Sign in to follow this  
Dasky

Gear iPWR downscaling on free play

Okay, I just have to say something about this. I'm actually getting a bit stuck on free play, since every time I get better gear the stats just get reduced by the stage I'm on. I kinda understand it on public matches but I think it's just annoying in private matches, since it slows me down no matter how much better gear I have. No way to easily do even easy maps just because my stats get severely handicapped.

Has anyone else had problems with this? I think it's even worse now that towers got nerfed with tower speed removal and all the other stuff happened that buffed enemies.

Not sure how much it affects party play but I tend to play the game solo and honestly it's more or less a pain in the a$$.

(Don't get me wrong, good update. This just seems a bit weird to me, and is making my life difficult.)

I had this as well, 166 power amulet gets nerfed to 128 on normal freeplay liferoot ( might be a few points off, but you get the idea )

The weirdest thing is that it'll show worse items as upgrades as a result.

@Squishydew quote:

The weirdest thing is that it'll show worse items as upgrades as a result.

I forgot to mention this in the post but yes, that is kinda annoying.

I noticed this as well. It's a lame feature, one of the things that was fun to to in dd1 was to go in low maps and just destroy everything simply by looking at it. this feature should not exist, espescially since the progression is so broken right now.

I think the item power scaling needs some tweaks and on private there should not be power scaling at all or it needs to be toned down significantly

@lll_vrede_lll quote:

it's not a power degrade......it's a bug.

Restart the game and all is well.

Had this a few times yes, but after restart the stats were normal again.

I don't need to restart. It's fine in the tavern, but going into a level downgrades my gear to that level's iPWR. Can see it if I go into the forge while on a map.

@Dasky quote:

@lll_vrede_lll quote:

it's not a power degrade......it's a bug.

Restart the game and all is well.

Had this a few times yes, but after restart the stats were normal again.

I don't need to restart. It's fine in the tavern, but going into a level downgrades my gear to that level's iPWR. Can see it if I go into the forge while on a map.

I know what you mean.

The game is NOT supposed to downgrade you while in a map.

That's why you have to start the game over again to see if the downgrade is still active.

With me it works.