Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Hotfix 5.8

@Kyrn quote:

@XoKCoJI quote:

I know nothin in game development or coding or bug fixing, but is it so hard to increase xp rates in other maps to suit Betsy campaign? 

And frankly speaking this 5.8 fix is a joke... Everything except Pet Reroll is not so necessary or even worth to pay attention at all.
But that's just my opinion.

Except it's that Betsy Campaign is giving too much XP. A proper fix would only nerf said XP. :P

Yep. but should also buff xp on all maps. *** is just way too grindy with all the horrible IPWR. and why end game is locked because you aren't lvl 50 is retarded. 

There shouldn't be a end game ipwr of 0-150. Thats where free play hard is for. instead you make them. Which means you have 2 SEPERATE lists which search for pretty much the same thing

also no shallium shards. like wat. we told you this pretty much on day 1 of the patch.....

@todaz quote:

@Kyrn quote:

@XoKCoJI quote:

I know nothin in game development or coding or bug fixing, but is it so hard to increase xp rates in other maps to suit Betsy campaign? 

And frankly speaking this 5.8 fix is a joke... Everything except Pet Reroll is not so necessary or even worth to pay attention at all.

Except it's that Betsy Campaign is giving too much XP. A proper fix would only nerf said XP. :P

Yep. but should also buff xp on all maps. *** is just way too grindy with all the horrible IPWR. and why end game is locked because you aren't lvl 50 is retarded. 

There shouldn't be a end game ipwr of 0-150. Thats where free play hard is for. instead you make them. Which means you have 2 SEPERATE lists which search for pretty much the same thing

also no shallium shards. like wat. we told you this pretty much on day 1 of the patch.....

Just keep reporting bugs. This is Alpha, the game is supposed to be buggy. These things take time, they are allowed to take time.

Its pretty amazing that they are hotfixing this fast, but they don't have to. Its ***ing alpha.

It would be nice to see a fix for the Daily quests, since I think I've only gotten one so far.
Then again, a hotfix is a hotfix, and is by nature quite limited in what it solves. I do think and hope the quests would have a high priority in fixing.

@Dullindal quote:

@EasyAction quote:

Xp  fix s/b top priority guys.all the other fixes ...fluff no one cared.

You don't care, many others do.

Im getting some good EXP on hard, so i don't care about XP fix. i guess nobody cares about xp fix.

Nice Sarcasm... But pretty sure most of the complaints on the forums are related to XP NOT in hard difficulity ;) .

@todaz quote:

@Kyrn quote:

@XoKCoJI quote:

Maps don't really need a Buff IMO. The Spheres that give +20% experience, needs to be fixed as well as the 35% increase for having a lvl 50.  All maps will be nice to play again.  Betsy will prob be nerfed hopfully not before the spheres are fixed.

Agreed End game being locked is blah.

Any endgame that was even remotely playable before solo has just been locked down, I happily worked my ass off to legitimately gear my two characters to 250 ilvl through content that was HARD and without exploitation, and now that content just had its mob density tripled, just to rub it into my face to say "no, there is absolutely no way you should be playing this, even with above level gear for the map".

I am pretty sure at this point they do not want any of us progressing into endgame unless we are in a 4 man group, and even then they just upped 3-4 man party difficulty.

My patience for this is running out, I put a lot of time into this and every time I think I am making progress, they make it harder to progress, now to the point where I literally have no more avenues to progress my characters any further, I can only progress my other 2 to 50 at which point they will also sit at the wall that was just created.

Pre patch I could JUST solo NM1 for a few waves with characters higher geared than the required 245, with a solid build using 2 toons, a lot of work to repair and CC lanes and often then with failures, now there are 3x+ the number of enemies and you havnt even a glimmer of hope of getting halfway through wave 1.

I guess I am done with the available content that they want us to play, I will check back in a month.

@davros989 quote:

Any endgame that was even remotely playable before solo has just been locked down, I happily worked my ass off to legitimately gear my two characters to 250 ilvl through content that was HARD and without exploitation, and now that content just had its mob density tripled, just to rub it into my face to say "no, there is absolutely no way you should be playing this, even with above level gear for the map".

I am pretty sure at this point they do not want any of us progressing into endgame unless we are in a 4 man group, and even then they just upped 3-4 man party difficulty.

My patience for this is running out, I put a lot of time into this and every time I think I am making progress, they make it harder to progress, now to the point where I literally have no more avenues to progress my characters any further, I can only progress my other 2 to 50 at which point they will also sit at the wall that was just created.

Pre patch I could JUST solo NM1 for a few waves with characters higher geared than the required 245, with a solid build using 2 toons, a lot of work to repair and CC lanes and often then with failures, now there are 3x+ the number of enemies and you havnt even a glimmer of hope of getting halfway through wave 1.

So angry right now, very close to ditching the game, and that would make me sad.

they buffed NM maps?

@EasyAction quote:

Xp  fix s/b top priority guys.all the other fixes ...fluff no one cared.

The whole last paragraph of the post says they're working on it. Some issues are bigger than others and there's no way they would task everyone with fixing the same bug. That would be horribly inefficient. 

People really need patience...

@Cavespider quote:they buffed NM maps?

Yes, not all of them, only the ones that people even had half a chance of completing.

Im fine with the glitch fixes, splash reduction (I never used it) and making the game fair for all in general, but now it is simply not possible to play solo beyond hard mode with the available gear.

I am also very interested to hear what groups say concerning the buff they just applied to 3-4 man nightmare+ content as well.

Can I please get some response as to what will happen to my account, and what i can do because it got wiped after a simple relog? 

Basically you guys patched things nobody really cares about. Thanks. And we get yet another "we are looking into those issues" post. Can't wait to see what the next patch will fix, probably nothing important. 

11/10 -IGN

i dont play anymore after the 5.8 hotfix.

it was fun to play before the patch and it was hard but not undoable, but now ? no way to play solo

its not doable for me to solo even at nm1 with that changes to the monster hp -.-

@Hadeskrieger quote:

its not doable for me to solo even at nm1 with that changes to the monster hp -.-

read the patch notes did not see any thing about splash/ moster buffs on any maps

@Cavespider quote:

@Hadeskrieger quote:

read the patch notes did not see any thing about splash/ moster buffs on any maps

read patch notes again. they fixed nm. so now it is just triple the mobs. yay

Trendy Logic " Nightmares already a broken buggy mess what should we do? I know make them harder without fixing the real issues. Amazing idea!!!" This stuff you guys did in nightmare without fixing the main issues was awful.

@iamisom quote:

Greetings, Defenders! Another day, another Hotfix.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where sometimes Pet Rerolls were consuming the whole stack of Reroll items, instead of just one.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not ready up past the end game timer after defeating Betsy.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mission Screen was showing up during the build phase.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mission Screen was displaying improperly.
  • Fixed an issue where some Special Enemies were not counting for Kill Special enemies Missions and Challenges. Intro enemies are not counted for this.
  • Fixed an issue where some Skill Spheres were named incorrectly or with the wrong tiers.
  • Fixed an issue where End Game Betsy was not dropping enough loot.
  • Fixed an issue where the Forge spline was not showing when the Colonel's Quest was active.        
  • Fixed an issue where player names were not showing properly in the Social Tavern.
  • Fixed an issue where double clicking on the Item Enhancement Wheel was broken.
  • Fixed several tooltips that were wandering all over the screen. Broke other ones.
  • Fixed an issue where stat comparison tooltips for items on the Item Enhancment Wheel were going offscreen.
  • Fixed an issue where Pet reroll numbers were not displaying properly.
  • Fixed an issue where players and towers were not taking damage properly from all of Betsy's abilities.
  • Fixed an issue where some Nightmare maps did not have their proper waves set up.
  • Fixed an issue where the valve caps on Dragonfall Sewers was able to push bosses off the map.
  • Fixed an issue where drench on weapons was too powerful.
  • Fixed an issue where the threat ramp on Nightmare Mode was incorrect for 3-4 players  
  • Fixed a bug where air lanes on Nightmare The Gates of Dragonfall were not setup properly.

Known Issues

• The Corrupted Welp now has evolution recipes, but won't gain an ability when evolved.
  • Several of the tooltips in various UIs go off screen.
  • Not all Ogres in Nightmare mode are Tier 3.
  • Fire Cart trap in The Gates of Dragonfall doesn't damage enemies.
  • Background for the character create screen doesn't extend the full length of the window in certain resolutions.
  • The "!" icon is not displayed over the Colonel during his quest.
  • The text on the tooltips for pets overlaps.
  • If you equip a pet at the Stable by click and dragging it, you won't be able to feed the pet unless you exit and re-enter the Stable Screen.
  • When pets gain an ability after evolving, the pet ability will not display on the pet evolved flash screen. Unequipping and then re-equipping the pet will cause the screen to update correctly.
  • The Stable Screen in general won't update in a lot of areas unless you exit the UI and unequip/re-equip the pet.
  • The All Heroes section in the costume shop doesn’t show the costumes for all heroes, just the hero you’re playing as.

We're actively investigating some other hot topic issues -- like the difficulty and XP levels of Free Play as well as various bugs with Daily Missions and Shellium Shards, and will be addressing those in future patches and hotfixes.

you mean the 3-4 players ramp

You know, Trendy has more than one developer, so they can work on multiple issues at once.  They probably gave the easier issues to junior developers, while seniors work on the harder ones.  If the easy ones happen to get fixed first, why not release them?  Would you prefer them to hold off any fixes until the one you think of as most important is done?

Reading all these comments.. all these complaints.... i would love to see you guys do a better job!

Do you know the reason why there is no EXP fix yet? Do you know the reason why all the IMPORTANT BIG ISSUES are not in these hotfixes.... 

It is because they are big issues and require fine tuning and TIME... while these bigger issues are the main problems with the game and will take time to properly correct do you know what they are doing?

They are giving us fixes for as much of the simpler easier stuff to fix to show you that they are actively working on the game, these hotfixes with what many are calling "unimportant useless fixes" is probably 1 dev pushing through all that work to help out while the rest of the entire team collaborates the fix the bigger more important issues as fast as they can.

Would you feel better if you saw no hotfixes for a month and just got "we are working on a patch for the issues in the game"... that would drive me insane thinking they arent doing anything!

Personally im grateful that with all the major issues in the game they still manage to keep their cool with all this hate and respond with maturity and kindness whilst also giving as much incite as they can on what they are working on.

We have been told they are working on the main major issues, this is more than enough for me.

I say to these amazing devs and the entire team (including the awesome forum ninjas like iamisom) thankyou for all your hard work, there is atleast one person (thats me!) who appreciates all you do and understands that creating a game, pushing out patches and fixing issues is no easy task especially with all the people out there that dont give constructive criticism and just hate on you. Your amazing!   

tl;dr kids stop hatin! devs be cool, lets see you make a game, love u devs! <3

Rant over.

@Finaldeath quote:

Even though it wasn't mentioned i hope a fix is in there for reroll items getting thrown back into the first bag every time i come out of a loading screen.

I can assure you this has been reported with video as reference so I am positive they will look into it.

[[4370,users]]   

Pls do remember fix the daily missions bug as fast as u can

u may not create a fair atmosphere for players if u don't fix this big bug       if so   FULL WIPE will be useless

some of my friends have more than 100 tokens now     but  others have less than 20  more than 1 Uber  obvioursly unfair

i hope u can fix this bug soon and reset all player's tokens  thx

The concern (from my standpoint) is that some of the major issues seem like stuff that internal testing should catch before a huge patch goes live, and I've felt this way before with Trendy's development style.  I appreciate all the hotfixes and see that Trendy is really grinding away away at known issues, I just get worried that this will turn into DDE where major patches cause more problems than they fix.

Or... major issues become so numerous and complex that we need a full wipe and a "re-invent the wheel" patch.

I understand the NM "triple monster density" / "Insane HP" (not anymore) changes as artificial barriers to keep players from actually playing it, yes?
If so, then the problem is miscommunication, as it would've been better to just tell that it isn't balanced enough to be tested and then, disable it for the time being; If not, then you guys 'done goofed up' on the difficulty board big time.

Bumping the difficulty up across the board to then use player death data to ramp it down later... is okay, if that's what you've been doing... but maybe telling us beforehand would make it more enjoyable for everyone involved? You remember, right: This alpha is supposed to be for people that don't have problems with funny crazy bugs and messed up test ideas, but we are supposed to be informed of what you are targeting at each step in order to provide useful feedback other than the numbers you already get from the servers.

From the comments, too many peeps are treating the game as a finished product... Well, for as much as I hate to play the "entitlement" card, all that I can say is that purchasing our way into the experience doesn't make the game any more final; it is still in the making, and we are all a part of it... so let's try to have fun shaping the game up?

Count me in as a satisfied test subject of your facility, GLaDOS-chan ~~

@CBlue413 quote:

The concern (from my standpoint) is that some of the major issues seem like stuff that internal testing should catch before a huge patch goes live, and I've felt this way before with Trendy's development style.  I appreciate all the hotfixes and see that Trendy is really grinding away away at known issues, I just get worried that this will turn into DDE where major patches cause more problems than they fix.

Or... major issues become so numerous and complex that we need a full wipe and a "re-invent the wheel" patch.

Very true. This way game will never come out of alpha. even if 10 yrs pass. i have worked as a game developer in past for  a good game company. and the way trendy is working, i am sorry to say this but u will lose your game and players this way.

@CBlue413 quote:

The concern (from my standpoint) is that some of the major issues seem like stuff that internal testing should catch before a huge patch goes live, and I've felt this way before with Trendy's development style. 

If Bioware had a similar motivation to fix bugs players are concerned about I would have played Dragon Age Inquisition much longer.