Sign in to follow this  
Vindicit

What to run for max xp after Betsy nerf?

@SoloVisionary quote:

completely missed that. thank you mr forum moderator. 

Not trying to single you out or anything, I just get annoyed when someone asks something that has either been asked or answered a while beforehand.

Btw boredom has absolutely nothing to do with this.

@lordrahl quote:

Free Play Hard Liferoot:

No xp sphere, no quab: 88,782 xp

No xp sphere, quab alive: 103,607 xp.

XP Sphere, quab alive: 103,332 xp.

Looks like xp spheres are still broken and keeping subobjectives up is a nice boost.

Tested Free Play Normal Liferoot with Quab still alive:  84,303 xp

Could be more xp per hour with my current gear; haven't tested enough yet.  It's definitely faster to setup and maintain, and less involved.  My monk builder is only 180-ish ipwr.

Also, these tests were all solo; not sure if that makes a significant difference or not.

@Quentym quote:

@Kyrn quote:

Not to mention they're probably doing this for datamining purposes. You know, the whole reason for letting us play during alpha. :P

The whole reason is probably that you paid money to play the game despite it's going f2p.

I don't think they "datamine" anything at all other than reading the forums.

@Mahdi quote:

Open beta, alpha whatever they want to name this, is always a datamining mentality. And I would expect at least one more full wipe before any kind of launch is to go out officially.

It will be a f2p game. The official launch is probably a non-event. Open beta = f2p release.

That's assuming there's an open beta.

Tested Liferoot easy yesterday. It gave 70 - 71K XP and took about 13 - 14 minutes to complete. (Quab was alive)

Does anyone have "timers" for the other maps? Would like to see what gives the best XP per minute.

So...Let's see.
Betsy was "fixed". Right.
But. We'll anyway find the map with best  exp per hour rates and will continue farm it....
Cause we need exp =.= we need tons of it.
There're also may be some limit's like you must have at least one 50 level char to join it or somethin' like this(and awesome ipow and  should open it for XXX tokens and somethin' more *____* )...
[[5626,hashtags]]

@Quentym quote:

@Kyrn quote:

Not to mention they're probably doing this for datamining purposes. You know, the whole reason for letting us play during alpha. :P

The whole reason is probably that you paid money to play the game despite it's going f2p.

I don't think they "datamine" anything at all other than reading the forums.

I can pretty much guarantee any online game with an alpha/beta period ever is gathering statistical data from the playerbase as they play to affect certain decisions. There's no reason not to.

I have just been switching between gates hard freeplay and liferoot hard free play, solo (the switch is to alleviate bordom, in general liferoot is better).

I tried the same maps on endgame hard but the xp was no good, I believe that hasnt had an xp pass on it yet, for now freeplay hard seems like the way.

Also its quite a nice quick way to farm pet food and reroll materials, particularly as getting the right stats and number combination on the roll takes quite some effort and that the empowerment reroll material seems to be so much rarer (about 10 pet stat reroll materials to every 1 per empowerment(player stats)).

So far I have gotten the following results for XP on normal:

first map normal = 72.5k

second map normal = 76k

third map normal = 78k

fourth map normal = 83k

this is with all objectives saved

@paroxysmal quote:

So far I have gotten the following results for XP on normal:

first map normal = 72.5k

second map normal = 76k

third map normal = 78k

fourth map normal = 83k

this is with all objectives saved

ehm...it's just useless numbers without time to finish it.

Onslaught hard is probably the best place to level by far, now, assuming you have some decent builders and don't get an unlucky round. Tanky HP walls help a ton.

Liferoot Free Play Hard seems the best to me. Unless my math was wrong, it took me 15-17 minutes to complete my runs, along with receiving 138k xp (solo, with Quab alive). When I played in a group, I then received on average 120k+ xp. 

Again, unless my math was wrong, Liferoot Free Play Hard is very generous with xp (granting around 8.2k xp/min) and seems the best, while being the easiest to run, if you can run it of course. 

@Aesthetic quote:

Liferoot Free Play Hard seems the best to me. Unless my math was wrong, it took me 15-17 minutes to complete my runs, along with receiving 138k xp (solo, with Quab alive). When I played in a group, I then received on average 120k+ xp. 

Again, unless my math was wrong, Liferoot Free Play Hard is very generous with xp (granting around 8.2k xp/min) and seems the best, while being the easiest to run, if you can run it of course. 

IDK how you got 138k xp solo.  Max I've gotten was 105k, usually somewhere around 103k.

@lordrahl quote:

@Aesthetic quote:

IDK how you got 138k xp solo.  Max I've gotten was 105k, usually somewhere around 103k.

This, his math is off.

so...
Best for exp\per time compairing now liferoot\onslaught hard.
Onslaught better if you can build many rounds(no wasntin' time for rebuild + increasing exp by rounds)

@Vindicit quote:

What about for people who dont already have lvl 50 characters that cant do hard difficulty/onslaughts?

Normal Free Play then. Just play the game, level will come with it. 

@Vindicit quote:

What about for people who dont already have lvl 50 characters that cant do hard difficulty/onslaughts?

I'm finding Throne Room Easy to be very good exp, that's what I'm running. Completable in 13 minutes for me (including build time and post-map time, to getting into the map again), and is entirely afkable, just set towers and g every round. Don't need to do anything. Gives 70K exp when you keep the windows closed. 70K/13min is 5K exp/min, which was a better rate than Liferoot Hard for me, at least with losing Quuab, but that's only a difference of 10K exp, and takes a lot more effort. On an effort scale, Throne Room is nice.

You might need to do some repairs/upgrades if you're not that high a level, but it's an easy map, the mobs are level 4-7, so it should be pretty easy either way.

the gates of dragonfall:

free play easy 62k 12-ipwr

free play norm 72k 40-ipwr

free play hard 90k 70-ipwr

end game norm 14k 98-ipwr

dragonfall sewers

free play easy 70k 15-ipwr

throne room

free play easy 72k 21-ipwr

liferoot forest

free play easy 70k 30-ipwr

@Vindicit quote:

So since the Den has reduced  xp now 60000 > 35000 what should we be running for max xp to level characters?

well, this is what i know atm.. 

throne room - freeplay - easy . eaither private or pub = 72kxp solo .. not sure if it goes up with full party. it takes around 10 min per run.  afk build. (this sometimes goes up to 13 min.)

throne room - freeplay - normal, solo 15-16 min 88kxp - afk build.

liferoot - incursion - hard - freeplay - solo,  16 minutes 88kxp

i heard some maps give up to 100k xp. but i tried incursion full and it was 88k for me + full game takes 2-3 more minutes.

@Seph quote:

@Vindicit quote:

Normal Free Play then. Just play the game, level will come with it. 

except you dont get to 50 just by playing through the game, you need to grind for a long time doing the same map over and over to get to 50