Pet Rarity Determined When Egg Drops

A major issue with the current system now that pets have rarities is the fact that re-roll items do not affect rarity.  Premium pets are entirely a gamble hoping that you can spend the money on a pet that is going to roll with a decent rarity since you're spending money.  The likelihood of that currently is terribly small.  Re-roll items, while beneficial, will not affect the overall quality of a premium pet.  Essentially, if I buy a premium upgrade on an egg, hatch the egg, and it hatches with a low rarity then I am out of luck.

I propose that pet rarity is determined when the egg is dropped rather than when the egg is hatched.  This way those who do want to spend money on a nice premium pet can guarantee that they are getting a legendary because that was already determined.

Currently, I don't plan on buying any premium pet skins until something like this is implemented or an option to re-roll pet quality as well.

In summary:

Current System:

• Pet rarity determined on pet hatching
  • Unable to easily determine if your premium pet purchase will be worthwhile

New System:

• Pet rarity determined on egg drop
  • Able to easily see what eggs are worthwhile
  • Easily determine if an egg is worthy of a premium upgrade, and therefore, investment of money

what are you talking about, rarity is fixed for the pet type.

wait nevermind, has a chance to hatch up to legendary version of above

Bad idea. Defeat the entire purpose of the system. It's a gamble right now and eliminating the mystery by telling you the rarity really narrows down the possibilities and essentially will turn the non-mythical and non-legendary eggs into trash. Why bother? The whole point is you don't know and you have to wait and keep plugging them in. The hatching system is designed to keep people logging in regularly, I'm sure. Not sure how it'll work in a month when everyone has every base pet type.

@dashgalaxy quote:

Bad idea. Defeat the entire purpose of the system. It's a gamble right now and eliminating the mystery by telling you the rarity really narrows down the possibilities and essentially will turn the non-mythical and non-legendary eggs into trash. Why bother? The whole point is you don't know and you have to wait and keep plugging them in. The hatching system is designed to keep people logging in regularly, I'm sure. Not sure how it'll work in a month when everyone has every base pet type.

I do agree with those points.  An element of mystery is eliminated when pet eggs drop with a specific rarity.  What other loot follows that process though?  Premium Pets are the main reason I brought up the points I did, otherwise I am fine with the system.  I do enjoy the premium skins, but won't waste money when 90% of the time they will be a terrible quality.

I guess another possible fix would be a farmable item that can be created that will increase the chance of getting a rarer pet, but even that is pushing the system and doesn't quite fix the issue.  As far as Premium Pets, what other way would you solve the problems facing them?

What is the difference between a legandary premium pet and a non legendary premium pet?

Does it change the look in of the skin? Does legendary have the possibility to have highter stats, even after reroll? I am confused

You click transform to the right side of the window after selecting your egg. Confirming the purchase and the Premium pet type, you can now incubate the 'Premium egg' and hatch yourself a premium pet.

i spent 750 gem on 3 pet already and all of them came out as powerful....complete trash. You cant reroll their teir lvl so it just sit in the bag forever. The higher teir pet have better base stats so it more desirable. You should reroll stats before u give them affection though because if reroll mid way. The new stats wont get the bonus level up of the previous affections.

The problem is that the premium pet skins are $2.50 and you can get a powerful, I wouldn't want to actually spend real money on an egg that isn't going to be a decent rarity. The other side of the problem is that the premium skins can go to legendary but the normal gato and creeper eggs only go to mythic. The premium skins should be mythic or legendary given that you have to pay for them. Maybe this gives a small advantage but you'd still have to reroll stats or hatch multiple pets to get your perfect combo on one. 

8 hours and $2.50 is way too much to spend on the possibility of a trash pet. For example I spend the crystals to upgrade a gato egg to a Katkarot egg. 8hours later it hatched into the single worst pet I own, its dps is a third of all my other pets 54 dps to a minimum of 180 dps, and the bonus stats are slightly lower. 

I'd be ok with this system if I could scrap the pet for the 250 crystals back after it hatched. Another way to do this, is since those are special eggs, assign a rarity to them when purchased, kinda like that Madwick egg that only hatches as a mythic. Then if the egg isn't going to be a good rarity you can spend like 100-500 gold and get rid of the egg to get your crystals back from the stable boys. 

Outside of the premium pets the rarity system is fine being random until hatch. Now the hatch time though, that needs to be like 3 hours instead of 8...

I am really sad with this decision. The skins are looking awesome and I was about to buy some of the pet skins. Now I am hearing that the  rarity affects the stats, I am not going to buy a premium egg until they changed the system.  I understand you don't want have pay2win but now they  let us gamble ( with real money) to get a descent pet with the rarity we want. This just looks like money grabbing and I think and  hope it is unintentional.

The few solutions I can come up with are:

When you transform a egg in a premium egg it will be the highest rarity. The downside is that it is a little bit pay2win but you still can get legendary eggs the normal way. Besides the premium eggs are not stronger then the regular eggs. at least we are not wasting real money on crappy pets.

let us apply the skin to our pets just the way we can apply customs to our characters. I don't know if it is possible and if it would make sense.On the other hand some of the costumes also doesn't make sense :P

Let us transform the pet instead of the egg. So we know what the pet is we are transforming then it is our own choice if we choose to transform a crappy pet.