About Twitch squid skin

@Underlander quote:

I really can't understand why this is an issue. Sounds like a bunch of butthurt streamers-wannabe complaining because the codes were handed to someone else and not to them. I wanted the hat, so I stayed there for a few hours, joined some raffles, saw the guy playing some maps and decided to give the guy 5 bucks so I could get my hat and he could keep his work going on promoting the game.

Because it's shady and confusing. Raffling out some hat codes? That's fine. Blatantly also selling them? Not okay.

If we take a look at this guy's twitch and youtube, he barely had any viewers before the promotion. They were ranging from 30 ~ 100 on twitch at best and his youtube is basically generating nothing either. With Trendy's help, they made his channel get a heck lot more views that he monetized, which is the whole point of it. You get views from the exposure, they get sales from the exposure. Revsharing.

That wasn't enough apparently, so then he went on selling codes for $5 a piece.

I'm just an accountant and I have no idea of marketing, but I can tell you for a fact, that this guy made more money from his Twitch revenue + the sales of the codes, than Trendy actually gained in players that day.

For example, on my twitch channel, I get proposals such as keys for $50 products that I may hand out, a 20% share in revenue from their side, promotion on a platform that has 200k concurrent daily visitors.

Now, considering how much money I would make from revsharing at that point, why in the *** would I also start selling the promotional keys that are basically XXX's product? That's like biting the hand that feeds you.

Of course, it was Trendy's choice, perhaps he's a close friend to them and they wanted to help him out. In that case it would've helped to make it a bit more transparent, because as of right now, the sale thing seems completely unintentional from Trendy's point of view to me.

I am going to add a few more points that people seemed to have missed if they stayed and watched his stream all the way to the end.  How he chooses to hand them out is on him as a streamer, BUT the fact that he claims the number of codes he was given was rather limited to the point that he felt he could only give out 4-6 a week is wrong.  Even if this was only because it was hording them for his Sub, Trendy should have forseen this and gave him extra codes.  HIs tone and attitude toward people who felt wronged by how he was handling the skin was totally unacceptable.  He launches into a mocking tone belittling people.  Then we had to listen him go on and on how Trendy "totes" supports how he is doing this and told him to do anything he wants with them.  Giving anyone watching him the impression that this is how Trendy does business(REAL REAL bad idea).  Followed up with how he is doing this to "grow the community".  OK frist you dont grow a community by giving away skins to people that already own the game.  Also you dont help the community by having people watch your stream all day waiting for raffles when they could be playing the game.

@Underlander quote:

A lot of almost 10.

@Metaz quote:

I flat out refuse to support practices such as these, and as it seems a lot of people do as well.

Were you on that stream? Have you heard the person talk about it? There's a huge thread about this on steam community as well... There is a reason why people are not liking all this, maybe you should try questioning yourself instead of shoving sarcasm.

It seems like you don't entirely understand what are you talking about, I won't bother. Others have pretty much said it all, if you refuse to understand it, at least try to avoid mocking others, it doesn't make your point any more valid.

Feel like this is a symptom of allowing certain people to have titles or benefits from the general playerbase over other players in the general playerbase

Yes, I was there when he made the "Trendy said I can do what I want" speech. Concerning Steam forums, they always were  whining ground for most games, since everyone there wants everything for free in a pink wrapped gift box, so I couldn't care less about Steam Community. I see Steam as a necessary evil, and that's all.

Taco guy also said something around those lines: "I don't want you to sub only because of the hat. Eventually I will give codes to everyone who is watching, but I don't have enough codes for now. I'm sureTrendy will handle me more codes and everyone will have one. The sub is only necessary if you want the hat right now, I want people to sub to support me, not because of the hat. Just keep watching and you will have your hat sooner or later." I didn't want to wait, so I subbed. Maybe he will host other giveaways of other stuff. Maybe  not.

Also you never came to DD2 forums before. Your 1st post is a whine about who is giving away free stuff. Your second post was a whine about someone who didn't agree with your first whine. Half of the people whining in here are under 20 posts. You are still entitled to provide feedback, but you should try making constructive feedback concerning the game itself, not a raffle.

@Metaz quote:

@Underlander quote:

A lot of almost 10.

@Metaz quote:

I flat out refuse to support practices such as these, and as it seems a lot of people do as well.

Were you on that stream? Have you heard the person talk about it? There's a huge thread about this on steam community as well... There is a reason why people are not liking all this, maybe you should try questioning yourself instead of shoving sarcasm.

It seems like you don't entirely understand what are you talking about, I won't bother. Others have pretty much said it all, if you refuse to understand it, at least try to avoid mocking others, it doesn't make your point any more valid.

@Underlander quote:

Yes, I was there when he made the "Trendy said I can do what I want" speech. Concerning Steam forums, they always were  whining ground for most games, since everyone there wants everything for free in a pink wrapped gift box, so I couldn't care less about Steam Community. I see Steam as a necessary evil, and that's all.

Taco guy also said something around those lines: "I don't want you to sub only because of the hat. Eventually I will give codes to everyone who is watching, but I don't have enough codes for now. I'm sureTrendy will handle me more codes and everyone will have one. The sub is only necessary if you want the hat right now, I want people to sub to support me, not because of the hat. Just keep watching and you will have your hat sooner or later." I didn't want to wait, so I subbed. Maybe he will host other giveaways of other stuff. Maybe  not.

Also you never came to DD2 forums before. Your 1st post is a whine about who is giving away free stuff. Your second post was a whine about someone who didn't agree with your first whine. Half of the people whining in here are under 20 posts. You are still entitled to provide feedback, but you should try making constructive feedback concerning the game itself, not a raffle.

@Metaz quote:

@Underlander quote:

A lot of almost 10.

@Metaz quote:

Apparently amount of posts determines your opinions validity regarding an issue... Wow... 

As I don't see steam as a necessary evil, I'm active mostly there and not here.

Also, look, it's obvious you are unable to make an argument, not everyone can do it, I believe it's something that needs to be learned. I'll help you out with several tips on how to provide a meaningful opinion that other people will take seriously, and that it won't flat out fall under the category of childish trolling (as you seem to be concerned with providing feedback), look at this any way you want, this will be my last post in response to you so if you wish to go on with your lack of sense and blunt insults, keep that to yourself :)

First of all, when you wish to dispute someone's point, try to not get personal, it gets you nowhere and derails the discussion to a level of insults.

Generalizing (ie: "everyone who is whining has under 20 posts trolololo") is irrelevant to the discussion, you might want to rely on something more concrete. The amount of posts is irrelevant, so once you're addressing an irrelevant point, you are yet again derailing the subject to a level of insults.

You've bought the accessory from him, which is fine, but that does not make it a valid practice in the eyes of most (people in this thread, and steam), learn to criticize your own actions, do that before you criticize others, it makes your argument stronger and contributes to the discussion. Being biased is ok, most people are, but for the sake of argument, question your own actions :)

Providing quotes is good, but if they support your claims... The quote you provided only makes it look a lot worse for you. He claims he does NOT want you to sub for the item, yet his actions contradict his words as he rewards you for subbing, with the item... This is not playing in your favor.

Hope I helped :)

I believe your post breaks a bunch of the forum rules, but since you took the time to post a wall of crap, lets see what we have.

1- Ammount of posts does not determines opinions validity, but have 3 posts and all of them whines... well, tells a lot about what kind of person is posting it.

2- Socrates used that sort of dialethics before Christ, so if you think it is a new strategy, I'm sorry to inform you it is not. So lets jump the "I will teach you what I don't know" part of your post, specially because I believe it breaks forum rules and I don't want to make the same mistake.

3- Saying someone has few posts is an insult to you? Well, then whining about a cosmetic item given away for free starts to maake sense.

4- I didn't buy the item from him, I decided to support his work by subbing his channel AND got an item for free, which I could also get from raffle.

5- "Most others" is what? 10-20 people? In a game with 5k players?

If you are still playing this game within 2 months from launch, I will give you the hat for free if I get an extra code and if you behave.

Gratz on your 3rd post.

@Metaz quote:Apparently amount of posts determines your opinions validity regarding an issue... Wow... 

Also, look, it's obvious you are unable to make an argument, not everyone can do it, I believe it's something that needs to be learned. I'll help you out with several tips on how to provide a meaningful opinion that other people will take seriously, and that it won't flat out fall under the category of childish trolling (as you seem to be concerned with providing feedback), look at this any way you want, this will be my last post in response to you so if you wish to go on with your lack of sense and blunt insults, keep that to yourself :)

First of all, when you wish to dispute someone's point, try to not get personal, it gets you nowhere and derails the discussion to a level of insults.

Generalizing (ie: "everyone who is whining has under 20 posts trolololo") is irrelevant to the discussion, you might want to rely on something more concrete. The amount of posts is irrelevant, so once you're addressing an irrelevant point, you are yet again derailing the subject to a level of insults.

You've bought the accessory from him, which is fine, but that does not make it a valid practice in the eyes of most (people in this thread, and steam), learn to criticize your own actions, do that before you criticize others, it makes your argument stronger and contributes to the discussion. Being biased is ok, most people are, but for the sake of argument, question your own actions :)

Providing quotes is good, but if they support your claims... The quote you provided only makes it look a lot worse for you. He claims he does NOT want you to sub for the item, yet his actions contradict his words as he rewards you for subbing, with the item... This is not playing in your favor.

@Underlander quote:

I believe your post breaks a bunch of the forum rules, but since you took the time to post a wall of crap, lets see what we have.

1- Ammount of posts does not determines opinions validity, but have 3 posts and all of them whines... well, tells a lot about what kind of person is posting it.

2- Socrates used that sort of dialethics before Christ, so if you think it is a new strategy, I'm sorry to inform you it is not. So lets jump the "I will teach you what I don't know" part of your post, specially because I believe it breaks forum rules and I don't want to make the same mistake.

3- Saying someone has few posts is an insult to you? Well, then whining about a cosmetic item given away for free starts to maake sense.

4- I didn't buy the item from him, I decided to support his work by subbing his channel AND got an item for free, which I could also get from raffle.

5- "Most others" is what? 10-20 people? In a game with 5k players?

If you are still playing this game within 2 months from launch, I will give you the hat for free if I get an extra code and if you behave.

Gratz on your 3rd post.

@Metaz quote:Apparently amount of posts determines your opinions validity regarding an issue... Wow... 

I believe your cursing is also breaking rules cuz you are offending with that intention.

There's no whining about not getting a free cosmetic item, it's a feedback about how we feel when people disliked his work and his behaviour about something supposed to be a "giveaway". GIVE, not pay to take it.

So, if I pay rent and the money is used to make the place better, am I not paying for it? Yes, I am. It wasnt free, you paid for it.

And not 20 ppl. Most players dont come to forums, and many rely only on steam forums. 10-20 in a day topic from a specific range is kinda enough.

Well, my feedback is in place. Leaving this topic now before I get drowned in tears. I personally prefer being able to get on sub than what Caster's Guild is doing (one per day). But I promise I won't whine about it.