Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Early Access] Hotfix 5.8

Greetings, Defenders! Another day, another Hotfix.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where sometimes Pet Rerolls were consuming the whole stack of Reroll items, instead of just one.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not ready up past the end game timer after defeating Betsy.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mission Screen was showing up during the build phase.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mission Screen was displaying improperly.
  • Fixed an issue where some Special Enemies were not counting for Kill Special enemies Missions and Challenges. Intro enemies are not counted for this.
  • Fixed an issue where some Skill Spheres were named incorrectly or with the wrong tiers.
  • Fixed an issue where End Game Betsy was not dropping enough loot.
  • Fixed an issue where the Forge spline was not showing when the Colonel's Quest was active.        
  • Fixed an issue where player names were not showing properly in the Social Tavern.
  • Fixed an issue where double clicking on the Item Enhancement Wheel was broken.
  • Fixed several tooltips that were wandering all over the screen. Broke other ones.
  • Fixed an issue where stat comparison tooltips for items on the Item Enhancment Wheel were going offscreen.
  • Fixed an issue where Pet reroll numbers were not displaying properly.
  • Fixed an issue where players and towers were not taking damage properly from all of Betsy's abilities.
  • Fixed an issue where some Nightmare maps did not have their proper waves set up.
  • Fixed an issue where the valve caps on Dragonfall Sewers was able to push bosses off the map.
  • Fixed an issue where drench on weapons was too powerful.
  • Fixed an issue where the threat ramp on Nightmare Mode was incorrect for 3-4 players  
  • Fixed a bug where air lanes on Nightmare The Gates of Dragonfall were not setup properly.

Known Issues

• The Corrupted Welp now has evolution recipes, but won't gain an ability when evolved.
  • Several of the tooltips in various UIs go off screen.
  • Not all Ogres in Nightmare mode are Tier 3.
  • Fire Cart trap in The Gates of Dragonfall doesn't damage enemies.
  • Background for the character create screen doesn't extend the full length of the window in certain resolutions.
  • The "!" icon is not displayed over the Colonel during his quest.
  • The text on the tooltips for pets overlaps.
  • If you equip a pet at the Stable by click and dragging it, you won't be able to feed the pet unless you exit and re-enter the Stable Screen.
  • When pets gain an ability after evolving, the pet ability will not display on the pet evolved flash screen. Unequipping and then re-equipping the pet will cause the screen to update correctly.
  • The Stable Screen in general won't update in a lot of areas unless you exit the UI and unequip/re-equip the pet.
  • The All Heroes section in the costume shop doesn’t show the costumes for all heroes, just the hero you’re playing as.

We're actively investigating some other hot topic issues -- like the difficulty and XP levels of Free Play as well as various bugs with Daily Missions and Shellium Shards, and will be addressing those in future patches and hotfixes.

@iamisom quote:

• When pets gain an ability after evolving, the pet ability will not display on the pet evolved flash screen. Unequipping and then re-equipping the pet will cause the screen to update correctly.

'as well as various bugs with Daily Missions and Shellium Shards, and will be addressing those in future patches and hotfixes.'

Has anyone managed to get ANY Shellium Shards yet? My bags are filling with rottens hoping for the best.

@Mashies quote:

@iamisom quote:

'as well as various bugs with Daily Missions and Shellium Shards, and will be addressing those in future patches and hotfixes.'

Has anyone managed to get ANY Shellium Shards yet? My bags are filling with rottens hoping for the best.

@Kelebek quote:

Have to be honest, it's a real shame to see no fix to exp boosts...

@Dalz☆ (╰_╯) quote:

or daily that never reset for some people when other get like 10-20 quest per day ...

We're actively investigating all three of these issues. Stay tuned for more information. :)

It's really odd to see pet evolution bugs fixed even though no one can actually evolve pets.
Quite disappointing that shellium shards are still not in.

Nice list of other fixes though, so thats good, just doesn't seem like anything important made it into 5.8

DAILY QUESTS!!!!!! I wish I was one of those lucky few who have gotten multiple daily quests and probably have enough tokens at this point to buy whatever they want from the shop.

Ya first fix shellium shards plz and daily quest

and also what about ubers.

My squire is 50 and monk will be soon 50 .

Squire uber is almost useless.

Kept refreshing since yesterday for patch notes.

Slightly disappointed. Hope the next patch is soon.

Drench weapon is a good thing but it was nice to perma stun lanes with it and an electric aura. Can't wait for exp fix. so tired of betsy.

• "Fixed an issue where the valve caps on Dragonfall Sewers was able to push bosses off the map."
Shoulda kept that one! Why? Cuz I never experienced it & that would be funny to see! LOL

Otherwise, keep up the hard work! I know you cannot get to everything at once.

2 actual question:  With known issue "
  • The Corrupted Welp now has evolution recipes, but won't gain an ability when evolved."

My welp does not show any ingredients needed (unless it does after this patch). I have it @ 10/10 for both affection AND power lever. I have over 100K gold. Yet I still cannot evolve him. Is that part of this bug  or a different bug altogether? And is the welp SUPPOSED to need ingredients for evolving just like the rest of the pets? I did put in a bug report on this yesterday (Or maybe super early this morning).

I know nothin in game development or coding or bug fixing, but is it so hard to increase xp rates in other maps to suit Betsy campaign? 

And frankly speaking this 5.8 fix is a joke... Everything except Pet Reroll is not so necessary or even worth to pay attention at all.
But that's just my opinion.

To me, the XP and difficulty issues should be the number one thing to fix. If I have to do Betsy one more time I'm gonna rage quit. :)

Well, first of all, thanks for such consistent hotfixes since the patch. I know yall are working hard.

I realize XP changes, ipwr changes, uber balancing, etc might take a while... but... still no shellium shards? I'm not a programmer, but I can't imagine that's a terribly complicated fix. I'd really love to be able to use this awesome new pet evolution system. Fingers crossed for the next hotfix.

It seems like you guys hotfixed some stuff in nightmare with really fixing any of the issues with nightmare mode.....

Even though it wasn't mentioned i hope a fix is in there for reroll items getting thrown back into the first bag every time i come out of a loading screen.

@EasyAction quote:

Xp  fix s/b top priority guys.all the other fixes ...fluff no one cared.

You don't care, many others do.

Im getting some good EXP on hard, so i don't care about XP fix. i guess nobody cares about xp fix.

@Sweetwarlock quote:

Well, first of all, thanks for such consistent hotfixes since the patch. I know yall are working hard.

I realize XP changes, ipwr changes, uber balancing, etc might take a while... but... still no shellium shards? I'm not a programmer, but I can't imagine that's a terribly complicated fix. I'd really love to be able to use this awesome new pet evolution system. Fingers crossed for the next hotfix.

I am starting to think that actually there is no evolve system in game, and trendy's just deliberately not adding this shards, because if use them nothing will happen...

@XoKCoJI quote:

I know nothin in game development or coding or bug fixing, but is it so hard to increase xp rates in other maps to suit Betsy campaign? 

And frankly speaking this 5.8 fix is a joke... Everything except Pet Reroll is not so necessary or even worth to pay attention at all.

In programming it might, or might not be. Depends on the amount of code and how well organized and planned they were before programming. If they were modularized, it should be really easy to check on those, but depending how its done, increasing XP rate may take a while because it may not be done by calculations but reading from a table, so to remake that would take some time.

Still, I'm with you. Despite Pet Reroll, most of this stuff is not even close to what players wanted to see. Even more, Pet Reroll would have been nice to have fixed, sure, but we still managed to do with that bug, now can't evolve and fix evolved issues? SERIOUSLY?

Then people asking for a check on damage from the heroes cuz many of them are just off, they said they are onto it but seems that minor stuff that many did not even see are more important.

And daily quests not working since ever, they said it was a shame on the Devstream but still not a priority.

Can at least we get then a post telling us your priorities on the fixes? That way I can count how many days I should wait till I get back into playing...

Rotten eggs have a sell value of -500 and the sell button is greyed out, so not only do they still not turn into shellium they also take up bag slots with no way to remove. 

@XoKCoJI quote:

Except it's that Betsy Campaign is giving too much XP. A proper fix would only nerf said XP. :P

WE NEED a way to fix the Eggs today or tomorrow we can not sell the rotten eggs, and pets are the same since the pet and dragons basically with out the evolve. The XP issue while annoying can be gotten around same with some of the other ones but pets there is no work around for shellium shards