Sign in to follow this  
keona

how happy are you guys with the changes?

I've been meaning to get back in the game but haven't really done so because although I don't mind having 500+ hours of game time wiped. I don't think I could come back after another full wipe if I had invested just as much or even more time. So because I've decided to stop playing for the time being I would like to hear how happy or upset players are with the changes from the most recent patch.

I would say I'm happy with the direction the changes are going but there's obviously a lot of work still to go. I think Trendy know this. Currently there's a lot of things that are bugged or haven't been given full attention. It's early in the development cycle and it still shows.

I would still say I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Half the threads in the past few days have been complaints and suggestions on how to fix it. Meaning a majority of the community really dislikes Trendy's actions as of late, and the people are quite upset about the current state of leveling, scaling, and experience curves they experience post-campaign.

@zGooZz quote:

Half the threads in the past few days have been complaints and suggestions on how to fix it. Meaning a majority of the community really dislikes Trendy's actions as of late, and the people are quite upset about the current state of leveling, scaling, and experience curves they experience post-campaign.

I just got done with 6 hours lvling to 50 from 43, and now that they changed Nightmare in End Game it's basically impossible with lower iPWR to complete the map, even now our NM3 gear gets downscaled to NM1 when we play NM1, and we just get completly destroyed before Round 6...Yes I do understand it's not what they are trying to do, I'll just have to wait some time for a fix or lvl more characters

I don't think the community is really upset with the direction other than the removal of defense speed which they already commented on. The issue in my opinion(which very well may be wrong) is that with these sweeping changes half of it was tested properly and the other half is broken in an effort to provide us with new stuff. Pets, xp curve and dailies come to mind.

Trendy seems very down to earth with the community and we know it thus the forum posts. This is a pre-alpha game which really were helping shape and mold as we go along. Theres going to be ups and downs while they figure it all out. All games go through this process however the community is not generally involved this early. If you look at DD2s development, it has change drastically and more so in the direction the community has asked for.

To sum it up im very happy with the direction, I just wish it all worked as intended which it will given time. Come back in a few weeks once this stuff is ironed out.

@Echoplex quote:

I don't think the community is really upset with the direction other than the removal of defense speed which they already commented on. The issue in my opinion(which very well may be wrong) is that with these sweeping changes half of it was tested properly and the other half is broken in an effort to provide us with new stuff. Pets, xp curve and dailies come to mind.

Trendy seems very down to earth with the community and we know it thus the forum posts. This is a pre-alpha game which really were helping shape and mold as we go along. Theres going to be ups and downs while they figure it all out. All games go through this process however the community is not generally involved this early. If you look at DD2s development, it has change drastically and more so in the direction the community has asked for.

To sum it up im very happy with the direction, I just wish it all worked as intended which it will given time. Come back in a few weeks once this stuff is ironed out.

I'll check daily, I also understand it is Pre-Alpha, and I'm here playing this game because Summer Sale, and can't make my own game in DD1, and basically finished it. Imo I'm glad they removed defense speed, but defense crit chance/damage may of not been the ideal method but either having ridiculously fast speed like DD1... that .07 or so attack speed was crazy on towers/ Fireball, Harpoons. I'm also glad they have Special Enemies and waves of enemies that spawn instead of that boring constant spawn of 100+ Ogres, like it was seriously a sit and afk when my Summoner had 6k+ dmg, and my Squire was 5k dmg, then Monk had what 4k? etc buff beams were super crazy, I'm also concerned with Inventory size, with perhaps even more Materials for pets, and perhaps lot of new types of items you need in your inventory later on that 32x4 or how many slots of inventory you have, isn't compared to 400 like DD1, but yes they need to have it reasonable amount so people also will pay gems for it because it will be Free to Play at release. Forgot the thing that will be something they'll have to do before they add trading or it'll screw it up, hopefully I'll remember that

Am I quite happy with the update? A resounding yes. Well... mostly.

Does it still have a ways to go? Also a resounding yes.

aside from monk and squire being the only things that really work (so far still  have blaze balloons and mines to test) the games alright. Farming loot is  bit tricky got to think outside the box replay replay game is in a weird spot with its flow after campaign but thats being looked at. its very team orientated late game if u wanna get anywhere solo is a no go half the time. you can farm up to nm4 loot as a squire thoe doesnt mean you an finish maps.

First time posting here, but as a fan of DD1, and not so much DDE, DD2 felt like the game I loved in DD1 before pre-wipe. Although I must admit that removing Defense Speed left me a bit salty, the OTHER changes show much potential to developing a better game.

Particularly, the leveling is (and soon might not be again) quite slow while loot has not been phenomenal as its either stacking Defense Power or Defense Health. While the DPS AP Builds are a part of the game, what made me love DD1 was the choice to play how I wanted and that included utilizing the Summoner's ability to overview the field and play traditionally while my allies went DPS. Before pre-wipe I was able to relive that joy.

The changes to UI, redesign of campaign and tutorial, expansion of pets and tweaking of skills and quests have indeed been welcomed changes albeit most of them bugged (still not have received any more quests aside from the first and free-play shows no rewards).

Am I happy with the new redesign? Not particularly so at the moment. Should you play? Yes, you should. If anything, just to at least complete campaign and then you should wait 'til they fix the leveling, loot, and return of defense speed.

Overall, I support the company for taking the feedback seriously and would continue to play the game after the subsequent patches resolve most of the current technical issues. Trendy is a solid company and would throw money at again.

P.S. Obligatory "Defense Speed" Rant: The only thing that Trendy, well a member of Trendy, has done to anger me during my time with DD2 was calling Defense Speed "stale" in the DevStream. Although it is indeed an opinion and is childish of me to take offense, Defense Speed is an integral part in my gameplay experience and was one of my favorite stats. Although there were many ways to address the issue, such as diminishing return or max caps, the removal was far too harsh of an option especially for someone who loved the hyper ballista laser from DD1.

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

Still trying to adapt 

It's taking my team awhile to adapt, we are working on more characters now while we wait to see if some more tweaks are done. NM1 is fun, we haven't had too much success on NM2-3 though. 

Builds that work seem to be too centered, very little variety right now, and no imagination. Would like to see how they tweak nightmare when they start focusing on it. 

@Echoplex quote:

What did they comment on? Just curious as I haven't kept up with things as of late.

As a relatively new person to DD2 (and over 600 hours in DD1), my biggest issues are fairly minor and to be expected with a game in it's 'pre-alpha' state (defenses ignoring enemies, walls not working properly, etc). Though I will say the thing that bothered me most is the removal of the defense speed stat, you never really feel like you're improving at all. That and the lvl cap make going through old content not as satisfying, one of the great joys of DD1 was being able to go back and do the super easy content and feel the catharsis of completely stomping the guts out of a boss that made you suffer when you were lower level.

Right now, it just makes you feel as if you're fighting through quicksand.

DD2 is a dramatically better game than before. Complain all you like about the tower stat changes now we all play a much more active role in the defense over afking behind our towers. There are still a lot of issues that need to be addressed but overall DD2 has taken a huge step forward.

I am happy with the majority of the direction the game moves to. The last patch showed me the great potential and also the extremly awesome ideas they have. I like the idea about skill spheres, the idea about the quests, theidea about pets... yes, they are plenty of bugs. That's why this is early access.

I'm really looking forward to what comes next.

My personally biggest issue is matchmaking and how social score should work. Out of 20 tries to get into public matches I get about 10 times into an afk tavern (and rejoin and rejoin and rejoin), 5 times into a match that shows me 'Oh my god, what are thy doing... they aren't even answering...' but I cannot leave because of social score. ...and 5 times I get a nice match. Matchmaking teaches me to avoid public matches. Not because of any bugs but how it will work later. There are very important (in my opinion) features which are not intended to be implemented. I want to have the possibility to tell the game 'please don't match me ever up again with those guys. they won't answer, they do anything and I waste my time and get frustrated'. ...that's about what I suggested months ago as 'ignore list'. Gutu suggested a great server list and got about 65 likes if I remember correctly.

To be fair I have no idea what will really happening about this. The current situtation just makes me think it won't change that much. Once this game will be released I see a heavy need for some kind of player filter that helps me avoid matchmaking I dislike.

Maybe I'm that cautious because well-intended but not suitable matchmaking destroyed my favorite game... the game itself was great but nobody was able to get into satisfying matches.

Aside from that (and this is just a single topic) I am very happy with the game's direction.

I miss attack speed. Why was it removed? Something with it bugging the towers? So I guess removing the speed stat entirely must be the best option, who needs to fix buggy towers in the first place amirite! /s

I'm happy with the changes in terms of where the games heading, the level increase is nice, the quests while leveling are OK etc.  However I'm not happy with the way the patch was rushed and full of bugs, if this was a cooked chicken we would all have food poisoning.

I know this is still pre-alpha and in development but first impressions stick, people might be playing for the first time and thinking this is a buggy mess and quit never to return.  You should be thinking quality not quantity, anything you release whether it's a trial or not should be of highest of quality, not thrown at us early and hotfixed for the next 2 weeks till it's where you want it.

I'm Sorry Trendy i am just not Likeing the changes to the towers if this is what we are in for i might just go play something else.

I am liking the fact that it isn't, so far anyway, afk-able. We are far more engaged in the game. The defence speed stat is there it just isn't being used yet. They could easily tweak it to give us say 3 or 4 points per level and see where we are. The grind to 50 is the only thing that really grates on me. the big leap from campaign to free play to normal if you go directly through it is big each time but if you do persevere you can get there. Solo is hard for sure and the balance isn't there for that. If you have a solid set of friends who play (a lot) you can get all the way through the content, mere mortal casual players have a harder time of things.

Here is what I wish they would change in regards to solo play. EXP not shared with your deck. They say that once you hit 50 your alts will get a boost in EXP. But they also say you need to use multi heroes to pass levels. So there for once you get to 50 realistically you will have already leveled everyone just to get there. I said it before, If you are solo playing your whole deck should get equal XP. I use all three every map (will use 4 when I can). That makes the grind even more crappy.

thanks for all the comments. I've been looking around the forums and I really want to play just so I can get some legendary pets >.< taking a lot of willpower not to log in to the game :p