Sign in to follow this  
IDerKotnascher

FPS LOCKER ?

@IDerKotnascher quote:

I cant get more than 62/63 FPS with every settings. Thats bad because i have a 144hz Monitor. Is it my fault (my hardware)? 

Have you tried to disable vertical sync in the game?

I haven't tried nor do I care to try but it isn't an issue even if your monitor is of a higher refresh rate. It will cause no damage or negative effects it just wont be as "smooth" and even that is debatable. There may be a hard cap in the code. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The V-sync setting often doesn't apply properly. Have you tried restarting the game a couple times after disabling V-sync? :P

@IDerKotnascher quote:

yes

can you get more fps?

I dont know, haven't really closely monitored my fps in DD2, but well Vsync is supposed to cap to your monitor refresh rate, but since 95% of todays monitors are 60Hz, who knows maybe it just caps it at the 60fps

In the game files, there is a setting which caps the FPS in the game. I'll just give the link to the guide to disable it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394524957

I don't believe you can get over 63 FPS. I believe they have it locked at this rate to sync with the animations within the game. 

Then that begs to question, why does FPS drop during waves? Is it due to the quantity of the mobs spawning? If I don't have any problems with large amounts of NPCs in The Witcher 3, then I shouldn't have any problems here.

Since the game is still in development, it's probably just a feature they wish to maintain after every patch. Maybe messing with the FPS isn't such a great idea, after all it is a Tower defense game in its core.