Sign in to follow this  
Sublimital

Compilation of pet abilities

Took down numbers a friend got from Thunderstorm (Thunder-0 ability)

Did 681 damage @ 2201 hero damage which puts it at a 31% ratio

It's AoE damage, decent size, and it "auto" hits whatever's near.  No real targeting required

Hits 5 times for a total of 153% of your hero damage... pretty crappy tbh

Honestly, I'm not sure if abilities should all scale off hero damage. That means they'd only really be powerful on a person actually stacking that stat, which should only be a melee dps (does anyone even play one of those?) I think it would be nice if they scaled in some other way, something that each class can benefit equally from. Additionally, some of the abilities seem really sub-par without large amounts of hero damage backing it up.

Perhaps just have it scale with character/pet level?

I think most people have a "melee dps" character

whether it's an AP huntress, AP apprentice, AP monk, or supertank squire... if you're building any of those you should get hero damage on all of your secondary modifiers.  Unless you go overkill with squire and build phys/magic res + hero hp. 

There are a few abilities that aren't there for the damage, too.  Curse aura is one - although comparing it to thunder-0's ability could make you think otherwise lol - and the hp regen, mana regen, and tower protection ones are others.  Idk if there are any more... tbh I can't tell what some of the descriptions in the OP mean.  Impressive fireworks? Is that a damaging ability or a provoke?  Wish everyone did a target dummy test and posted about it here <.< something as simple as recording current hero damage, the damage of the ability, and how many times it hits would be enough and anybody can do that

I don't mind the hero damage scaling.  It technically "scales" with character level... whatever weapon anyone uses for whatever stat will always have more hero damage the deeper in IPWR they go :P

They could make the pet abilities scale with the pets own stats. Making them more powerful as they gain affection and power. Maxing out at elder 45/45 . This would make them usable by any chr not depending on the heroes specc. Or even combine the power of the heroes stats and the pet stats. Seems to me the abilities should become more powerful when the pet evolves.

How are the visual effects on the pet abilities , any cool ones ? Atm i only have the one shielding my defenses and its very visualy lacking. But i guess this is to be improved as the abilities are brand new.

Wait. Theres 22 pet abilties listed here. In the Loot n Survive patch notes it says theres 25: Added 25 new pet abilities! These abilities are unlocked when you evolve your pet into a Fledgling. Activate these abilities using the default X keybind. Were missing 3.

That's interesting.  The three missing are the premium pet abilities.  Table flip(sp), Hadouken(sp), and shuriken storm(sp)

That means betsy pet has no special ability at least

The golden pet buff abilities so much. I had a pet with Curse aura. But boost speed is super fast and it lasted for around 10s with 12s cd.

Curse aura has a huge speed boost and 10 second duration on 12 second cooldown on regular colored pets as well.  Although the speed boost lasts for 3-4seconds (depends when you start "counting" - the ability is grayed out for about a second before it starts its cooldown).  What makes you think gold pets boost the effectiveness of abilities? 

@Pachipachio quote:

Curse aura has a huge speed boost and 10 second duration on 12 second cooldown on regular colored pets as well.  Although the speed boost lasts for 3-4seconds (depends when you start "counting" - the ability is grayed out for about a second before it starts its cooldown).  What makes you think gold pets boost the effectiveness of abilities? 

I haven't had normal pet with curse aura, so I think it's my own mis-interpretation because my friend didn't feel any special about it...

Bitterwick

Life Steal: Deals approximately 4-6k damage to a single target (closest towards your hero) and full heals the player. The projectile is a while orb with red outlines. Very short range probably x2-3 that of the training dummy, can't be sure.

Dragonbreath 

Shortlength cone of fire that ignites enemies. Burns for around 3-4 ticks with dmg ratio of 0.2 of herodmg. 12 sec cd. 

momo isn't that gravebolt?

@hawkeye33 quote:

Dragonbreath 

Shortlength cone of fire that ignites enemies. Burns for around 3-4 ticks with dmg ratio of 0.2 of herodmg. 12 sec cd. 

Hawkeye I would love to get the official in game description.

So my Grumpy remains only a DPS pet (not even having Empower stats) 

- this wipeaggeddon bonus time to send it off to the garbage bin?

@iamisom quote:

@SorakaPlz quote:

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

Anyone evolved their pet from the wipe?

I evolved mine but he didnt get any ability but he did get 10/25 power 10/25 affection   

Or does that require more transformations? 

lol u dun goof

or Trendy forgot about it

Everything else get their first ability right away.

This is a bug. We're hoping to fix it in our next hotfix. :)

My Top Cat with Water Element rolled Snowball.

It hurls a snowball that does high magic damage to 1 enemy. Cooldown ~7 seconds and starts after the snowball hits.

My Fairy CReepermother Phyiscal has Hex.

If the forum doesn't allow double posting, sorry in advance:

My Water Brragon rolled Bubble Entrapment - Fire a Water Bubble to trap enemy in the air.

Cooldown: 25. It fires a giant bubble, deals magic Water damage and if the enemy is not Grounded, it gets bubbled and floats for a few seconds. It is useful for more threatening monsters like Drakin, Witherbeasts before they burrow and Dark Mages.

So I was looking around the forums and Wiki's as I got a new pet ability and it seems I can't find it anywhere so I might add it here.

Drenching Wave - Roll a fierce wave washing over enemies, drenching them.

7 sec cooldown

damages all enemies at a quick glance seems to be = to pet damage

and drenches all enemies

Attack has a long range and is about as wide as a lane

bouncing lightning: fire a lightning bolt which can chain to 3 additional enemies(12 sec cd)

when i use it in the tavern no damage is dealt. may be bugged

Possesed Sword:

Field of Swords: Create a field of swords for unsuspecting foes to fel upon the battlefield

Duration active: 30sec

Cooldown: 120sec

I_PASS_BUTTER (dev) confirmed pet abilities are  based on species and element in this Steam thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/236110/discussions/0/490123938439433906/

I have a Imphernal - Earth - that got an ability Poisonous Tips - Coat allies weapons in poison to deal bonus poison damage. 10s buff 20 sec cooldown +50% hero damage. I didn't test range yet of if the bonus damage is based on the pet owner or individual hero. 3 projectiles before and still 3 after evolution.

I listed some info in the steam thread, but if we can start listing # projectiles before and after evolution that would be awesome. I saw green eyes go from 4 to 6 projectiles and my Magicat went all wonky from 6 projectiles to 1-7 (7 against Ogre only.) I only have a few I evolved from hatchling to fledgling, so if anyone has info on higher evolutions (veteran) I'd be curious what to expect.

The Encouragement Gatto ability gave me +60 mana instantly with a 20 second cooldown. I am guessing it is a fixed amount, or maybe linked to AP since I had pretty low AP. If static, maybe when it evolves again the ability improves? Honestly, I am just guessing about a linked stat here.

Dragon Breath is a 6 second DOT. 

Here is a template to copypasta:

Pet Name: Imphernal

Pet Family: Creeper

Rarity: Mythic

Damage type: Earth

Damage: 722 (728 max)

Attack Speed: 2.25

Hatchling # Projectiles: 3

Fledgling # Projectiles: 3

Verteran # Projectiles: unknown

Ability: Poisonous tips - bonus poison damage for allies

Ability Duration: 10 second buff

Ability cooldown: 20 seconds

Ability Damage: 1110 damage with 2220 hero damage (50% hd)

I just got a "new" ability, i search around and didnt find any info, so here it is:

Short Fuse: Fire a orb of electricity to overload your enemies. 30 seconds CD.

I use it and the skill is a slow "ball" of electricity that explodes at first contact and deals some AOE dmg

https://gyazo.com/d11f4ecc7d544519f9d0faeb56f9cc84

I got a new one from the Golden Evilwick (legendary).

Void Tendrils: Void Tendrils whip across the Ground crushing your enemies. (13 sec Cooldown)

Its pretty strong :D

@Pachipachio quote:

That means betsy pet has no special ability at least

It does.

Didn't see any information about the Itsy-Betsy pet (all of the below were on a hero with right around 4k HD and AP).  Pretty sure it was only about a 5 second cooldown as well.

9EF8102DFF10B2E712B26D8FBC6A565DE3DDAD427E66089DEE7418EB296F21730F81930CEFD2F8B7CCA88CB90FBA59D707B6C3852404DB5E1F47B88B