Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 32

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, August 14th at 5PM EDT. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

• Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. 
  • As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Do you prefer obese kittens?")

Lightning: any chance on changing the loot rewards for endgame to how DD1 was where wave 1 dropped no loot but waves 2+ did?  This would fix all of the problems of undergeared players trying to grab gear too high for them.

Lightning: tower targeting needs to be changed, is it possible to change it so that towers target and immediately fire THEN cooldown rather than target->cooldown->fire?

Question 1: Now that we can FINALLY evolve our pets, I must ask, what factors determine what pets can roll what abilities?

Question 2: I've noticed, and certainly a lot of other people have, that in the pet reroll window the ability is selectable yet we do not have a reroll ability token yet. Will be able to reroll pet abilities in the near future?

Question 1: How about thinking just a little bit about the pet evolution again, and make the small hatchling pets evolve into the bigger ones. The eggs should only hatch into the hatchlings which then can be evolved to become bigger, make the rarity the factor we hatch them for, why couldnt all the pet types be hatchable in all rarities. Since you wanted premium pets to be the only pets with visual evolution, make them glow, make them cooler than the normals that just grow in size. It's a bit... ridicilous this way, eggs hatching grown ups and useless hatchlings that no one wants because of their rarity.

Question 2: We need more maps or ALL of the maps with the same 840-855IP range for endgame. Or change the onslaught IP range to 840-855 so we wouldnt have to play it for 10 hours to get the same gear. I'm sure you understand why. Thank you.

Will there be female versions of the current male class characters?  If so, will they be skins to purchase from the store, or will we need to level up new female characters? 

Now with the loot and survive patch out, what will be the next "big mountain to climb" for you?

Will we see any new heroes soon? And will the towers/defenses on the existing heroes ever be checked upon. Im thinking particularly on the squires dummy doll, the melee doll. Ive been trying to test it out, but it just sucks and die all the time from ranged units I think. 

1. Are there any upcoming changes to the Apprentice? If so what are they?

Lightning: Any upcoming changes for the Apprentice?

@Sublimital quote:

Question 1: Now that we can FINALLY evolve our pets, I must ask, what factors determine what pets can roll what abilities?

Question 2: I've noticed, and certainly a lot of other people have, that in the pet reroll window the ability is selectable yet we do not have a reroll ability token yet. Will be able to reroll pet abilities in the near future?

+1 TO THIS! :D

Lightning: Will it be possible to re-roll your Hero Stats you already positioned?

Question 2: Will there be more maps that do not interact with the campaign, like just a survival map?

Thanks ahead,

Candyman.

Q1: After u fixed all our beloved bugs will u start working on the accessible UI (when u aren't already on it)?

Lightning: Will the Madwicks come back? (I was very unlucky)

Only have one question:

Could it be possible to add more content between level 40 and level 50? What I mean by this is the following, the last item that I found that has a level restriction, has a level restriction of 38 if i remember correctly, which means after I find  items with iPWR around 160 playing only hard onslaught and hard incursion (all of this before end game, because i haven't reached level 50 yet), I'm stuck playing these 2 maps until 50 because I can't play in end game yet and there are no more levels to find new items on after level 40...

question 1: how are we supposed to get pixiebell or is she an event pet?

question 2:is pixiebell  going to be a healer like the pixie in the game before?

Question 1: Do you have plans to allow us to have our own lobby like we did in DD1(trophies etc) ?

Question 2:Are there any plans to release a matchmaking similar to the one in DD1 while at alpha ?Its a bit annoying to play without anyone to contact people in a similar iPower other than forums =/.

Question:

Is there a cap to the gold cost associated with rerolling stats on pets - like 5k, 10k, etc? or does it scale into infinity?  Switching the roles of pets from "builder pet" to ability power, to tanking, etc would get really costly down the line...

Question 1: Are there any plans to either tweak the training dummy or replace it for another tower and can you guys elaborate on that aka vague time-line or ideas you have been throwing around?

Question 2: Are you working on more ubers for each ability and tower as these seem very limited at the moment like only 1 tower and ability from each class in case you want to be say a ballista build etc?

Lightning: Is the apprentice's arcane barrier's knockback going to be tweaked as it lets enemies through at the moment?

Lightning: Will there be more egg types implemented soon?

Lightning: Is there any plans to implement any new bosses like Betsy or enemy types?

Lightning: Would you guys consider a summon/pet class aka necromancer/druid from diablo 2, witch doctor from diablo 3, beasttamer or pet master classes that either summon creatures to defend and damage or their skills and skill spheres focus heavily on buffing their pets to deal the damage rather than them?

So many questions so little time Emoji_Orc.png

As always guys keep up the great work loving the game squire_small.png

Question 1: What kind of ubers do you Think you will be implementing, What will they possibly do?

Question 2 : What plans do you have to modify current classes if any?

Lightning : Will regular pets ever have a different evolved form?

Lightning : Will Butters ever complete a map on the Dev stream

Question 1: From my understanding from the last Dev stream that Uber Spheres were being looked into. For the huntress class is there any plans put into motion to make the free shielding and explosive Uber compatible with the huntress traps or monk auras.  The only Uber that is currently compatible for both characters are only purchasable with Wyvern tokens. Thanks

Why is the game being balanced for getting little to no mana for upgrading/repairing rather then having harder enemies and being able to upgrade most of your towers and repair effectively with more mana? It doesnt feel like we're being challenged. It feels like we're being held back intentionally from reaching our full potential to overcome hard enemies/waves because of the mana restriction.

@strapalap quote:

Question 1: From my understanding from the last Dev stream that Uber Spheres were being looked into. For the huntress class is there any plans put into motion to make the free shielding and explosive Uber compatible with the huntress traps or monk auras.  The only Uber that is currently compatible for both characters are only purchasable with Wyvern tokens. Thanks

Huntress poison trap thing :D.   Monk on the other hand needs alot somthin

Lightning - Are there plans on implementing a weapon system similar to the original DD? For example, bone bows pierce, blasters AoE, spread shot, reload time, projectile speed, etc. - where each weapon's model archetype determined its unique properties. (please say yes)

I know this is an alpha/ EA game but figure feedback from the younger playerbase would be helpful as well (she started playing DD1 when she was 7yo) - these questions were both of her concerns

Both questions are loot and gear related, sorry for the length of each ahead of time:

Question 1: this question was already asked by another, but it's important to my daughter and I so she wanted me to make sure, that I made sure, you guys understood how she felt about it. Currently there is a hardstop gear gap for new players in the lvl 40-50 range. The only  real way around this is to get carried by a higher lvl for a few higher maps, which she refuses to do since she is a completionist.

Question 2: Right now there are 2 things hampering players in free play from gearing up in what should be an efficient manner. The first bug is where bosses do not drop loot at all (this can happen more than once on a map. The 2nd is where the boss drops eggs and food and nothing else (may as well have dropped nothing as far as progression goes) My daughter and I had a run over the weekend where 3 maps over the course of an hour yielded less than 15 total items, many being green or white. An hour of no sort of an upgrade for a kid is just no fun at all (she made sure to tell me this at length and I can promise you these questions are narrowed down from her /ranted/ version :) )

@Typhon quote:

Question 1: Are there any plans to either tweak the training dummy or replace it for another tower and can you guys elaborate on that aka vague time-line or ideas you have been throwing around?

Question 2: Are you working on more ubers for each ability and tower as these seem very limited at the moment like only 1 tower and ability from each class in case you want to be say a ballista build etc?

Lightning: Is the apprentice's arcane barrier's knockback going to be tweaked as it lets enemies through at the moment?

Lightning: Will there be more egg types implemented soon?

Lightning: Is there any plans to implement any new bosses like Betsy or enemy types?

Lightning: Would you guys consider a summon/pet class aka necromancer/druid from diablo 2, witch doctor from diablo 3, beasttamer or pet master classes that either summon creatures to defend and damage or their skills and skill spheres focus heavily on buffing their pets to deal the damage rather than them?

So many questions so little time Emoji_Orc.png

As always guys keep up the great work loving the game squire_small.png

Excellent questions, I can add one;

More weapon skins?

Will the temporary item bag bug get fixed in the next hotfix which is caused by trying to sell the duped golden egg? (Constantly getting the message "1 item was sold for 500g" when opening the inventory)