Sign in to follow this  
Gothraga

STOP the Down Scaling

This is a Bad idea in a game based around State progression. it removes the option to go back to old levels and get a Real feel for how your towers have Grown. 

if you have a level that is Vary tough to clear then go back to it later and clear it easy. you get to see how your power has grown.

Down scaling is BAD. its Just a BAD Idea that is, Well BAD 

Agreed!.

I mean come on, im ilvl 610 and i cant even solo my daily quest that requires ilvl 235 because of downscaling ... I really dont see the point of downscaling in a game that wants you to become powerful but wont allow you to be powerful.

It's been said a million times and I'm just gonna reiterate it. Downscaling is super frustrating and pointless, most especially when you get gear in that map and it's being downscaled. 

Honestly I like it. It keeps high level people from joining a lower level team and completely destroying everything and taking all the challenge out of the game.

@tonyb quote:

Yes please.  This is currently #1 on my list of things I personally want changed.

Agreed. #1 issue I have with this game. It needs removed. I would go so far as to say it is the single worst idea Trendy has ever presented us. Heck, you can't even properly power level alts or help friends in lower difficulties/maps because of this nonsense. Get some good gear but barely passing so you want to back up a difficulty or few maps to help your alternates progress or get more even gearing? Can't do it properly with the current setup. Their intention is to prevent absolute afk building and this intention is causing a great deal of harm to the game.

@Azrik quote:

Honestly I like it. It keeps high level people from joining a lower level team and completely destroying everything and taking all the challenge out of the game.

umm... that low level players can make their own private tavern? and even if someone helps you when you are lower level. do you say '*** off, i dont want your help.'? because i had help when had trouble leveling up or getting gear. 

ontopic:

down scailing is just bad and should be removed.

I agree, whats the point of wearing items if they scaled down, you might as well just make the maps based off of level and remove the items.  In DD1 i took pride in getting awesome gear and having fun on some endless runs with my friends.  Now the only time i can enjoy the gear i get is in the tavern when i set them up in front of the target dummies

@Azrik quote:

I hate it...You never get a chance to actually feel powerful and do silly things like clear a map with only one or two towers or something. Same problem Guild Wars 2 has, no matter how strong you are you downscale to fit the content of whatever zone you are in...Having good gear means you might get a 5% advantage or so over someone who is the appropriate level for the area. It seemed cool at first, but having everything "always be a challenge, all the time" got old pretty quickly when I just needed to hoof it from one end of a zone to another.

Similar thing here. What if a friend wants me to help them blow through Campaign / Quests or something? I can't, really. Downscaling just removes an optional element of play (feeling overpowered on low level content) that a lot of people actually enjoy. If you don't want a high level person coming in and removing all challenge, there is always private mode; or hopefully one day matchmaking will allow level restrictions (both min and max) like DD1 did.

@Azrik quote:

That's my basic opinion too, but I think there needs to be a better solution to it. Clearly, people are hitting problems I haven't encountered yet, and it seems like a big issue. 

Item Power Downleveling will be removed in an update very soon. We're hoping to remove it in the next hotfix, but it might not make it in time. 

@iamisom quote:

Item Power Downleveling will be removed in an update very soon. We're hoping to remove it in the next hotfix, but it might not make it in time. 

I very inappropriately love you right now.

@Squishydew quote:

@iamisom quote:

original.gif

!DHJIOL DHWP(DJLKKWJDKSLWD
WL:DOWIDWO:DJWODKW.

Thank you thank you thakn you!!! Emoji_TNT.png

@iamisom quote:

This is absolutely fantastic news! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.pngEmoji_Skeleton.png

@iamisom quote:

Today.... today is the day that Sir iamisom became GOD, LEGEND, HERO, SAVIOR AND KING. Bow down to him as he, [[4370,users]] himself has brought the community to tears with such great news!

To be honest, I'm not even sure it's been implemented properly. To join a public Freeplay Normal Liferoot game, you need... iPWR 82 or something like that. I noticed in game it scales my gear down to iPWR 22 O.o

Very happy to hear the news! Now if I could just get the timer removed on private games so I can still complete maps when I have to tend to my daughter...

@iamisom quote:

Thank god, thanks for the update! I mean im always down for trying new systems to keep things fresh but i just feel this downscaling wasn't meant to be.  Time to get that Good 'ole DD1 feeling back, i have almost 1.5k squire towers and havent been able to enjoy them yet :D now i can't wait for the patch that removes the downscale :D :D :D!!!

@iamisom quote:

@Squishydew quote:

@iamisom quote:

original.gif

Hahaha.

P.s. Praise small baby Jesus for this change.

@Kline quote:
@Azrik quote:

I hate it...You never get a chance to actually feel powerful and do silly things like clear a map with only one or two towers or something. Same problem Guild Wars 2 has, no matter how strong you are you downscale to fit the content of whatever zone you are in...Having good gear means you might get a 5% advantage or so over someone who is the appropriate level for the area. It seemed cool at first, but having everything "always be a challenge, all the time" got old pretty quickly when I just needed to hoof it from one end of a zone to another.

Similar thing here. What if a friend wants me to help them blow through Campaign / Quests or something? I can't, really. Downscaling just removes an optional element of play (feeling overpowered on low level content) that a lot of people actually enjoy. If you don't want a high level person coming in and removing all challenge, there is always private mode; or hopefully one day matchmaking will allow level restrictions (both min and max) like DD1 did.

LMAO this argument is insane! the amount of power that gets downscaled is almost nothing! I do easy betsy with my now 40 squire and i use 2 towers for each lane.... 2 TOWERS. I did the exact same thing on Normal Betsy. So do not tell me you cant go back to previous levels and own it because that is a load of crap!

You just want it to be easier to power level your alts when they fix this exp glitch with Betsy easy campaign....

@iamisom quote:

If you are in NY, I will buy you your beverage of choice

@Tripp quote:

LMAO this argument is insane! the amount of power that gets downscaled is almost nothing! I do easy betsy with my now 40 squire and i use 2 towers for each lane.... 2 TOWERS. I did the exact same thing on Normal Betsy. So do not tell me you cant go back to previous levels and own it because that is a load of crap!

You just want it to be easier to power level your alts when they fix this exp glitch with Betsy easy campaign....

The reduction gets bigger and bigger the better your gear, literally reducing your tower damage by thousands, and when you are running say, NM3/4 gear and you then go back to a level that is 300+ ilvls lower than your gear and you can just about clear it, how is that in any way reflective of your characters power.

betsy easy and normal on campaign? sure, but i could solo those when i was ilvl 22 anyway, try applying the same ideology to freeplay and above and you will get distinctly different results.