Sign in to follow this  
BallsOut

Gear Throttling

Currently gear is being scaled down even in the same map that you found the item.

Just wondering if anyone else is annoyed by the way gear scaling is working in its current state.

I can understand it being scaled back for such things as campaign and other sub 50 maps, but once I get to 50 and am playing endgame maps does there really need to be an ilvl cap on each level/step of the game?

This probably frustrated me the most when I had to spam Big Horn Valley maps for an egg, but still had my gear scaled down while doing so... I don't like the required grind on the two maps I dislike the most in the game to get something and to worsen it further by throttling my stats made it truly un-enjoyable.

I have noticed that as well, but I thought it is just a visual bug, because if you unequip and reequip the item, it shows the normal stats.

Have you checked, if your towers are doing less damage in such a game compared to a higher level/tower in the tavern?

Gear scaling is dumb over all. Feels dumb that you cant go back to easier difficulty and just crush it. makes progression feel gimped. If I get strong items they should be strong everywhere. I want to be able to boost fiends.

That is my opinion.