DunDefGame.exe has stopped working. FIXED

@KamelJabber quote:

@JoeyTheScott quote:

Most recent patch - Still having the same issues. 

yesterday I finally tried again.

I played in "Fullscreen Windowed" and I got through a full map w/o crashing.

Seems like either it's fixed for me or or the issue is strictly with "Windowed".

Joey, have you tried FULLSCREEN, I had luck with that.

I'm still having the exact issue as I mentioned in the OP. I can't load the game past DD2's initial client (where you have to press "play" to open the actual game). Oddly enough, so long as I delete and replace the files I highlighted with current versions I get friends to send me, I can play the game without issue. But I've got to delete and replace EVERY TIME I close and go to open the game. Really wish I understood why this is occurring.

• 1 year later...

Hello, whenever i uninstall everything and then reinstall the udk files aren't there unless i start up my game. Then when i do start it up i get the crash and everything and the "UDKOptions.ini.local.ini" still isn't there. Pls help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found the answer to our issues.

Follow this link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1991597/windows-bit-error-0xc000007b.html

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down and you'll see a post with a mediafire link in it. The author tells us to download that RAR file, open the folder inside it, and copy all DLL's to the respective folder of the Windows folder. System32 for 32-bit, and SysWOW64 for 64-bit of Windows 7.

I did exactly that, and now my game launches perfectly!

Cheers people! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

mine is crashing as well here is a screen shot of the problem

https://plus.google.com/u/2/photos/photo/101640195923944420159/6433749890202485746?icm=false&authkey=CIqgrO_OzdrYiQE

this problem is always aktiv... for me now more then 2 years ;( i like this game and i always stop playing it. this error. i do all things u wride here not nothing help, reinstall this game more then 5 time. save the 3 files. unplug 2 of my 3 Monitors. but nothing helps its still aktiv.

here are a logs and a dmpd file hope it helps to fix this

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/2XQTP1SOOE

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/94TTP1SOQ3K

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

DungeonDefenders2.exe has stopped working .....
it happens all the time when I play Onslaught or Chaos Trails.
After I exit a map  (completed it) and try to go the next map (load screen) all of a sudden the circle at the bottem right stops and the .exe crashes.
Yes I have a 32-Bit System and yes its not made for playing games in this kind of time but tbh I get the minimum system req. and only because I have a weaker Bit-System running I can play the game without this crash. Even Onslaught is a no go since u cant reenter a party which started the Map already same sometimes with Chaos.

@Tudiem Amanda quote:

Since the Ancient Prelude update came out, my laptop is crashing whenever I play co-op after a short amount of time.

Same here but well not my Laptop only the Game itself

I use to have this problem as well turned out to be my in game overlays.  I had a couple integration overlays (discord, nvidia, razer coretex) they all caused intermittent game crashes with DD2. I disabled all my in game overlays for DD2 and have not had the issue since.  I realize that isn't really an answer for all of you that use and like your in game overlays, but it seemed to do the trick for me... I fought this for awhile.... it wasn't really clear what was happening... I did a dump trace on the crash and found it was referencing some .dll files that were part of my overlays that is how I eventually figured out what it was. I couldn't tell whether it was steam crashing or the actual game but once I disabled all my overlays for DD2 the crashing stopped. Also I run a fairly beefy platform (64 bit windows 10 pro, 64GB RAM, dual GTX 980 kingpin classifieds, intel i7 5960x cpu) and I was still having the crashing so in my case I don't believe the crashing was resource related or related to not having the right system requirements.   

@Original_Cytek quote:

I use to have this problem as well turned out to be my in game overlays.  I had a couple integration overlays (discord, nvidia, razer coretex) they all caused intermittent game crashes with DD2. I disabled all my in game overlays for DD2 and have not had the issue since.  I realize that isn't really an answer for all of you that use and like your in game overlays, but it seemed to do the trick for me... I fought this for awhile.... it wasn't really clear what was happening... I did a dump trace on the crash and found it was referencing some .dll files that were part of my overlays that is how I eventually figured out what it was. I couldn't tell whether it was steam crashing or the actual game but once I disabled all my overlays for DD2 the crashing stopped. Also I run a fairly beefy platform (64 bit windows 10 pro, 64GB RAM, dual GTX 980 kingpin classifieds, intel i7 5960x cpu) and I was still having the crashing so in my case I don't believe the crashing was resource related or related to not having the right system requirements.   

hmmm ok gonna try that out losta  5.5k gold weapon cause of this today on onslaught the game decided to crash after I tried to move to my tavern and it denied my loot from the chest where I got that weapon. If I cant find a solution I might have to stop playing .