Sign in to follow this  
Gothraga

STOP the Down Scaling

@Tripp quote:

@Kline quote:
@Azrik quote:

Honestly I like it. It keeps high level people from joining a lower level team and completely destroying everything and taking all the challenge out of the game.

I hate it...You never get a chance to actually feel powerful and do silly things like clear a map with only one or two towers or something. Same problem Guild Wars 2 has, no matter how strong you are you downscale to fit the content of whatever zone you are in...Having good gear means you might get a 5% advantage or so over someone who is the appropriate level for the area. It seemed cool at first, but having everything "always be a challenge, all the time" got old pretty quickly when I just needed to hoof it from one end of a zone to another.

Similar thing here. What if a friend wants me to help them blow through Campaign / Quests or something? I can't, really. Downscaling just removes an optional element of play (feeling overpowered on low level content) that a lot of people actually enjoy. If you don't want a high level person coming in and removing all challenge, there is always private mode; or hopefully one day matchmaking will allow level restrictions (both min and max) like DD1 did.

LMAO this argument is insane! the amount of power that gets downscaled is almost nothing! I do easy betsy with my now 40 squire and i use 2 towers for each lane.... 2 TOWERS. I did the exact same thing on Normal Betsy. So do not tell me you cant go back to previous levels and own it because that is a load of crap!

You just want it to be easier to power level your alts when they fix this exp glitch with Betsy easy campaign....

I'm absolutely ecstatic you tested this with a lvl 40 squire on one of the most trivial maps in the game at present. It was really on point with the hundreds of us actually testing the rest of the content, specifically those at 50 and the gear in question being brought down insane amounts of tiers.

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

Remove it in private mode only plz

Thinking about it, I actually would not be against this, so long as it is removed in private, it would probably actually be the better solution.

I agree with it being removed in private play only. Doesn't nearly as much spoil the content for newer players and allows you and your friends to freely steamroll content.

If I'm new to the game I don't want a level 50 coming in with full stats and annihilating everything with one aura or a trap or something.

Though, all-in-all, very happy to hear item downscaling being removed. Now have maps offer an iPWR range of -5 to +40 of the iPWR gate instead of -5 to +5 and I'll be a happy camper when it comes to progression (sans the XP curve hot topic).

@iamisom quote:

Item Power Downleveling will be removed in an update very soon. We're hoping to remove it in the next hotfix, but it might not make it in time. 

odgOeGd_700wa_0.gif

@Icey quote:

@iamisom quote:

Item Power Downleveling will be removed in an update very soon. We're hoping to remove it in the next hotfix, but it might not make it in time. 

Thank god, thanks for the update! I mean im always down for trying new systems to keep things fresh but i just feel this downscaling wasn't meant to be.  Time to get that Good 'ole DD1 feeling back, i have almost 1.5k squire towers and havent been able to enjoy them yet :D now i can't wait for the patch that removes the downscale :D :D :D!!!

1986 DPS Cannonball Towers, 1919 Defense Power. Didn't quite get 2k DPS because of Nightmare is hard or bugged atm, and downscaling but I'm getting other heroes lvled atm, Mage+Huntress Lv24, Monk Lv27

@Kacautu quote:

@Icey quote:

@iamisom quote:

Thank god, thanks for the update! I mean im always down for trying new systems to keep things fresh but i just feel this downscaling wasn't meant to be.  Time to get that Good 'ole DD1 feeling back, i have almost 1.5k squire towers and havent been able to enjoy them yet :D now i can't wait for the patch that removes the downscale :D :D :D!!!

1986 DPS Cannonball Towers, 1919 Defense Power. Didn't quite get 2k DPS because of Nightmare is hard or bugged atm, and downscaling but I'm getting other heroes lvled atm, Mage+Huntress Lv24, Monk Lv27

Have you tried that uber cannonball sphere...is it just more is that thing the biggest waste of wyvern tokens ever? I am actually upset i wasted my hard earned tokens on such a underpowered mod. They are slow and take your damage down alot, i dont know if its a bug, but i wont be using that thing unless they fix it.

Interesting stuff. I remember a discussion I had in this forum about keeping the game challenging. There were advocates for the whole down scaling business but I was against it for the very reason people are complaining now. 

Although, I do see the benefits of down scaling in public games. It's not very fun starting a new game and a superhigh level OP player comes in and demolishes everything. Yes, there is the option to play private, but players don't always want to play solo.

Possible solution. If a new player has not yet completed the game any high level player entering that persons game will be downscaled to that level. If the new player wants to be power leveled by a friend he can join that high level players public/private server.

There is the problem of a new player looking for a game and joins the high level players public game. 

Option A: high level player gets downscaled because new player hasn't completed compaign. 

Option B: New player gets to coast through. 

Only fix i see is a game toggle option that allows a player to only play with people close to their level range and who haven't completed the campaign.

In the end the quickest fix would be to remove down scaling only in private games, but then that removes the option for high level players to show off their epeen to low level players in public games.

@Icey quote:

@Kacautu quote:

@Icey quote:

@iamisom quote:

Have you tried that uber cannonball sphere...is it just more is that thing the biggest waste of wyvern tokens ever? I am actually upset i wasted my hard earned tokens on such a underpowered mod. They are slow and take your damage down alot, i dont know if its a bug, but i wont be using that thing unless they fix it.

Currently using Shielding Guard, or w/e it's called for sure. only 18 Wyvern Tokens...I'm planning on finishing Onslaught when they fix Downscale, as in remove helpfully tomorrow. And I also saw you in game :) in Social Tavern. Hopefully though Mage gets a balance because seems atm Poison Dart Tower's are the way to go, and no Squire seems complete GG atm too, perhaps nerf his Cannonballs a bit? but all Ubers need to feel worth the Wyverns tokens, and Betsy's Egg is really getting to me with 180 Tokens or 160, not sure atm, but seems quite alot for a pet not sure what it gives but hopefully it's definitely worth it's cost

@iamisom quote:

Praise our lord Emoji_Drakkin.png

@iamisom quote:

The feels, this would most definitely speed up level progression.

@Squishydew quote:

@iamisom quote:

I very inappropriately love you right now.

This made me giggle in all the right places.