Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Hotfix 5.8

Does someone can tell me why i still secretly hope the game can become a good one after i played dd1 which was always heavily bugged and now this hotfix .8? Why do i believe this is going to be fun after hotfix17 and next wipe?

Has anyone had any success on Nm since hotfix? The trash mobs are just tearing through defences even with suggested ipwr, sure before some bosses had no hp, but ogres were still a real threat, now ogres aren't the issue, the trash stuff is, you can't hurt them anymore. 

Update: We can squire tank and LSA aura our way through NM1 but it's a struggle even with downscaled gear from nm3.  And by struggle I mean ogre kiting for 5mins depending on unique qualitys. 

The constant whining here is really starting to annoy.  They haven't fixed the particular issues you're complaining about yet because they're HARD.  Without knowledge of how they built the game, we can't (from the sidelines) make any judgement about how long a fix to a particular issue could take.

They're fixing the items that are near the bottom right on the impact/time axes.  The ones you're asking about may very well be far in the top left.  If they said they're working on it, they are.

Either accept the bugfixes as they come, or don't.  But don't whine because you got buxfix X instead of bugfix Y, simply because you believe it's more important.  I promise that they understand how to prioritize, even if it isn't obvious from the end of the conveyor belt.

-Stretch

@Vampee quote:

@CBlue413 quote:

The concern (from my standpoint) is that some of the major issues seem like stuff that internal testing should catch before a huge patch goes live, and I've felt this way before with Trendy's development style.  I appreciate all the hotfixes and see that Trendy is really grinding away away at known issues, I just get worried that this will turn into DDE where major patches cause more problems than they fix.

Or... major issues become so numerous and complex that we need a full wipe and a "re-invent the wheel" patch.

Very true. This way game will never come out of alpha. even if 10 yrs pass. i have worked as a game developer in past for  a good game company. and the way trendy is working, i am sorry to say this but u will lose your game and players this way.

No you didnt, end of it.

@stretchyalien quote:

The constant whining here is really starting to annoy.  They haven't fixed the particular issues you're complaining about yet because they're HARD.  Without knowledge of how they built the game, we can't (from the sidelines) make any judgement about how long a fix to a particular issue could take.

They're fixing the items that are near the bottom right on the impact/time axes.  The ones you're asking about may very well be far in the top left.  If they said they're working on it, they are.

Either accept the bugfixes as they come, or don't.  But don't whine because you got buxfix X instead of bugfix Y, simply because you believe it's more important.  I promise that they understand how to prioritize, even if it isn't obvious from the end of the conveyor belt.

-Stretch

Nice to see a bit of reason on this thread. I was kinda hoping this community was gonna be less toxic, but oh well. I guess early access is always like this.

I'm sure in a week or two most of the bugs might be fixed (Well, I'm guessing at least. I don't actually know how quickly Trendy worked in the past) and getting some of the balance issues right may take a bit longer. Either way, it'll be nice to see how this update shapes up.

FIX F@#$%^ DAILY MISSIONS  ive been stuck on the same ones since day 1 of full wipe and cant do nothing about it................................................... deal breaker

@Litus™ quote:

FIX F@#$%^ DAILY MISSIONS  ive been stuck on the same ones since day 1 of full wipe and cant do nothing about it................................................... deal breaker

HAVE SOME F"¤/#&% PATIENCE!  The game is still in development.  If you don't want to be part of the testing team, wait for final release which will probably happen some time next year.

Fate willing, daily quests will be fixed on Thursday.

@stretchyalien quote:

-Stretch

The company needs to know what to work on/ whats important to the customers. They even said on the dev stream about how the forums is where the list is formed. Negative feedback is how you improve. How you say it can be debated. But reading the people complaining about complainers is absolutely useless, it ends up being drama and has nothing to do with the game

@Cavespider quote:

Negative feedback is how you improve.

Constructive feedback is even better.  Also feedback can be presented politely or rudely.  Insults covered with sarcasm won't do any good.

Bad example:

Why didn't you fix XP boosts?  You guys suck!

Good example:

I think you really should focus on fixing the XP boosts.  Can you give a status update on that?

Both of these convey essentially the same information: the poster believes a fix to XP boosts to be important.  However, the polite one is much more likely to open a reasonable discussion on the topic.

@tdb quote:

@Cavespider quote:

Negative feedback is how you improve.

Constructive feedback is even better.  Also feedback can be presented politely or rudely.  Insults covered with sarcasm won't do any good.

Bad example:

Why didn't you fix XP boosts?  You guys suck!

Good example:

I think you really should focus on fixing the XP boosts.  Can you give a status update on that?

Both of these convey essentially the same information: the poster believes a fix to XP boosts to be important.  However, the polite one is much more likely to open a reasonable discussion on the topic.

I agree

@Cavespider quote:

The company needs to know what to work on/ whats important to the customers. They even said on the dev stream about how the forums is where the list is formed. Negative feedback is how you improve. How you say it can be debated. But reading the people complaining about complainers is absolutely useless, it ends up being drama and has nothing to do with the game

Obviously we have a difference in definitions.  "Whining" refers to destructive criticism.  You can give feedback about things you find to negatively impact the game, without whining about it.  This has been an issue on these forums for several weeks now.  

"Reading the people complaining about complainers" is how we make a point that the rage posts at the developer aren't helpful.  It's INTENDED to make you rethink your post.