Why does the mini-map go missing every few games?

I noticed yesterday that my minimap would go missing as I went from one game to another (without restarting the game).

Is this a "Feature", or a "Bug"?

The mini map was not disabled in the control panel, and I did not accidentally hit the key to hide the HUD.  When I mentioned it to my team mates (random public tavern) during a wave, they commented that their minimaps were missing too.

What say you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@proveisso quote:

WOW. more than a year later and this bug is still around?! I just got this on Liferoot Forest...

4Zeah.jpg

but...

because it is actually still an issue, go here please. It probably would be helpfull if you give infos on what you did, which heroes and when it vanished. The more infos the better.

https://bugs.dungeondefenders2.com/home/bug/200/liferoot-forest-minimap-goes-missing

@dreamanime quote:
@proveisso quote:

WOW. more than a year later and this bug is still around?! I just got this on Liferoot Forest...

but...

because it is actually still an issue, go here please. It probably would be helpfull if you give infos on what you did, which heroes and when it vanished. The more infos the better.

https://bugs.dungeondefenders2.com/home/bug/200/liferoot-forest-minimap-goes-missing

To give folks a little perspective and stop halt any speculation about why the bug isn't yet "fixed". This bug has been fixed, many times actually. Yet it continues to reappear in future builds again and again. Not every build, and not every time.

Any and all information on it is welcome, we want to fix the bug again, and hopefully end the bug's magical respawning ability.

@Nefhith quote:

My squire can build walls to prevent them from coming. He can build good walls. The best walls.

My squire can make them build the walls. But still, my huntress PDTs are more efficient.

Sometimes you just need to have a developer look in the code instead of trying to figure out a 100% way to recreate it. I work in software development and I've been able to find bugs that people have trouble reproducing by looking for any function that could cause it and then find where it's being called from. Sometimes it is just way easier to run a text search on the code base than to require humans to figure out how to reliably recreate an issue.

[[25251,users]] It may be linked to the health bar inconsistencies too? Those seem to rotate between working and bugged as well.

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Dani quote:

@dreamanime quote:
@proveisso quote:

but...

To give folks a little perspective and stop halt any speculation about why the bug isn't yet "fixed". This bug has been fixed, many times actually. Yet it continues to reappear in future builds again and again. Not every build, and not every time.

Any and all information on it is welcome, we want to fix the bug again, and hopefully end the bug's magical respawning ability.

is it possible to create a toggle on/off option :) or would that take too many resources

It's probably a bug in the actual display UI code. If they could just slap a quick line of code in that went "is map displayed? If no, turn it on" they prolly would, but I think it's just having an issue where the game thinks it's displayed, but on the user end, it's not there.