Sign in to follow this  
tdb

Game start timers in private games started from social tavern

First there's the phase where "Joining game..." shows at the top of the screen for 5-10 seconds.  Then there's the "Launching" dialog.  And finally, at the start of the game, there's "Waiting for more players" for 15 seconds.  Now, I specifically started a private game so I could play alone, so all these timers seem misplaced.  In fact, I seem to recall that joining a quick match game didn't have any timers.  Neither do private games started from a private tavern - I get put into a game instantly.

If I restart the first game from the stats screen, I get a new "Waiting for more players" timer.

Could you take a look at these?  It's annoying to have to wait 30 seconds for the game to start, when I know it's technically possible to start it instantly.

Most likely the timers are in there if you have a friend or two join your private game before the distribution of gems from chests come out. Usually would send a quick invite to a friend as I can't invite them prior to starting a game from the war table, but can do it as soon as we enter a map. (P.S. You can also join a friend in their social tavern and then start it from there since it auto-parties you, but it seems so roundabout)

Mana is distributed when a chest is opened, no?  So I can just delay opening the chest until everyone has joined.  No need to force me to wait 15 seconds for that.

@tdb quote:

Mana is distributed when a chest is opened, no?  So I can just delay opening the chest until everyone has joined.  No need to force me to wait 15 seconds for that.

Not from my experience. I was playing with my wife and had invited to her my game, she joined after the countdown (chest was already available to me, but I didn't take it) and she was unable to use the chest and I received all the mana.

Well, they ought to change that then.  Making the chests available to everyone is much more user-friendly than a timer.