Boost Aura broken??

So I haven't played for a little while, so im not 100% on all of the nerfs/updates that have happened. However the boost aura seems to be completely useless after Wipeageddon when i came back. 

I have tested multiple times and here is what the results were:

Cannon Ball tower + Boost Aura

Base Atk Dmg = 918

Base Dmg bonus = 53%

Buffed Atk Dmg = 1003

That is +85 Atk Dmg... Not quite 53%; in fact it is right about 09.26% (not even worth the mana).

Not sure what kind of "balancing" was done or if it just an overlooked mistake, but without tower attack speed, and the boost tower being flawed, the monk is nothing but an air defense hero now. Not worth the time to level at all.

Boost Aura adds +Defense Power to affected Defenses by 10% of the Monk's DP stat. (If you have 100 Defense Power on your Monk, your Boost Aura will add +10 Defense Power to defenses.)

That's from the patch notes, so while it requires around 10 things in it to be effective it isn't the worst, hopefully they will fix the +% to boost aura special stat so it works then all shall be fine.

At the risk of sounding dumb, which patch was this? I could swear just yesterday my auras had a Dmg Bonus% on them, now it just says Bonus DP.

@cen42593 quote:

At the risk of sounding dumb, which patch was this? I could swear just yesterday my auras had a Dmg Bonus% on them, now it just says Bonus DP.

Yesterdays, but still not worth the DU. Check the bug section, there is a thread discussing this.

They changed the status panel for it in a hotfix yesterday. But yeah, 10% of DP added at base. At rank 5, it looks to be just about 11.5% of DP added. personally I feel it needs a bit more scaling, but it's still a useful aura for the damage protection, particularly if you use the barricade health large orb. Everyone is just pissy that it isn't OP as hell anymore, and dismiss it outright based purely on DPS values, completely ignoring any other utility. I've been using it in most of my builds to pretty good effect, even though it currently only adds about 80-95 DP.

Boost aura is probably one of the worst towers by far in the game atm. It was heavily nerfed compared to even non legacy boost auras pre-patch. It would take roughly 4k stats to get a similar effect as a rank 5 boost aura pre-patch non-legacy. Dmg Protection is weaker as well. Only the most clustered build would benefit from it and even then you would have to have reasonably decent DP to do so on the Monk.

That does sound rather underwhelming.  It used to be stupidly effective, but if this information is accurate, it seems that Trendy went from one extreme to another.  How much extra boost is available with item passives?  My standard build before the wipe was fairly clustered and I still usually only got 8-9 defenses under a single boost aura in most cases.  I'd put the boost at 18-20% DP at rank 5, including any reasonably obtainable boosts from items.  That would still offer a meaningful choice between a clustered build with boost aura and a spread-out build without one.