Sign in to follow this  
Tristaris

[Squire] Training Dummy and replacing it

After having dumped a LOT of time into this patch so far, I've noticed one thing now that there are resistances. Flyers are an absolute pain in the ass.

I do not see the training dummy used... ever really, and its rather weak makes me think DU is better spent elsewhere.

What is the opinion of dropping it, and replacing it with a physical damage air tower? We have the monk anti air which works great for physical resist flyers, but we do not have anything that covers that magical resist flyers.

I do not know what could be done, but even a weaker shooting, but faster ballista would be pretty cool, but I'm sure other people could come up with a better idea.

Anyhow just brainstorming!

@› Rabid Lemming quote:

@Bonzai101 quote:

Tar tower, mechanics already in the game, combo with flame towers or flame trap.

Squire is the physical tower guy. We don't need him doing magic damage.

0 damage, status effect is a slow and tar effect which allows enemies to be easily set aflame

@Bonzai101 quote:

0 damage, status effect is a slow and tar effect which allows enemies to be easily set aflame

I think you are missing the point here... The idea was for a physical damage AA tower... The only fire damage in the game atm is magic, and I'm pretty sure the DOT from burning is magic damage too, so why would the squire have that as a tower, and how would that help the lack of a physical AA tower?

Yeah don't get too worked up guys, lol.

The entire point of the original post was to mostly shed light on how we have no real/decent physical AA at the moment, and with NM enemies being 75% resistance, and how if you have a horde wave, you can absolutely get swarmed before monk AA can keep up, it'd be fantastic to have a way to handle it. I don't really care what the tower does, so long as it's efficient :P

Yea I was missing your point a bit.

Squire's 4th slot needs something useful, the dummy has been terrible since day one.

So either a physical AA (only targeting flyers) or just don't have flying lanes with resistances................