Sign in to follow this  
Jacmac

Question; Uber Spheres.

What ones are worth even looking at?

I'm currently playing a Defense Apprentice and I've been eying the Flamethrower Uber for a while now, but I've looked for a video or anything on the Flamethrower Uber and I found a video, obviously before this patch, that showed the guy loosing more than half his damage when using it...

Has it been buffed at all or is it still "Trash".

I've also looked at the Heavy Cannonball Uber too, again the question is it worth it? I've only found videos about it when it was pre Loot and Survive. And I've heard wonderful things about the Monk Lightning Strikes Uber.

I suppose really, my question is WHAT can I get that'll let me progress? What'll let me do content and not just be a colossal waste of my Wyvern Tokens?

I mean, I've literally been thinking of making an entirely new character, I've already leveled my apprentice to 50, just to get an Uber that'll be good because I saw an old video about the Flamethrower Uber.

Any information would be appreciated.

While tower ubers are pretty mixed, the character ubers seem mostly awesome.  Or at least upgrades over the base version...which you often can't say for tower ubers.

Yesterday i bought the Mage Uber Speher. I tested it in a few games and i am not really happy with the flamethrower tower...

- attack animation looks awesome:D

- it attacks in a 360° circle around the tower, pretty cool but the range is maybe the half of the flameburst tower. Also the damage is not that great, except the monsters stay in tower range a long time.

I think if you find a good spot for the tower, it could be nice.

Especially when there are many melee's attacking the barricade.

For the most rangend monster the tower range isn't big enough if you place them behind a barricade.

Played the first Map on NM1 yesterday and tested it. At the beginning i built many of them on all lanes behind barricades, but ended after a few attempts with just 2 of them remaining

TLDR; At a few specifc places (crowding ranged monster if you can place it on a hill or mass melee monster attacking a barricade) it is a nice addition but it can't completely replace the Flameburst Tower.

Alright, Crossing Flamethrower off my list if thats the case, Thanks for the heads up C0ncepta.

The question now still remains however, Monk Upgrade or, Heavy Cannonball Towers? xD

All I've seen from Cannonball is 1 guy saying it cut his DPS by 3/4, the ball only hits 1 enemy and it fires really slowly. Conversely, everyone is saying Monk's Uber is incredibly strong, and I've seen myself players who build with only the aura and blockades clearing nightmare.

So in other words, still "Trash", huh.

I'll probably go grind good ol' Betsy for a day then to level my monk and gear it then if that's the case ya'kno?

Kinda sad, and it also seems that Lightning Strike Aura will be nerfed too, I honestly do hope to god that Trendy doesn't just 'fix' the problem and not fix the underlying cause.

Anyway, I've noticed there hasn't been a patch in awhile either, like 3 - 4 days. I honestly think its because they're taking a long hard look at EXP scaling along with other issues. I really do like the fact that they didn't just rush out a Hotfix nerfing Betsy EXP into the ***ter as soon as they were made aware of it.

So Lightning Strike Aura (LSA) it is then. Problem is I've gotta fully gear my damn' monk too make it worth it. Oh well, I suppose *** happens huh?

Anyway, Anymore information about Ubers from any source? It'd help me and others too trying to decide what to grab because it's a daunting choice considering it'd probably take you around a week - two weeks to save it up again provided you even got your quest. xD

Thanks for the great responses guys! Really helped.

Friend of mine bought the Heavy Canonball Sphere yesterday.

- Long range i would say longer than the harpunes, but damage isn't really that great. Also I am not sure if it did aoe dmg or not.

At first I thought that the tower pierces through the Monster, but it just disappears in a small explosion after the first enemy hit. I'm not sure whether and how much damage the explosion did.
But it's funny to watch the canon balls rolling :D

TLDR; I would say funny tower but totally not worth it at the moment. In some situation, the Heavy Cannonball Tower could might be quite good, as a substitute for the ballista Tower, as this is also not really good at the moment.

For the Monk Sphere I have only heard that this should be quite good. But I have not seen the Sphere yet. Maybe I can say more about it tonight, a friend finished the monthly yesterday too, but it was
too late to test the Sphere.

Looking for any updates on this discussion, primarily for the Heavy Cannonball Uber.

Does it AoE like the normal one and if so, is it smaller radius.?

Does it do less damage to mobs if it's up close to a barricade vs. the original tower?

Take my word for it friend, do NOT get the heavy cannon uber.  It is the worst tower in the game.  It has less dps, less health, less accuracy, and loses the ability to hit air.  There is nothing good about it other than having extreme range, but what's the point in that range if it cannot do damage sometimes?  Yea, the thing just falls through the floor randomly or goes off the map without hitting anything.

@C0ncepta quote:

Yesterday i bought the Mage Uber Speher. I tested it in a few games and i am not really happy with the flamethrower tower...

- attack animation looks awesome:D

- it attacks in a 360° circle around the tower, pretty cool but the range is maybe the half of the flameburst tower. Also the damage is not that great, except the monsters stay in tower range a long time.

I think if you find a good spot for the tower, it could be nice.

Especially when there are many melee's attacking the barricade.

For the most rangend monster the tower range isn't big enough if you place them behind a barricade.

Played the first Map on NM1 yesterday and tested it. At the beginning i built many of them on all lanes behind barricades, but ended after a few attempts with just 2 of them remaining

TLDR; At a few specifc places (crowding ranged monster if you can place it on a hill or mass melee monster attacking a barricade) it is a nice addition but it can't completely replace the Flameburst Tower.

Note on the flamethrower, it has incredibly low aggro, so it can be placed to the side on a lane, mobs will ignore it unless it's in the line of fire, such as javelin tossers trying to hit barricades, placing it behind barricades definitely gimps it. In some cases, I find it far more powerful than flameburst. 

Should mention that this was necro'd, but I'll throw this out there just for people who want a update on ubers. Currently the elemental chaos, Flame thrower, & Sticky nades are the only good ones.

Elemental chaos is the best tower uber. Sticky grenades is the best hero uber. All other tower ubers have limited usage, Cannonball sux. Flamethrower is good dps against physical resist IF you set it up right. LSA is nerfed pretty hard and is really only useful near a wall to kill the 1 or 2 mobs that make it through the minefield on lanes that are physical resist. You probably won't use more than 2 LSAs on a map.