Sign in to follow this  
kingdiamond

and you say put att speet back. but they dit look at this

*Jealously eyes that polearm*

*Contemplates stealing from said person*

*Contemplates DEEPLY*

*Realizes Defense Speed is like crack*

Congrats on the 2 Defense Speed! 2 is better than none.

Most of the monk ones i get roll double damage. I was annoyed at the defense speed change at first, but I have since embraced it and am enjoying the game much more now that my build strat isnt maxing out map with flameburst towers

@Resident decoy quote:

Most of the monk ones i get roll double damage. I was annoyed at the defense speed change at first, but I have since embraced it and am enjoying the game much more now that my build strat isnt maxing out map with flameburst towers

I think maxing out a map with flameburst towers was done more because the other towers/traps did not scale in damage as well and not because of speed, the disparity between towers has since been reduced and you have far more viable builds and as such, variety. This is GREAT, but is not because of speed being removed, now people just stack power instead, how is that any different.

So we now have towers that hit harder but are SLooooooow, and slow towers do not feel powerful.

I will say that speed is not the only option to make a tower feel powerful, perhaps other visual effects can be added that scale with another stat that give that feeling of increasing power back, but as it stands the removal of speed has left towers feeling weak, and I do not think it unfair to ask that as you progress into the higher ranks of the game you should get a tangible sense that you are gaining power in the same way towers feel more powerful as you rank them up to *star* level.

Like possibly crits allowing specific towers to produce certain effects (with crit damage scaling the potency of said effect)?:

Cannonball: stun

Ballista: knockback

Dummy: bleed

Fireball: fire patch

Frostbite: freeze

Earthshatter: Knockup

Explosive trap: bleed

Geyser: slow

Poison tower: Enfeeble (prevents skills of low tier enemies, increases cooldown for high tier enemies)

Lightning Aura: Chain (causes a secondary hit on nearby enemies)

Yes, some of these effects coincide with the large Sphere node. Said node could possibly be changed to how you access these effects to begin with, and/or be a crit chance increase to increase the chance of said effects.

The loss of speed wouldn't be so bad if target acquisition was better. Having 4 Cannon Ball towers guarding a lane and they are strong enough to easily 1 or 2 shot a goblin...Yet all four will obliterate the same goblin in unison, then move to the next, etc. Speed at least helped mask some of the non-optimal target acquisition stuff like this.

they should go with this. only weapons get to have tower speed stat, i mean its already there just add some numbers