have a ton of room to grow than have a mediocre iteam that is easy to get.

Concerned about the state of pet evolving once you get to evolution 3/4. How are you supposed to realistically evolve pets for four characters and max them out? I assume you would have already hit NM IV gear on all 4 chars before you finished even one pet much less 4  and at the moment you can't reroll abilities so if you find one with an ability you want... definitely not a good growth curve.