Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Upcoming Patch Notes for Hotfix 5.9 [Updated 8/5/15, 9:27PM EDT]

Nice to see, the transparency is appreciated.

Any feedback on the status of a possible soloable Endgame at some pont?

At the moment you need a 4 man group to have even the slightest chance in nightmare and above, and not everyone wants to play this way, a lot of players have given up, because it feels like it is designed as such and the way you keep making it harder with subsequent patches, so with no hope, people lose faith.

No immediate fix is being demanded, but some knowledge that one day we will actually be able to play that content without a group would be very appealing.

@Squarecrow quote:

@Mufzor quote:

Is there a new wipe incoming? i mean game is finished for some player...and i can't believe one day you'll make trade available with what happened.

In all fairness, trade would be logical. No limitations on it is what killed the trade in DD 2's predecessor. I think trading gear is a terrible idea, but I believe in trading things more simple things like eggs and pet items.

You got me wrong. i mean trade should come but not in the state of the server, because of some item already available due to exploit. At the moment it's like dd1 with hacker, so i hope a wipe will come and the sooner the better. I'm asking this because this wouldnt be the first time trendy surprise me if they do something....crazy.

i just hope Trendy canc ommunicate on this if they are not too afraid to see people stop playing waiting for the next wipe.

I dont expect item trading, with the free to play model it wouldnt make a lot of sense to allow people to basically have free access to ultimate end tier content, if it happens I would think something like cosmetic trading. Lets see what happens.

As for wipes, they are quite capable of just wiping certain items, there is no need to start from the beginning, you are certainly right and also I dont think a lot of the core players would stay if there was another complete wipe considering how much they have put into the game several times over. Thats just reality.

The heads up and ETA ( I know it can change) and the notes about what is being worked on.  The fact you are dropping a line is very nice of you. Thank you very much +1

Shellium fix is fantastic especially if its retroactive. Ive been saving those smelly eggs! Betsy exp reduction is also welcomed as long as the exp curve adjustment is provided at the same time. For the love of god don't nerf Betsy until other maps provide a viable alternative please!

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Gotta ask understand your nerfing the Betsy map to half and increase the free play but with no details on the increase By any chance is either the xp spheres or +35% exp bonus for being level 50 any chance possibly in this hotfix ;)

Ugh, ya. I've been reading about this bug for a few days and know it's in our database. Sadly, I don't think it's gonna make the cutoff today for the build, but I'm getting out of my chair right now to discuss with QA and the programmer this is assigned to. I can promise you this - we WILL fix this issue soon, I'm just not sure if we can get it in tomorrow. 

@Echoplex quote:

Shellium fix is fantastic especially if its retroactive. Ive been saving those smelly eggs! Betsy exp reduction is also welcomed as long as the exp curve adjustment is provided at the same time. For the love of god don't nerf Betsy until other maps provide a viable alternative please!

Ya i really hope that the xp increase elsewhere comes with this patch and not in a future patch. I know they said details later but so far they haven't (as far as i can see) said that the increase elsewhere will indeed be in the this same patch that reduces betsy. I also hope the xp increase on the later freeplay hard maps give compairable if not better xp than easy campaign betsy currently gives. Most of the games content is locked behind level 50 (i have no problem with that) but getting to 50 takes far to much grinding.

As a side note as much as i hate to request this i would appreciate seeing onslaught ipwr lvl get upped to around 120, 90 is far too low causing most matches to end pretty much as soon as they start because everyone is rediculously undergeared. There is no way a group of all ipwr 90 players could get anywhere, especially on the map it is available on. Also grinds my gears when people bring crappy builders and use them to fight resulting in them being nothing but dead weight, but there is really nothing that can be done to prevent that other than always going in with a premade group. 

The drops and rewards from it also need a massive boost, 100-300 gold and crappy low lvl gear (gear should be at least on par if not slightly better than freeplay hard gear) is not a reward at all for how hard it is, also wyvern tokens need a higher drop rate from the currency option, have yet to get a single token from it and as far as i am aware the devs confirmed they can drop from it.

@TrendyBrad quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Gotta ask understand your nerfing the Betsy map to half and increase the free play but with no details on the increase By any chance is either the xp spheres or +35% exp bonus for being level 50 any chance possibly in this hotfix ;)

Ugh, ya. I've been reading about this bug for a few days and know it's in our database. Sadly, I don't think it's gonna make the cutoff today for the build, but I'm getting out of my chair right now to discuss with QA and the programmer this is assigned to. I can promise you this - we WILL fix this issue soon, I'm just not sure if we can get it in tomorrow. 

I'm not sure why it wasn't very high priority. The forum's aflood with exp issues, and it seems that's what you want to address, but you've completely left out this major issue. We should be getting *at least* 70% more exp (and up and over 100% depending on how many 50s you have), than we are getting right now. The exp spheres don't work, and nor do the exp boosts which are supposed to come from having level 50s.

If you re-balance the exp given right now, without taking into account that we're going to be getting almost (or more than) double exp when you fix the exp increases, I think you're going to really over-compensate and make leveling way too easy as soon as you fix the boosts. Then you'll end up with people saying leveling is too quick, and maybe you'll have to nerf it all down again. It really doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't include both fixes together, and either speed up fixing the exp boost bug, or hold back on re-balancing the free play exp, and at least ensure that the increases you're giving to map exp is done with the possible exp boosts working, for your testing.

As a side note as much as i hate to request this i would appreciate seeing onslaught ipwr lvl get upped to around 120, 90 is far too low causing most matches to end pretty much as soon as they start because everyone is rediculously undergeared. There is no way a group of all ipwr 90 players could get anywhere, especially on the map it is available on. Also grinds my gears when people bring crappy builders and use them to fight resulting in them being nothing but dead weight, but there is really nothing that can be done to prevent that other than always going in with a premade group. 

The drops and rewards from it also need a massive boost, 100-300 gold and crappy low lvl gear (gear should be at least on par if not slightly better than freeplay hard gear) is not a reward at all for how hard it is, also wyvern tokens need a higher drop rate from the currency option, have yet to get a single token from it and as far as i am aware the devs confirmed they can drop from it.

agreed with the wyvern token drops. did 24 runs. and not a single wyvern token drop. Also the actual gold drop is awful. 1 special enemy drops more gold than 5 rounds of the currency option(eggs/boxes sell for 500 the other gear(2-4 item drops) sell for 30 ish each.) Which means thats about 1300 every special enemy. depending on how many boxes/eggs they drop.

while currency per round is 100-350. up the currency with about *10

@TrendyBrad quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

So a new wipe is not a subject of discussion? like i said the sooner the better and you know how to do it...When a bug appear you have to correct the source AND the consequence. So the way some people were farming itempwr 800 is fine?

Question: will you reenable nightmare mode drops on normal mobs that are not Bosses, because the current system feels pretty bad and not rewarding at all so nobody plays nightmare mode at this stage?

Remove downgrade and fix solo play, I want to play solo and have success with it (yes I play with other people, but I prefer solo mode tho, just like in DD1 / DDE ) :p

[[4370,users]]
You'll probably read it in my other reply to the post of how this thread originated, but you are awesome.

Please sticky this somewhere that is easy to locate, and please do continue to post these in the future!
-Even with the disclaimers of tentative changes to content/release date, I think you'll see that this is going to be huge for the whole community!

[[59260,users]]

Any feedback on the possible fix to the Empower bug Monks have at the moment? I have a thread in the bug report section about it but haven't heard anything about a possible resolution. In short, the Empower item effect is not applying to the monk Boost Aura like it says it does.  

I'll take a fix to a few of the items in my inventory right now, sent in a bug report with the details....Frustrating to say the least.

@TrendyBrad quote:

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Alright, so I know I am likely to get quite a bit of flack to those unfamiliar with the subject, etc., but do you actually consider everyone from your player base to be ignorant, or flat out stupid?

It is clear that the core reason this, overwhelmingly severe bug, hasn't gotten fixed yet is because Trendy does not want it fixed, yet, for the purpose of extending initial gameplay time (has quite a number of advantages for Trendy). Unless your team coded the game that poorly, as someone familiar with programming and despite the fact that I have not seen your code so this would often be a very iffy subject, this particular case should be extremely easy to put out an immediate fix for. In fact, it should be so easy that it could be done within minutes unless your code is that hairy. This is fairly insulting to your players. It is not a case of "you need to track down the issue" because it should be applying directly to one spot and one spot alone with the function used in a very specific area of the code and referenced no where else, unless you are dealing with massive disgusting code that fails to adhere to proper standards and design.

I'm prepared for the flame and the lack of further reply from Trendy in this thread. No, I'm not just a complainer as I have very little complaint on the forums and almost entirely just helpful advice/feedback to other users/topics. For those that are not aware, "pre-alpha" is not an end all excuse. This is one of those cases where it is almost certainly intentional.

Some issues of neglect from Trendy aside and the entire IPW issue (not progression but map limited public game vs private/downgrading issues) I really like the direction DD2 has taken since the wipe. I was concerned pre-wipe with the lack luster impression it provided.

@Xengre quote:

-snip-

Can you please find a different thread for the accusing, rage-filled replies?  It hasn't escaped most of our attention that this particular thread was (originally) a well-behaved, thoughtful, positive place for us to have frank conversation with the community team about what's coming next.  It's posts like yours, where you specifically call out that you expect it to end dev participation in the thread, that are making these forums a difficult place to be.

TL; DR

Take your poor attitude to a different thread, this one's for being polite.

-Stretch

@iamisom quote:
  • Rotted eggs will now give Shellium Shards.

I really hope this gets in tomorrow since my bags are getting full of rotten eggs and they smell!

@stretchyalien quote:

@Xengre quote:

-snip-

Can you please find a different thread for the accusing, rage-filled replies?  It hasn't escaped most of our attention that this particular thread was (originally) a well-behaved, thoughtful, positive place for us to have frank conversation with the community team about what's coming next.  It's posts like yours, where you specifically call out that you expect it to end dev participation in the thread, that are making these forums a difficult place to be.

TL; DR

Take your poor attitude to a different thread, this one's for being polite.

-Stretch

My post held no rage. This much was clear. I pointed out a clear showing that, on one aspect, they gave their players the finger with complete intention and it was entirely deserved. The exp issue, largely escalated further by the Exp spheres is the biggest concern on the forums by far at the moment and has been since the wipe. I only mention the ending of dev participation as the most likely result because this is what most developers do when they get called out and are afraid to reply back in the thread. It isn't a guarantee. So far they have done a vastliy superior job over companies like Riot. It still doesn't mean we shouldn't point out something so severely neglectful of their players, something that was maliciously intentional. This thread is not intended for being "polite". So no, my attitude is neither poor nor unwarranted. It is something echoed by the masses. You are the minority here.

Heck, here is an amazing post. They do listen, but they certainly aren't perfect and we shouldn't shy away from such actions else they may pull an EA/Ubisoft and repeatedly step on us since they know they can get away with it.

@iamisom quote:

Item Power Downleveling will be removed in an update very soon. We're hoping to remove it in the next hotfix, but it might not make it in time. 

@Xengre quote:

My post held no rage. This much was clear. I pointed out a clear showing that, on one aspect, they gave their players the finger with complete intention and it was entirely deserved. The exp issue, largely escalated further by the Exp spheres is the biggest concern on the forums by far at the moment and has been since the wipe. I only mention the ending of dev participation as the most likely result because this is what most developers do when they get called out and are afraid to reply back in the thread. It isn't a guarantee. So far they have done a vastliy superior job over companies like Riot. It still doesn't mean we shouldn't point out something so severely neglectful of their players, something that was maliciously intentional. This thread is not intended for being "polite". So no, my attitude is neither poor nor unwarranted. It is something echoed by the masses. You are the minority here.

And what do you think you're accomplishing by the aggressive attitude?  Hostility generally begets more hostility.  Unless you are specifically looking to start a flame war, you are more likely to get results by being polite.  (As a side note, this is like the third mental revision of this post; the first ones were much more snide.)

It's commendable that you uphold a standard of quality in software development.  You are probably a senior developer like myself, with many years of experience in the industry.  However, not everyone is that experienced, and companies also employ junior developers.  Someone fresh out of school does not yet have the appreciation of clean design.  Some people may never acquire it; to someone who regards software development as simply a job, it's enough that the code superficially works.

Ideally, the would indeed be a single function for granting XP which could apply all the appropriate modifiers.  Unfortunately, the real world does not always conform to ideals.  Smart companies employ code review to double-check what the junior developers have produced, but it's difficult to reject a review when you have your own tasks to complete as well the managers are breathing down your neck for a new release.  I've had the misfortune of gazing into the depths of Flash source code; you wouldn't believe the atrocities I've seen there.  And Adobe is supposed to be a big and respectable company that should know better.

With that in mind, do you still claim malicious intent?  Do you have evidence that would hold in a court?