@Kiraeyl quote:

@SGRock quote:

Just finished my 5th consecutive run on little horn, no special egg drops for our 2 man team.

@Kiraeyl quote:

Been trying to help others get their eggs for the most part of the day. Will continue to do so tonight. :) Seems that people I see getting them are getting them on little horn valley more so than nimbus, but it could be because maybe people prefer little horn valley? 

Hmm, I've been playing with a full group all those times though. Kind of wondering if a full group has more of a chance for it to drop than a smaller group? 

not sure if full group is any better because i've only been doing full group and i'm up to 20 runs 3 nimbus 17 Little-Horn with no luck, but out of all the runs I had a person get 2 eggs in the same run but no one else

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Naleen quote:

80 Runs, 1 on Endgame NM 1, no Egg. I have grouped with 30 different people they all got the egg. 1 guy had it 2 times in a round.

This just should not happen.  There's a difference between a fun challenge and ... pointless grinding.   I think for events like this they need to do something like:  for every round the player plays without getting the item add +10% drop chance, if the player gets the item drop chance is reduced to starting value.   That way after like 10 games they will get it no matter what.   If they want to make it more rare have 2 different color versions, make version A something u play 10 games max to get and version B 20 games max.  I play MWO and it has weekend events that require a max of about 50 games. Rewards in that are tiered to like 10 / 20 / 30 /40 / 50.  A MWO match usually only lasts 15 minutes.   MWO is pretty different from DD2 but I think their weekend event setup is good.  

Also .. the artists working on this game are awesome,  all the pets and characters look great.   I think with cool little rare pets like these it might be good to bring them back every 6 months and give people another chance to get them.  It's kinda a shame that only a few people get to have such a cool pet, I think they are hard enough to get  and 1 weekend is easy enough to miss out on that it wouldn't hurt to do it again sometime.  I mean if you had a pool of like 25 rare pets... that would give people about 2 chances per year to get a particular pet.  

I had another idea... instead of just giving people a reward,  you could change the maps on freeplay so that all monsters were chrome..  maybe that's not a great example but change something about the monsters ..  maybe make those maps only spawn bosses.  That way it'd be more like a unique event, I suppose that would require a lot more play testing to avoid bugs but it would probably be more fun for people.  Maybe a winter version of a map where the ground is changed to ice and everyone slides.

This pet is an evolution of another pet so don't worry, most people will have it soon enough once the Shellium Shard situation gets sorted. Flickerwick -> Bitterwick -> Madwick

Oh I my ipwr is now 461 My friends tried NM 2 and 3 to give me a hand. NM 4 is just stupidly hard. But I did find an egg but its not as what I expected. 

I went into my inventory the previous round to clear all the items and went in another match. That match no eggs dropped. So I restarted and I looked in my over flow accidentally and I saw an egg with 89 seconds before it was sold. The egg was the one I was looking for. But another issue arose I couldn't move it to any bags. So I had to reload the game and hope it was there. I managed to move it to a bag with 4 seconds left on its sell timer.

We sure this isnt bugged for people? I am getting totally pissed off atm.

I have been grinding the for 9 hours today and yesterday (no idea how many runs). still no egg.
Can we next time please have a quest like monthly. Something that guaranties the drop.

Also for people that have their bosses not drop any loot at all, dont die its a known bug that if your dead while the boss dies no loot is spawned.

Greetz
Aidanya

P.S. still no daily's for me

Since evolving is broken, I don't know where did he take this info from. Would make no sense to me if we have an event where the only thing we can get on the event is not exclusive.

@cometmarcher2468 quote:

oh is that how that works? i did notice the similar pets but i thought maybe they were all different, but it makes sense that they are  just evolved pets that are mythical and super rare. got the evolved green dragon then! 

i still want the ghost dragon

@dashgalaxy quote:

This pet is an evolution of another pet so don't worry, most people will have it soon enough once the Shellium Shard situation gets sorted. Flickerwick -> Bitterwick -> Madwick

Sufficiently irritated at this point. Ive done over 45 normal runs of little horn so far and no egg a single time. This is moronic. If i've put in this much time, give me tokens/items to trade in for the egg so that I am at least guaranteed 1 event egg if I put in X amount of time and RNG just takes a dump on me and says no.

they really need to avoid to do this sort of event, i'm for event, but for god sake... no more drop event, is soo unfair, i did a high number of run and got no egg at all, my friend did something like 10 runs and already did get 4....

i know some think that luck is fair.... is not fair, it was never. why not use the token system for the futur, you add event token that can only get while event and the item you can buy at the adventurer.

for example, you get 1+ token per run of the map, and the adventurer sell only for the limited period the item from the event, in this situation it give:

- you get token from little horn and nimbus (depending of the difficulty you will get more token)

-and the adventurer sell the egg as special loot for the week end.

like this is fair for everyone, not like this where some people have get it in less of 1-3 run while other reach increadible number without get one, worst the person that get multiple egg. like this the event will make sure people play together, all is needed it to make the price fair.

one of the advantage of this system, if a person can't play a lot while an event, but had tons of time at the previous he can still buy the actual event item since it's always the same token, event token. it will be userfriendly and more important will make sure people get what they deserve, not what the luck want to give them!

I've unfortunately reached a point where I've given up, I lost count of the times I've run the two levels but I finished my free play part of my Monthly Quest and got one character from 19 to 30 on Easy Free Mode runs, that's sufficient enough to say I'd rather level my characters and progress to end game things than mindlessly run the same level for a limited pet skin.

I sure hope in the future this type of event is tweaked like everyone is taking about because I can't dedicate entire weekends to the game just for a rare drop. For instance if they do something like this next weekend and my drop rates are this bad I won't even have a chance. Luckily this weekend was a free weekend for me and I still didn't get it. 

I've been running little horn valley for a while now.  I haven't even seen a regular egg; let alone a madwick egg.

i give up. After 40 runs on neraly each map this is ridicoules. 
Same with the game. I will wait a month and hope this game is playable again. Sorry but right now. For me it isn´t fun anymore. 
Tip: Next time give us a 100% dropchance of a token and let us farm 20 tokens instead of this..

@Shrek is Love quote:

i give up. After 40 runs on neraly each map this is ridicoules. 
Same with the game. I will wait a month and hope this game is playable again. Sorry but right now. For me it isn´t fun anymore. 
Tip: Next time give us a 100% dropchance of a token and let us farm 20 tokens instead of this..

100% ! wipe is 1 week old, am already on end game nightmare 4, game got so many bad aspects f.e. the downscaling I mean i got nightmare 4 gear but can barely solo any map on hard rly? 
And this Event yes I did like 30 runs from easy upto nightmare 2, no single egg just wasted my time and am about to quit this game and go to dd1. This event did really the opposite it should lel, players want to quit right now.

@Shrek is Love quote:

This exactly is what I posted for a little bit above. Im fine with RNG on every day gearing up... but for events, if someone is willing to put in the tiem to do a 100 token run or whatever, then they should be rewarded with at least 1 egg... meanwhile folks like you and I have done 50-100 runs  ... and gotten nothing to show for it except for irritation. (while others do 1 run and get the event item)

@Alabama quote:

@Shrek is Love quote:

This exactly is what I posted for a little bit above. Im fine with RNG on every day gearing up... but for events, if someone is willing to put in the tiem to do a 100 token run or whatever, then they should be rewarded witha t least 1 egg... meanwhile folks like you and I have done 50-100 runs... and gotten nothing to show for it except for irritation.

here here, I'm in the same situation -.-" the worst from the amount of runs is the amount of special mobs and orcs in each. It's never just one chance from one run, so makes it even more frustating...

Two days of this...

After 2 days of runs trying to get my own egg, and then trying to help others, on cast and off cast getting their eggs, I can say with complete conviction that there is absolutely NO preference, tricks, tips, percentage increases, etc. for attempting to get the egg on either map.

The only issue I have found, is that when a miniboss does not drop any loot on a map when defeated, that is a significant issue, and that information has been passed along.  

I wish I had better news....but it seems that forward not backward, upward not forward, and twirling ever twirling towards freedom is the only solution.  

Farmed easy difficulty for hours on end every day since event - nothing.

Decide to try normal, got it first try (on that difficulty.) I remember thinking to myself while farming: "What if RNG wants to seriously troll me, and it drops a regular creep egg." When the event egg dropped, I thought for a few solid seconds that my thought-up scenario actually happened.

Weekend RNG for a limited pet is really brutal, so kudos to those who have it, and a solemn salute for those who do not.

After around 30 dungeons, and 2 full bags of Mythic/legendary items I finally got my egg.

It took ages.

9/10 never again.

Finally i got one, it took me like the whole weekend playing all difficulties from free play easy to end game nightmare 4 and got it after a mate got his maybe 7th or 8th egg :p I'm really sorry for the people who didn't get that egg tho :xx