@SorakaPlz quote:

@Loki Grants quote:

Still its way weaker than before. We had endgame like 40~50% boost. That was good.

Just no, 50% is too much, it is too good that you will need a monk if you want to do late game contents. Some defense need to be replaceable, sadly boost aura wit 50% is not replaceable, nothing else can help defense do so much more dps. It is so op that it is like the tank or healer class of traditional mmo, you can't do any group/dungeon run without it... this type of design is just bad and outdated.

It is not good design if there is some utility only obtainable by a single class. You either make everyone equally strong, or you make everyone equally weak. This is the way of balance.

If, monk has something as strong as that, huntress should have an aura/device that increase defense attack rate by 50%, Squire get like 20% critical chance, and mage get like 50% critical damage.

I would rather have the boost aura be a amulet skill like in DDE, where everyone can equip and spend blue mana to use if they want to boost their defense, making defense focused character a bit more useful during a wave. Still a DPS focused character would be stronger, given the same amulet, because of the mana regen items, their actual DPS, etc. Also make it a bit easier for players to concentrate on a single character instead of needing a both a builder and a dps, one for building phrase, and the other for during the wave, at least this should be how it is before 50.

From the changes on resistance, they already made your need in an app and squire. I'm saying that boost aura should be something useful, otherwize its like serenity aura. Huntress traps are good for AoE aid, and huntress herself still is the best DPS in my opinion. Monk is useless now. I'm not saying to get back to 40~50% boosts, I'm saying to boost it enough to be good to use in most cases, cuz in the DD2 we barely use lanes so close for it to work good enough. And DDE was an attempt to make the game better compared to DD1. DD1 boost was a line that would strength anything in it, here we have a aura that quickly drains and is boosting less than enough to make up for its DU.

Any which way the boost aura stats still need to be fixed.  If the aura says it increases DP by 44, but when I place a defense within range it only reports a +13 to DP then it's just confusing.  I don't care how they work the math, so long as it makes sense when I inspect a boosted tower.  I'd rather not have to get my slide rule out when I'm in the middle of a build.

50% was too much; as long as you had two damaging defenses kind of close together, it was more beneficial to build a boost aura than another damaging defense.  Which meant that practically every build could benefit from boost auras.  10% is a bit low though, as it raises the amount of boosted defenses needed to 10.  Even clustered builds have trouble reaching that high.  I'd put the boost percentage somewhere around 18-20.

i am fine with the 10% nerv even with the conversion of flat +damage% in additional +dPower%, but i don'T understand why amuletts, rings etc. with +% won't work at the moment hope its a bugs...

...because then we would have up to +30% additional Dpower which would be significant and still not to OP factor, but at the moment boost is really not usefull at all and the affix of items with +%Boost doesn't work at all :(

50% is too much 10% is not enough,  I seriously feel 20-25% is the range where it can be viable yet not overpowered.

@Agronic quote:

50% is too much 10% is not enough,  I seriously feel 20-25% is the range where it can be viable yet not overpowered.

Especally when there are items with +%Boost in the game that don'T affect the aura at all :D

• 3 weeks later...

The %10 isn't a ton of damage added to defenses but it can be useful still. If it boosts the damage enough that it takes one less cannon to kill an enemy over time, then that cannon can hit something else instead. Also it seems like no one is giving it credit for it's second job - damage protection on your blockades and other clustered defenses from kobalds and other aoe attacks I.E. ogres. It just takes more stratagy now than just setting it everywhere you have defenses for flat DPS bonuses. This tower got me through hard difficulty solo while leveling my second hero {monk}. It would be nice if the Empower stat worked as intended but dont underestimate the usefulness of this tower. I enjoy the stratagy element involved with it. Although a little more power would be nice - even just up to 15% from 10% is a +50% bonus damage given from the boost aura.

@dragongasher quote:

The %10 isn't a ton of damage added to defenses but it can be useful still. If it boosts the damage enough that it takes one less cannon to kill an enemy over time, then that cannon can hit something else instead. Also it seems like no one is giving it credit for it's second job - damage protection on your blockades and other clustered defenses from kobalds and other aoe attacks I.E. ogres. It just takes more stratagy now than just setting it everywhere you have defenses for flat DPS bonuses. This tower got me through hard difficulty solo while leveling my second hero {monk}. It would be nice if the Empower stat worked as intended but dont underestimate the usefulness of this tower. I enjoy the stratagy element involved with it. Although a little more power would be nice - even just up to 15% from 10% is a +50% bonus damage given from the boost aura.

It's more like half a cannon less.  Meanwhile the boost aura costs more DU than a cannonball tower, so you'll have less damage going to the enemies.  On a ballpark estimate you'll lose 10-15% DPS in a typical choke point.  Some special cases like Liferoot Forest middle line (letting Quab be destroyed) might just be able to break even.

There is the damage protection, yes.  With the boost blockade sphere it can mean up to 50% more toughness for blockades.  On the surface this outweighs the dps reduction, but then the enemies will be hitting your barricades for a longer time so you'll have to spend more mana on repairs.  I'm not sure if I like that prospect.

Previously boost aura was a bit silly with the dps boost exceeding 50% with good gear.  It was worth building one at any location where two defenses were in a sort of close proximity.  Now you really have to try to cram all your defenses into the same spot to get a dps advantage out of it.  I'd say the right balance is somewhere between these extremes.

well it was 45% before.... mind you dont remember it needed any gear to get that.. You just needed the monk that could build an aura and bam.First lvl was always 25% and went up 5% from there.  The idea to use the Monks DP i think is in the right direction..  What would be nice is on upgrade it grabs more of the monks dp. 10, 15,20,25,30  Wont be Huge increases but at least make it worthwhile.

@tdb quote:

@dragongasher quote:

It's more like half a cannon less.  Meanwhile the boost aura costs more DU than a cannonball tower, so you'll have less damage going to the enemies.  On a ballpark estimate you'll lose 10-15% DPS in a typical choke point.  Some special cases like Liferoot Forest middle line (letting Quab be destroyed) might just be able to break even.

There is the damage protection, yes.  With the boost blockade sphere it can mean up to 50% more toughness for blockades.  On the surface this outweighs the dps reduction, but then the enemies will be hitting your barricades for a longer time so you'll have to spend more mana on repairs.  I'm not sure if I like that prospect.

Previously boost aura was a bit silly with the dps boost exceeding 50% with good gear.  It was worth building one at any location where two defenses were in a sort of close proximity.  Now you really have to try to cram all your defenses into the same spot to get a dps advantage out of it.  I'd say the right balance is somewhere between these extremes.

What I mean is if it takes 12 cannons to kill an enemy like warboar or orc and the boost makes it only take 11, then that 1 cannon can hit something else almost like having the boost aura fire an extra cannon so if used right it can give more damage than the bonus directly says. Therefore, if used strategically it can already exceed the low amount of damage that it gives. Although I feel like this bonus should also apply to bonus damage from crits. it would give a little more background damage without raising the initial damage bonus and encourage more builds involving defense crit. 

The amount of extra time they are hitting your barricade for the lack of a single turret {Especially ones with no aoe like cannons} comes no where near the amount reduced by the time they already spend hitting them unless you are over level for the encounter in which case it doesn't really matter. I found that it costs me less to repair and easier to manage especially in solo que because it also gives you longer to get from one location to another - at least that's my personal experience.

Yea, the boosts were really over powered especially with the legacy gear - I had my boosters to over %100 bonus damage literally giving me the damage of every tower inside the aura again for 4 DU ON TOP of the damage reduction. I do feel like the damage boost is too low and would like to see at least a small buff. I am just trying to point out some subtle power that this aura gives to help people understand its potential despite its under powered damage bonus.

@dragongasher quote:

What I mean is if it takes 12 cannons to kill an enemy like warboar or orc and the boost makes it only take 11, then that 1 cannon can hit something else almost like having the boost aura fire an extra cannon so if used right it can give more damage than the bonus directly says. Therefore, if used strategically it can already exceed the low amount of damage that it gives. Although I feel like this bonus should also apply to bonus damage from crits. it would give a little more background damage without raising the initial damage bonus and encourage more builds involving defense crit.

Sure, but there aren't many maps where you can fit 12 cannons under a single boost aura.  Most maps hover around 250 DU per choke point.  A few can get over 300 if you combine lanes, although in most cases that means sacrificing secondary cores.  Usually you also want to spend some DU on  walls, and maybe some traps or auras to kill ranged enemies.  It has to be a very specific situation for boost aura to provide a full tower's worth of extra damage.

I did realize one thing about the damage reduction though.  Repair costs are based on the percentage of health repaired, not the absolute amount.  So even if the wall takes 20% more damage in absolute terms, the fact that it has 50% more health would mean that the repair cost is actually less.  I'll have to try it at some point.