Questions from a DD1 Veteran new to DD2

Is there any detailed hero guides or game guides or build guides or reviews of the various heroes out there? I would love to read all that info!

I'm a long time DD1 player and supporter of Trendy just recently got the Collectors edition of DD2.

1. My question is about which hero you guys think I should rush to max lvl now? I know virtually nothing about this game and how it is at end game but I would love some feedback as to which hero to focus on as to maximize my account power and progress. 
  2. That said, is there going to be another wipe? Most of the stuff I read said that "probably no more wipe but you never know." I Id rather just wait for a time when there is no more wipe coming.

Thanks for any help

if you want to solo, focus on squire and aprentice for now.  mind the resistance lanes and counter them. use tavern shops to rack up gear faster while transitioning maps

a) squires walls are best walls in game 

b) his cannon towers are really strong, you need them against magic resistant lanes

@Chaosprodigy quote:

Is there any detailed hero guides or game guides or build guides or reviews of the various heroes out there? I would love to read all that info!

I'm a long time DD1 player and supporter of Trendy just recently got the Collectors edition of DD2.

1. My question is about which hero you guys think I should rush to max lvl now? I know virtually nothing about this game and how it is at end game but I would love some feedback as to which hero to focus on as to maximize my account power and progress. 
  2. That said, is there going to be another wipe? Most of the stuff I read said that "probably no more wipe but you never know." I Id rather just wait for a time when there is no more wipe coming.

Thanks for any help

You posted your opinion of this game over 600 times on this forum without having played it?

This is why this game is always so backwards!

I started a huntress after the wipe, just for kicks.  I plan to try to level her to 50 before starting any alts.  So far it's going well, but she's only level 17 and still playing through the campaign (I haven't had terribly much time to play).

Squire and apprentice are indeed the easiest classes due to having walls to stop enemies with.  I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of traps and auras and their lack of stopping power from DD1.

As for future wipes, the only way to be sure is to wait until full release.  I gather it's still at least half a year off.  For now you should play with the mindset that you're helping Trendy develop the game, not making permanent progress.

@Chaosprodigy quote:

They did mention more heroes will come out, i'm hoping thats soon :)

On yesterday's dev stream they mentioned new heroes will come after the game has been officially released because there is a lot of other stuff that needs to be fixed before they introduce new heroes.

Thanks a lot for supporting Trendy (again ^^) by buying DD2 instead of waiting. I don't think there will be another wipe but I have no insight into Trendy's work so this is just my guessing. They try to avoid wipes but of course they don't want to promise anything they don't know for sure.

If you are not sure if you wanna play without being guaranteed there is no wipe, it may really be better to wait. ...or you just play and participate the events. For example this weekend is the first DD2 Event. Maybe you can play the 2 maps on easy so you get the pet too.

Odd that they celebrate the first event ever with a non top tier egg heh, just my 2 cents but this first event should be Swag Legendary we can show off a year from now and nobody else has, but since its not then it will just get replaced by any random Legendary egg we find.