Sign in to follow this  
Sublimital

Compilation of pet abilities

Hey defenders I thought that since we can now  evolve our pets and finally acquire abilities, we should come together and help put together a list of abilities that we have discovered. Have a pet with an ability that's not on the list? please reply/pm me the ability name, description and it's CD (add one second to the first number that pops up in the ability slot). Any other info such as the pet that learned the ability and the species of said pet could be helpful when we learn more. I'm curious to see how many and how varied the abilities really are.

• Blizzard: Summon a blizzard that slows enemies while dealing damage.
  • Boulder: Roll a giant boulder through enemies, damaging them along the way. 5 sec. CD
  • Bouncing Fire: Bounce a fireball towards enemies, damaging them along the way. 8 sec. CD
  • Curse Aura: Boost your speed and curse enemies while you are near them. 12 sec. CD
  • Dragon Breath: Breathe fire upon all foes in front of you. 12 sec. CD
  • Dragon protection: Create a protective shield on nearby defense. 60 sec. CD
  • Encouragement: Bless yourself with blue mana. 20 sec. CD
  • Fire Barrage: Fire a series of fireballs at the enemy! 8 sec CD
  • Fire Pillar: Create a pillar of fire that deals fire damage to every enemy it touches. 15 sec. CD
  • Fire Shield: Gain a fire shield around the hero does fire damage to enemies who hit the hero.
  • Frost Shards:  Fire a series of frost shards at target enemies.
  • Gato Fireworks: Fire an impressive display of fireworks at target enemy. 8 sec. CD
  • Gravebolt: Fire a lifestealing bolt at the the target enemy. 8 sec. CD
  • Hex: Releases a shockwave that curses all targets in area. 12 sec. CD
  • Lightning Grenade: Lob a lightning grenade at enemy, detonates after 4 seconds. 12 sec. CD 
  • Oil Spit: Lob a oil blob at enemy. Enemies in area are oiled which can be set a blaze. 12 sec. CD
  • Poison Spit: Fire a poison bolt at enemy. 8 sec. CD
  • Rock Throw: Throw a giant rock at your enemy! 8 sec. CD
  • Shock Shield: Creates a storm shield around the hero, does shock damage to enemies who hit the hero. 16 sec. CD
  • Soothing Water: Restore health with the power of the waters.
  • Sparkle Party: Dazzle enemies with your brilliance!
  • Stinky Pits: Summon a poison storm that damages enemies and applies poison. 12 sec. CD
  • Thunderstorm: Create a thunderstorm to overwhelm your enemies! 12 sec. CD

@Sublimital quote:

Hey defenders I thought that since we can now  evolve our pets and finally acquire abilities, we should come together and help put together a list of abilities that we have discovered. Have a pet with an ability that's not on the list? please reply/pm me the ability name and description. I'm curious to see how many and how varied the abilities really are.

• Blizzard: Summon a blizzard that slows enemies while dealing damage.
  • Curse Aura: Boost your speed and curse enemies while you are near them.
  • Fire Pillar: Create a pillar of fire that deals fire damage to every enemy it touches.
  • Gravebolt: Fire a lifestealing bolt at the the target enemy.

What gives curse aura?

I don't have any information on the first three abilities as I got them directly from the L&S patch note thread. I'll have to check gravebolt though as it is my first pet ability.

Edit: no mana cost for gravebolt, and it seems to have the same cd as Gato Fireworks, I think it's more of an 8 sec cd though. may have to make a note later. also some abilities may be species specific?

Maybe include a little more information not sure if any of these things make a difference.

• Type: Dragon
  • Pet: Serpentagon
  • Pet Element: Earth
  • Ability: Oil Spit: Lob a oil blob at enemy. Enemies in area are oiled which can be set a blaze.
  • Cooldown: Oil lasts about 1.5 seconds 12 second cooldown starts after.

Yeah maybe one of the devs could jump on this thread when they get a free minute and elaborate a little. If I recall correctly the ability that is rolled is determined from a pool that is based on the pets element and their type/species.

Blinkee

Dragon Protection: Create a protective shield on nearby defense

kVA1bXZ.jpg

Just from the name, I would have assume the ability is pet specific, or dragon only.

Skill Cooldown start at 60 (first number), effect starts before cooldown start, and effect ends at 51s. So effect time is 10s.

On press You can see the bubble effect comes out already

Effect begins

Cool Down starts

Effect ends

I think it is bugged, because the "shield" is just an extra 10% health, that is not filled...

After 10s, the "shield" go away and the health/charge go back to normal.

Effect Distant Radius is about 4 cannonball wide, if they are put really close to each other.

Anyone evolved their pet from the wipe?

I evolved mine but he didnt get any ability but he did get 10/25 power 10/25 affection   

Or does that require more transformations? 

DD2%20Shinobi%20Kitty%20Gato%20Fireworks

My Shinoby Kitty

With the Gato Fireworks Ability

To use Pet abilities press "X"

Hex : releases a shockwave that curses all targets in area 

similar to oil spit, effect lasts about 1.5 seconds and then a 12 second cd after

(the pet is a whodu)

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

I evolved mine but he didnt get any ability but he did get 10/25 power 10/25 affection   

lol u dun goof

or Trendy forgot about it

Everything else get their first ability right away.

Well I got my Propeller cat to Fledgling rank and his ability is Encouragement, Bless yourself with blue mana. Okay so it has 20 second recharge and it instantly restores all 250 Blue Mana! Thats quite good cause my huntress is ability powered. :)

@SorakaPlz quote:

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

lol u dun goof

or Trendy forgot about it

Everything else get their first ability right away.

This is a bug. We're hoping to fix it in our next hotfix. :)

iamisom care to tell us what factors into ability rolls or am I gana have to watch the dev stream to find out?

Edit: About how many pet abilities are there?

Type: Creeper
Pet: Madwick - that limited event pet
Pet Element: FireAbility: Fire Barrage: Fire a series of fireballs at the enemy!
Cooldown: 7s CD

This ability launches 6 fireballs into the air that arc down onto the target, each doing (for me) 925dmg. Does not appear to scale with ability power, don't know about if it scales with its damage stat yet. Still, seems fairly powerful. It's a quick 5.5k dmg every 7 seconds.

Shock Shield: Creates a storm shield around the hero, does shock damage to enemies who hit [the] hero. (15s CD)

Bouncing Fire: Bounce a fireball towards enemies, damaging them along the way. (7s CD)