Sign in to follow this  
Ninja_Kero

Well, I was looking forward to it until I saw the 450

I was excited about the update, thinking they'd fix the slots issue, but instead it's being sold at an exorbitant price, when it's a part of actual game play.

It doesn't promote teamwork, it limits the players on a personal level. You can only bring in so many heroes at a time, so the limit doesn't matter, except for that player, who may want to start over as a melee squire, or have a dedicated waller, or ice maker, and so forth. Do you want to check out a progression feature introduced to heroes at level 1? Tough, only options are delete a hero or pay 450.

I'm pretty sure a key selling point in something is 'be moderately less annoyed with something'. If they feel the need to do it anyways just to play how they want, then it probably ought to be a natural part of the game. The people who can't afford it will just be unhappy with the game and having to change gear each time, or make do with less bag space to accommodate all the switching. But the player will, simply so they can. But it will be frustrating, and importantly, not fun for the player.

As with bags, most players should have plenty of spare space, and the rest is a unnecessary luxury.

As such, eight is the barest possible natural minimum, with at least two variants of a unit played per class. What's mortifying is that in the mail I got two extra slots, meaning some people will start with EVEN LESS than I have now :|I'd be far more comfortable with ten slots available.

We should in the least be getting a few slots purchasable with gold. This is ridiculous as it stands now.

In DD1, look at how many heroes people had per person. Really, if you can gather that data, you'll see what I mean. Even with friends you have options to pick through on how to help them. Having less slots means that when you come upon a pile of other people and decide to group with them, or if they're friends, you have less options to work with each group, not more. We had the exact same issue with the previous version, and I was hoping by now it would have been fixed, and not with asking for money. It's not a tower skin, nor a fancy outfit, or a replacement pet. It's an actual part of the game and falls under the purview of regular game play.

Not only that, many of us don't want to a little immersion and customization than that. Having a hero you name, can swap over immediately to, and be recognizable as 'the dps' at glance to yourself and others is extremely different from asking a group to 'please don't kick me, and wait, i need to swap orbs and gear to help'. And the person with 450 gems to burn has the easier time not upsetting 3 others, or panicking as they log in and have to swap over everything asap if the ticker has started, because everythings built or nothings built, or something fell and needs replacing. If it's that much of an experience difference, there's a problem if you think the solution is money. That's Farmville thinking :| If nightmare mode has the auto timer like in dd1, then you're creating even more of a drastic difference between players with cash and those who do not. Cash should be mainly cosmetic. That's what you promised before, right?

For some of you, an example you would understand would be... hmmm... if League only allowed two rune and mastery pages each. Anything past that is bought only with irl cash. That's what this case is.

Aye. As in creating heroes. So, for example, wanting to have a dps of each class and a builder of each class is impossible without paying gems. This is without even getting into splitting it into ability dps, crit tower, tower specific heroes, etc.