Sign in to follow this  
Sublimital

Compilation of pet abilities

@iamisom quote:

@SorakaPlz quote:

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

Anyone evolved their pet from the wipe?

I evolved mine but he didnt get any ability but he did get 10/25 power 10/25 affection   

Or does that require more transformations? 

lol u dun goof

or Trendy forgot about it

Everything else get their first ability right away.

This is a bug. We're hoping to fix it in our next hotfix. :)

will you be fixing the bug that causes pet rerolls to roll the same one to completely negate the new stat and never cause it to count again? my thunder-o currently only has the defense crit chance and nothing else

I evolved my shinobi kitty and got an ability not yet mentioned called "Sparkle Party" and it says "Dazzle enemies with your brilliance!" 

madwick : "gain a fire shield around the hero, does fire damage to enemies who hit hero"

As you guys are listing these abilities, can you check to see what kind of damage scaling they have? At the very least, my Fire Barrage scales with hero damage, at a straight conversion of about .934x6 for a total modifier of 5.604x hero damage. As in, 1k hero damage should make the ability hit for about 934 damage, multiplied by 6 projectiles, for a total of 5604 damage.

A simple way would be to check it with your normal gear, then unequip your weapon for a second test. Post results here along with your ability if at all possible. This way we can get a sense of the balance between abilities, and for various levels of hero stats. I'm guessing most if not all abilities scale with hero damage, and not something like ability power, though its certainly possible defensive abilities might.

Thanks guys updated the OP

@puaf quote:

madwick : "gain a fire shield around the hero, does fire damage to enemies who hit hero"

I need the name of the ability before I can add it to the list, go to the stable to find out

Here's some more info on Curse Aura.  12 second CD.  Rolled this on Madwick

Lasts ~10 seconds and every second a DoT ticks centered around the hero that cast it.  There are 11 "ticks"

Speed boost is substantial and lasts 3 seconds

Damage seems to be 20% of hero damage

@244.6 Hero damage = 47 Damage per tick

@1063.6 Hero Damage = 205 Damage per tick

Added up the damage is about 220% of hero damage per cast

Can it crit pretty often since there are so many numbers. 

Don't think it actually "curses" enemies and reduces their damage dealt, but I'll test that more in depth tomorrow when I seclude some poor ogre to beat on me for a while.  Currently I've only been eyeballing it

@Sublimital quote:

Thanks guys updated the OP

@puaf quote:

madwick : "gain a fire shield around the hero, does fire damage to enemies who hit hero" CD 15

I need the name of the ability before I can add it to the list, go to the stable to find out

fire shield

@TBDREAM quote:

thunder-o : create a thunderstorm to overwhelm you'r enemies! [cd 12]

Umm could you go to the stable and check the ability name, I only just realized that you gave me the pet name and not the actual name of the ability

@Sublimital quote:

@TBDREAM quote:

thunder-o : create a thunderstorm to overwhelm you'r enemies! [cd 12]

Umm could you go to the stable and check the ability name, I only just realized that you gave me the pet name and not the actual name of the ability

Thunderstorm 

@Pachipachio quote:

Here's some more info on Curse Aura.  12 second CD.  Rolled this on Madwick

Lasts ~10 seconds and every second a DoT ticks centered around the hero that cast it.  There are 11 "ticks"

Speed boost is substantial and lasts 3 seconds

Damage seems to be 20% of hero damage

@244.6 Hero damage = 47 Damage per tick

@1063.6 Hero Damage = 205 Damage per tick

Added up the damage is about 220% of hero damage per cast

Can it crit pretty often since there are so many numbers. 

Don't think it actually "curses" enemies and reduces their damage dealt, but I'll test that more in depth tomorrow when I seclude some poor ogre to beat on me for a while.  Currently I've only been eyeballing it

Curse aura DOES "curse" enemies and debuffs their damage dealt. I thought it was big news so instead of editting my post, I'm bumping the thread

NM2, let an ogre beat on me under serenidy aura.  Looked like HP went from 6760 -> 5707on hit, then 6760->6235

So 1,053 damage reduced to 525

pretty confident in saying 50% damage reduction during the curse.

Would be cool if others did some testing on their pet abilities :( at least damage on training dummies with current hero power

Looks like Blizzard has about a .192 conversion factor for hero damage ->ability dmg per tic. It hits 12 times, so it is about a 2.304 hero damage multiplier overall or around 230% hero damage as ability damage. Also, it's an aoe that follows the player. The description makes it sound like you summon it somewhere then leave it.

We should report the damage type the pet does as well. I suspect the elements are tied to it but a cant be sure. It would also be good to list the pet types that have been recorded to have an ability so we can identify the species pools for the more ambiguous abilities. Some are obvious, like gato fireworks, but some arent. The curses and hexes are probably creeper but that isnt assured.

Yeah a pet's ability is randomly pulled from one of two pools: the race pool, and the elemental pool. As in, there are abilities all creeper type pets can get, and there are abilities all pets with fire element can get, A fire damage creeper will randomly get an ability out of those two pools. Like my madwick, a creeper pet, got fire barrage because he does fire damage.

Added frost shards to the list as I just evolved my 3rd pet. You guys rock, we've gathered data on 22 abilities, though I feel as there are a few more that haven't been reported yet. Once again thank you all for your help!

@Ambiguous quote:

As you guys are listing these abilities, can you check to see what kind of damage scaling they have? At the very least, my Fire Barrage scales with hero damage, at a straight conversion of about .934x6 for a total modifier of 5.604x hero damage. As in, 1k hero damage should make the ability hit for about 934 damage, multiplied by 6 projectiles, for a total of 5604 damage.

A simple way would be to check it with your normal gear, then unequip your weapon for a second test. Post results here along with your ability if at all possible. This way we can get a sense of the balance between abilities, and for various levels of hero stats. I'm guessing most if not all abilities scale with hero damage, and not something like ability power, though its certainly possible defensive abilities might.

Thanks for that.

Pet race: Dragon (Hoardragon, Legendary)

Pet element: Fire

Ability: Fire Pillar - Create a pillar of fire that deals fire damage to every enemy it touches.

CD: 15s

Diameter: 4 Dummys in a row   ||  || x ||  ||    (legend: ||= Dummy,  x = target location )

Number of ticks: 4 ( 1 per second )

Damage conversion: 1 Hero dmg = 0,72 ability dmg  (4 ticks)

It needs to hit at least 8 enemys to deal more overall damage than Fire Barrage.