Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Pets 2.0 (Loot & Survive)

Pets 2.0. Expect more from your awesome, scary and cute companions!

• Added pet tiers!  Unlock new tiers by evolving your pet.

• Hatchlings

• Each pet begins its life as a hatchling. Never, ever shake a hatchling.

• Fledgling

• What? Hatchling is evolving! Your beautiful pet gains increased stats and an active ability when evolving to a Fledgling.

• Veteran

• Veteran pets gain increased stats and, where appropriate, a visual evolution.

• Visual evolution is only available on Token and premium pets.

• Elder

• The current maximum evolution for pets. Elder pets have the maximum stats available.

• Also, pets at this stage will call you only when they need something and will blame all of their problems on you.

• Added Pet Rarities.  

• The base stats of a pet are determined by its Rarity.

• There are four pet rarities:  Powerful, Epic, Mythical and Legendary. Each pet has a set rarity, except for premium pets which can spawn at any rarity.

• When transforming an egg to a premium egg, it will roll at the same rarity with the same stats as it would have with a standard egg, only this time your pet will look dope.

• Added new evolution reagents and containers.

• Evolution Containers can be collected from Victory Chests and in Onslaught mode.

• Open containers to collect evolution reagents.

• Each pet has a specific evolution recipe and specific required evolution reagents.

• Max out your pet’s Power and Affection Levels to evolve your pet to the next tier.

• When pets rot, they are now transformed into a unique material that you can use to evolve your pets! Pet cannibalization complete. You win Twitch.

• Added new Pet Reroll Items.

• Reroll Containers can be collected from Victory Chests, enemy kills, and in Onslaught mode.

• Reroll items are consumed on the Reroll menu to replace one pet stat or ability with another.

• Added new premium pets!

• Get Katkarot, Shinobi Kitty and Table Flip Demon by collecting a Gato or Creeper egg and transforming them into a premium egg! These premium pets will roll at the same rarity with the same stats as it would have with a standard egg, only this time your pet will look dope.

• For those of you asking for premium pets to be more powerful than normal pets… um… just no.

• Added new monthly pet rewards starting with Thunder-O! You can find him on your Missions screen.

• Monthly pet rewards have a unique ability and guaranteed rarity.

• Abilities for monthly pets grow in power as they evolve.

• Changed Feed to Powerup for clarity.

• Players powerup their pets by feeding them pet food and buying base pet food.

• Powering up your pet increases its stats. Premium and Standard pets both powerup the same way. (Even though Katkarot should require way more food.)

• Added help strings to the Hatchery (where players turn eggs into pets) and Stable (where players equip, power up, evolve, and reroll pets). Sometimes we do want to help.

• New Pet Abilities

• Added 25 new pet abilities! These abilities are unlocked when you evolve your pet into a Fledgling. Activate these abilities using the default X keybind.

• Some abilities are unique to their species (Creeper, Dragon, Gato)

• There is an elemental ability pool in which all pets can also pull from.

• Exciting new abilities such as the following:

• Curse Aura: Boost your speed and curse enemies while you are near them.

• Blizzard: Summon a blizzard that slows enemies while dealing damage.

• Fire Pillar: Create a pillar of fire that deals fire damage to every enemy it touches.

• The rest of the abilities you will need to discover for yourself!

How do you feel about these changes?

I'd like to see a different and earlier approach for pets. Players should be introduced to pets at around level 10, definitely not 20 because of how grindy the game feels. 

It could be a dynamic and random approach, for example - a pet egg drops and once a player picks it up, a dialogue would pop up saying "You found a pet egg! You should go to the pet breeder to find out what to do with it." 

I don't have enough data to provide a complete feedback on pets, since they take a while to hatch, but I really DISLIKED the way premium pets work, Paying USD 2.50 for a random quality pet sucks. I got 2 premium, but if the system stays as it is now, I won't be getting a 3rd, since it seems VERY costly to get premium pets in legendary rarity.

Possible solutions:

1) To know exactly (or almost) what rarity we will get from the egg before hatching. The eggs themselves could have a rarity, so hatching a Legendary egg would have 100% chance of a legendary pet, a Mythical Egg 80% chance of hatching a Mythical pet and 20% of a Legendary pet and so on. If that happened, I would try to collect 100% of the pets in game in legendary form. Would certainly premium all or almost all my Legendary eggs.

2) Be able to "switch" rarities between pets. Place 2 pets in the blender. Pet #1 is upgraded to pet's #2 rarity. Pet #2 vanishes.

3) Be able to upgrade a pet rarity. You get a (crappy) powerful pet. Use "epic" reagent to upgrade it to epic. Mythical reagent upgrade an epic pet to Mythical. Well, you got it. If you wish you could add a XP/feed bar to this to make it harder. Should work for any pet, even non-premium. 

Bottom line is: we need to have a way to make ANY premium pet a legendary one. I'm not paying $2.50 for a low tier premium pet. Would pay $5-10 for each max tier pet, but certainly not gambling for skins as it is. Please: I'm not proposing a p2w solution. Only want a way to a) premium after knowing its rarity; or b) being able to upgrade pets rarity.

Great improvement.

Somehow it is a bit of a pity I have to wait until I get my first pet... on the other hand: If you haven't played DD2 before you won't miss it. AND it is totally logical to rescue those two kids before they can give me a hand wit hmy pets.

When I wanna hatch my incubated eggs I ALWAYS go to the egg and try to interact with it until I realize I have to talk to the stable boy. I am the only onewith this problem? ^^

I see it as an issue that the upgraded gato egg is not counted as gato egg anymore:

While I had the daily quest to hatch 2 gato eggs I decided to give it a try and invested some gems to make my gato egg a premium egg. After the katkarrot egg has been hatched I realized it did not count toward the daily quest. This can be seem as a punishment for using gems. Please don't delete the 'gato' status after upgrading the egg as premium.

It is just hard for me totell if the upgrad is cheap or expensive because I currently have no idea how much money the gems are worth.

I think it would be nice to buy (for ingame gold or maybe as quest reward) some kind of dectecto rwhich could be used by one of those two kids to tell me what kind oftier my pet has before I hatch them. This would be a great help and also be suitable to the game's lore.

What I loved is the rotten timer on the katkarrot egg has disappeared. So I guess the premium eggs cannot rot, can they? I just want to make sure this is intended and not a visibility bug.

Reroll: I only get themessage that I miss the necessary ingredients but I have no ideawhere I can find a receipt(?) or which ingredients I need. This needs either further explanation or a tutorial, please.

Feed: At the stable boy I see the food I can buy but have empty space where my owned food is. Please add a button to unwrap existing food packs. I think this is abit confusing because some people think the food package is already the ready food.

Actually I LOVE the idea to unpack it. ...I just think this requires too much thinking. ;-)

evolve: From the UI it looks to me as if I only need 5 shellium shards and 7 vial of frights and a bit of affection to evolve. Is this right? Because at first I thought I had to bring the power level up as well.

I somehow understand thei dea behind upgrading the eggs before hatching them: We should see it as some kind of gambling. From my feeling it is similar to opening crates at TF2 or Dirty Bomb or opening treasure balls at Super MNC. Although I have not tried to re-roll pet stats I think those who are frustrated by getting a bad premium pet can still try to re-roll the stats. This might be some kind of comfort.

It would be really cool if it was possible to get rare fertilizer drops which could be used to speed up pet hatching.

I just rerolled my pet's base attack damage and it consumed my entire stack of the reroll item.

What [[30589,users]] said and for the love of god stack everything that is the same, rotten eggs, food, packaged food, upgrade material, packaged materials, reroll items, packaged reroll items etc Its getting ridiculous.

Max stack size needs to be increased past 9 its pretty stingy

Shellium shards are currently unobtainable as far as I can tell so it's impossible to evolve any pet.

Please stop items jumping around in the inventory it's hard enough keeping track of what we have. The pet reroll screen could use some indicators to show how many reroll items we have too.

Make premium pets always roll at the highest rarity or provide a way to upgrade them. I can see this being a pay to win dilemma with high tier pets rewarding more stats but I think in this case it's acceptable. We don't pay for rng with hero skins why are we doing so for pet ones?

I may have read the npc dialog wrong some where while leveling up but I swear it said your only supposed to be able to reroll one stat per pet. You can roll them all as many times as you like however and on top of that you can get duplicate stats, my CatHatter has Defense Power: 52 twice.

Not sure whether intended or not but the Top Cat model has a floating head looks like a model error.

A few bugs and couple of issues but other than that I'm loving the new pet models, looking forward to testing out abilities and playing with stats when everything is functional.

@Yuwee quote:

Make premium pets always roll at the highest rarity or provide a way to upgrade them. I can see this being a pay to win dilemma with high tier pets rewarding more stats but I think in this case it's acceptable. We don't pay for rng with hero skins why are we doing so for pet ones?

Yess, we need this. Atleast a way to uprgrade them as stated by trendy that they dont want this to be a p2w situation but there is nothing worse than using your gems and getting a powerful katkarot, shinobi, or table flipper. If you could just make it Mythic or legendary at the least.

i dont like the new pet RARITY system, in the last patch i could choose anny pet i wanted for the fun of it,

in this patch pets have set rarity it can hatch in to, so if i want to do it good i need to get a legendary one.

Why cant each egg  hatch have a chance to roll legendary on any of the pet available? what if i want a legendary flickerwick? or any of the other pets that only roll powerful?.

you removed visual tiers from pets under evolving..

The last patch had pet freedome. this one have not. why in anny way do i want to use the new mythic madwick when i got a legendary dragon?. its just so sad that the freedome is removed. or acualy i could use them. but at a heavy stats penalty.

thanks for you time, please like this poste if you agree.

In regards to YukiMa's post, I hatched a Legendary Shinobi Cat but was taken aback by how it was significantly weaker than not only my two Mythic pets (Imphernal and Magicat) but even a Rare (blue?) one (Whodu I think).

So I hatched another one thinking maybe bugged, and I got a green Shinobi Cat that was substantially worse.

As well, someone's cat pet (blue one, tier under Magicat) was substantially outdamaging my Mythic with an absurd .4s attack rate and a spread of projectiles. The pet balance is more than just a little bit off..

Rarities: I can tell no difference between Epic, Powerful or Mythical pet besides visuals. They all get same, very random, stats.

Maybe that will make more  sense if evolutions are fixed, but for now all this elaborate pet system feels pointless.

With the current system of premium pet skins, I would not buy a single one of them because I feel it's a waste of gems since you have no idea whether the premium pet will be usable or not. I would buy premium skins if it was like an unlock for your account. Same idea as skins for heroes; you buy them once with gems, and they're yours forever. I think a lot more people would buy premium pet skins if they bought the premium pet skins, and at the egg menu choose what skin they  could choose whether or not to apply a premium skin. If the eggs turns out to be a pet with bad stats, no loss. Just hatch another egg untill you get the skin + stats you want.

@Donaga quote:

With the current system of premium pet skins, I would not buy a single one of them because I feel it's a waste of gems since you have no idea whether the premium pet will be usable or not. I would buy premium skins if it was like an unlock for your account. Same idea as skins for heroes; you buy them once with gems, and they're yours forever. I think a lot more people would buy premium pet skins if they bought the premium pet skins, and at the egg menu choose what skin they  could choose whether or not to apply a premium skin. If the eggs turns out to be a pet with bad stats, no loss. Just hatch another egg untill you get the skin + stats you want.

That's not a bad idea. The skins would probably be more expensive upfront, but I think most people would still be happier with them.

i finally got my legendary pet. spent loads of gold on feeding it to a power level of 10/10 and playing it till the affection level reached 10/10 as well. then i started collecting reagents for evolving the pet. when i finally found out i had to let my eggs rot for the reagent i collected my eggs and waited 48 hours for them to rot. all together i spent about 3 to 5 days on this.

now this wouldn't be a problem if it would actually evolve. im aware of the fact that some pets dont visually evolve so thats not my problem. my problem is that the stats remain the same and its still a hatchling. 

is anybody experiencing the same problem and does anyone have a way to solve this?

@pepijn.k quote:

now this wouldn't be a problem if it would actually evolve. im aware of the fact that some pets dont visually evolve so thats not my problem. my problem is that the stats remain the same and its still a hatchling. 

is anybody experiencing the same problem and does anyone have a way to solve this?

When you evolve a pet you have to unequip it and put it back on, that will update the tooltip so it changes to fledgling. The stats wont increase until you further increase affection with the pet i.e progress towards 25/25.

The pet reroll option is complete crap, especially for monthly/unique pets.

The same stat cannot be doubled so why can we get the same empowerment stat twice??

The randomness is really pissing me off right now, got the new sword pet trying to make it for a hero dps

but after 9 empower reroll and near 100k wasted I STILL cannot get the hero damage on the pet, but instead I get the SAME hero HP + tower HP options 3 times in a row.

Yea ok random stuff for regular pets, since you can have lots of em but for the unique pets this system is utter BS.

One thing that i still see as a problem and that is Pet Rarity. correct me if i am wrong, Legendary = Highest Pet Stats Value Range. Randome Number Example : Blue roll 1-10 Legendart Rolls 1-15, therefore legendary will always be better. ( at end rolls)

i love the old system. all pets was green and everyone had equal chance to roll good stats (as far as i know). now i will always go for legendary pet, but i dont rly like how they look. i want a Pixiebell, they are the coolest! in my personal opinion". if i alredy have a legendary on all 4 heroes, there is never a chance i will choose anything els nomatter how cool they are (unless i do it to spite developers), because stats come first. if only we could have both? Legendary and the Looks. here is 2 examples that could help fix it .

A: All pets in the eggs are randomized. every pet can roll in any quality. Example: 2 situation of a Creeper Egg

Egg 1: Flickerwick Legendary / Voodu Purple / Imphamy Green / Pixibell Blue

Egg 2: Flickerwick Blue / Voodu Green / Imphamy Purple / Pixibell Legendary

B: Have all pets Start as Green and with every Pet Evolution improves the quality up to max of Legendary.

and to fix the "drop" rate of legendary you put it in Stat Value.

Randome Numbers Example: Legendary Hatch chance is 10% and best stat value roll chance of that legendary is 10%,

With the new system. a fully Evolved FlickerWick that is Legendary have pet Damage Stat Range of 100-1000 when you re roll, it has a 5% chance of getting that 1000 pet dmg roll. fixing the missing Legendary Hatch Chance, moving it to stats value instead. my math is most likely off, but you get the point.

In the End: these are simple ideas, and i know many people might not care about pet apperances, but i do, so this is a bit personal to me, but everyone is allowed to disagree :D

i want the best of Both Worlds: Legendary pet stats and the pet visual look i want. this is my ideas and my thoughts about the subject, thanks for reading!.

The high chance of getting a green rarity pet is extremely aggravating. blue rarity should be almost as common but as it is there are simply too many green rarity pets coming out of eggs in my opinion. There should be egg rarities that have higher chances to get rarer pet tiers. I do not believe that the higher chances should be huge, but certainly at least enough to where it takes half as many eggs to get the pet tier you want if you are using an egg of the same tier.

i've had no problems what so ever with stat re-rolling besides the unequip - equip for the stat update.
Now, my real question here is, can we re-roll the pets abilities we get when they evolve?  is there or is it going to be an item to be able to do that?.
If not, would be nice that the developers consider creating that, since its a waste that you get a pet, rerol stats, waste tons of time to get energy and charisma to evolve it and get a skill you might not like or might not be good or usefull for use. In my case, i've just evolved my pet, and the skill i got is one that gives me mana, which i dont really need nor find that much usefull, yes! im an apprentice, but i built slow/tower, so i dont really need that much mana.