Sign in to follow this  
Exotic

Pet Rerolling eating all your items at once? Here's a temporary fix.

Say you X amount of pet rerolling items, but when you try it eats all of them instead of one?

Well, to fix this is actually simple. When you get a pet reroll item box drop, DO NOT  open them! Instead, open ONE and attempt your reroll. Was it not the one you wanted? Okay, open another box now and try it again. Rinse and repeat.

Yes, this does work. It's not as intended but it'll do for you advocates who take the time to read posts. More power to you!

I didn't think about this before, and with all the items I get I figured I just counted wrong, I was not aware this was a thing or an issue, Thanks for posting this and Ill make sure to pass this around until Trendy can fix it.

This doesn't work OP. I tried this out yesterday thinking it might but it ate my boxes too. The boxes it doesn't eat are of the opposite reroll type as it is apparently decided what a box will have in it before you open it, pre-spawned. There are two reroll types, attack and other attribute. One consumes all rerolls of that type including unopened boxes containing that reroll type. It is unfortunate, but use your rerolls the moment you find them if you can/need so that when you find more they don't go to waste.

@Xengre quote:

This doesn't work OP. I tried this out yesterday thinking it might but it ate my boxes too. The boxes it doesn't eat are of the opposite reroll type as it is apparently decided what a box will have in it before you open it, pre-spawned. There are two reroll types, attack and other attribute. One consumes all rerolls of that type including unopened boxes containing that reroll type. It is unfortunate, but use your rerolls the moment you find them if you can/need so that when you find more they don't go to waste.

This might be unique to you because I can confirm what OP is saying. I've been opening 1 box at a time since day 1 after it ate all my rerolls twice. I only open 1 at a time and I'm golden. None of my boxes ever disappear.

@Hendo quote:

@Xengre quote:

This might be unique to you because I can confirm what OP is saying. I've been opening 1 box at a time since day 1 after it ate all my rerolls twice. I only open 1 at a time and I'm golden. None of my boxes ever disappear.

Wouldn't suprise me if so... Are you guys sure the boxes you aren't opening are of the same reroll type and not of the other variant? (Remember that there are two types of pet reroll items). If it works on the same type I wonder what I am doing that causes it to not work. >.<

@Xengre quote:

@Hendo quote:

@Xengre quote:

-snip-

Wouldn't suprise me if so... Are you guys sure the boxes you aren't opening are of the same reroll type and not of the other variant? (Remember that there are two types of pet reroll items). If it works on the same type I wonder what I am doing that causes it to not work. >.<

Yea, I'm pretty sure that I have some of the same variant/type. I've rerolled with as much as 10 boxes in my inventory at 1 time and many of those boxes were duplicates and I never lost a one.

The only crappy thing about the workaround is when you open two of the same reroll items in a row, it's as good as lost.

For now I'm just opening all the boxes and waiting to actually use them until after they're fixed.

@Hendo quote:

@Xengre quote:

@Hendo quote:

@Xengre quote:

-snip-

Yea, I'm pretty sure that I have some of the same variant/type. I've rerolled with as much as 10 boxes in my inventory at 1 time and many of those boxes were duplicates and I never lost a one.

Another question. Does it actually GIVE you anything when you open the box? In my case the box DOES remain, however, upon opening it I get no reroll item if it was in my inventory when I used one (the item inside gets used premeptively).

@Xengre quote:

@Hendo quote:

@Xengre quote:

@Hendo quote:

@Xengre quote:

-snip-

-more snip-

-even more snipping-

Another question. Does it actually GIVE you anything when you open the box? In my case the box DOES remain, however, upon opening it I get no reroll item if it was in my inventory when I used one (the item inside gets used premeptively).

Yes. The boxes still give me items when I open them even having used a re-roll item before even opening them and being of the same type.