There appears to either be a bug with the Boost Aura.

1) I picked up an item that says, "Empower - Boost Aura defense power boost is increased by 18%". This effect does not appear to increase the Boost Aura in any fashion. I have tested it by checking the boost aura while the item is equipped and again while it was not equipped. I did the same with a secondary turret down to see if the boost just wasn't showing. There was no noticeable difference.

2) Boost Aura is being increased by the Defense Power stat. That may be intended, so it's probably not a bug but thought it worth including. 

Hi [[33403,users]], 

The Boost Aura is additive with Defense Power, this is functioning as intended. As for the item not empowering the Boost Aura, have you written up a bug report for us? It would be extremely helpful, especially if you included a screenshot. 

Thank you for the feedback!

[[64025,users]] I did write a bug report and I can include screenshots. I didn't at the time since I was in a hurry, but I'll go back and snap a few... for science! Then I'll submit another one.

I don't see a way to edit my last post. I have submitted a second report with pictures! I can post a link to the Imgur album here if desired.

The biggest issue with that aura is that it doesn't give correct amount of boost .. instead of what it says in tool tip having 40%+ dmg increase he gives about 10-12% ..

the dmg bonus is said to be 67%, the dmg prot is 10%. What's being boosted is 10%. Can someone explain me what the other 67% means then? and the gloves is giving the bonus to the dmg bonus, which doesnt do anything :D

I´m positively never ever getting a pre-game again. You get tired of it before release....

@SorakaPlz quote:

It could be that it is increasing the DP of the affected unit by XX, instead of the XX%...

Act, no. If you try doing it yourself, its the 10% of the prot, doesnt matter the dmg bonus.

I never actually realized that, but you are absolutely correct. The boost percent does not sync up with the damage increase. 

Example

• Base damage of my Cannonball Tower is 892. With the Boost Aura that is said to increase bonus damage by 57%, it goes up to 985. That's about a 10.5% increase. 
  • Compare that to the base Aura, without extra power, that gives 38%. When put on the same Cannonball Tower that has 892 damage, it put it up to 6.838565%. 

Upon further inspection, it's boosting by a constant number. What I mean by that is, the damage percent boosted is not determined by the power of the tower it is boosting. It's calculating it based off the Monk's power, but I can't figure out to what ratio.

Example- 

• Base damage of the Cannonball Tower is 694 (434 base Defense Power, no items). It is being boosted for 61 damage from a 38% Boost Aura (386 base Defense Power, no items). 
  • Base damage of the Cannonball Tower is 892 (558 total Defense Power, with items). It is being boosted for 61 damage from a 38% Boost Aura (386 base Defense Power, no items). 

I'm going to poke some more into this, but that's my findings so far.

TL;DR

• It appears the Boost Aura is not boosting by the correct amount. The number it is boosting by is somehow being determined based off the Monk's Defense Power skill combined with some other unknown element.

Can we have some more clarification on this pls . I can verify as well since i've been playing my monk nonstop that the aura doesn't give the % boost it is showing i've also sent a bug report .

@iamisom quote:

Bug Fixes

• Revised the Boost Aura inspect defense spec tooltip to show + Defense Power and not + % Damage.

• Fixed an issue in the Loot & Survive patch notes where we forgot to mention the changes to the Boost Aura!

• Boost Aura adds +Defense Power to affected Defenses by 10% of the Monk's DP stat. (If you have 100 Defense Power on your Monk, your Boost Aura will add +10 Defense Power to defenses.)

I was right all along.

10% is simply too ridiculously low, it was too strong before this patch but now it's just useless in almost any situation. At least make it 20% but preferably even 25% depending on tests. 

It's pretty simple, with 10% you will need 10+ buildings for it to be useful at all... that is ridiculous. 

My boost aura is still unaffected by the empower passive.  Also, my aura now tells me that it increases DP by 44, but when I look at my boosted defenses it's more like 21.

Is Defense Power scaling Linear or will the Boost aura get worse when our Gear progresses  ( has Defense Power a diminishing return)?

@rlglinski3 quote:

My boost aura is still unaffected by the empower passive.  Also, my aura now tells me that it increases DP by 44, but when I look at my boosted defenses it's more like 21.

ugh

Some defense get more than 1:1 for DMG, some get less.

Guys! GUYS!!!

What if you have a full DP monk,  with full DP item upgrades, and full DP spec.

You will have a character with the highest DP, but not the highest DPS since you lack both defense critical. Your aura can practically buff more than 10% DPS of another character with similar item power, who spec into defense critical.

@SorakaPlz quote:

@rlglinski3 quote:

ugh

Some defense get more than 1:1 for DMG, some get less.

Guys! GUYS!!!

What if you have a full DP monk,  with full DP item upgrades, and full DP spec.

You will have a character with the highest DP, but not the highest DPS since you lack both defense critical. Your aura can practically buff more than 10% DPS of another character with similar item power, who spec into defense critical.

I have no idea what you just said or what point you were trying to make...

What SorakaPlz was saying, I believe, is how the Boost Aura works. It's designed, from my understanding, to scale off the monk's Defense Power. If you had a monk who stacked nothing but high Defense Power items, opposed to a more balanced build for DPS, you'd have a monk whose 10% is worth more than 10%. 

Example

• If two characters are equal in Defense Power then the boost aura will only be worth 10% more Defense Power toward the tower. 
  • If two characters have different Defense Power, lets say 500 for one and 700 for the monk, The tower is being buffed by the 10% of the 700 from the monk and not 10% of the 500 from the builder so, in that example, it's boosting for more than 10%. Still not a lot though. 

That's not taking into account that is appears different defenses have different ratios since different defenses scale different to the amount of Defense Power you have. Still seems low. If Defense Power is equal you'd need to buff approximately 10x 4DU items to make it break even. More for 3DU and less for above 4DU. 

Still its way weaker than before. We had endgame like 40~50% boost. That was good.

Now lets see, even with items, I get around the same Defense Power as the one building the defences. If the DPS matches their current DP, then I boost 10%.

So, let's imagine a squire in most of the game levels. We barely put stuff that close, cuz lanes are far. So lets say we have 5 basic turrets defending one lane. They all cost 30. I use 40 to put up that boost. What is better? Putting another basic turret or maintaining the boost, which will also drain, and the upgrades are not being good at all? Another turret, for sure.

Even at 10 turrets being boosted, or maybe even 15. If the basic Damage from the turret (not DPS) is bigger than the boost you are giving to all or even close to that, I'm sure it will be better another turret + upgrades then maintaining the aura that will start draining even faster with that many defences.

The aura should have 25~30% of Monks Damage, I think, plus the upgrades should be good not THAT bad. Spheres and helmet with radius increase are better than upgrading it even once. And the relics that give an extra "%" to those boost auras are not working at all.

Would be nice to know that Trendy is at least reading what we think about it instead of deciding to do a patch today for preparing to do an event when one of the classes is almost useless if not by AA, and so many bugs, like quest daily glitches and all.

the relics that give an extra "%" to those boost auras are not working at all

Right. Until this is fixed it's impossible to tell if Boost Aura is going to be balanced or not.

@Warmonger quote:

the relics that give an extra "%" to those boost auras are not working at all

Right. Until this is fixed it's impossible to tell if Boost Aura is going to be balanced or not.

Actually, it is. Following how Trendy did things, if it gives a flat value, it will make the item worst or better at some point, but will lock the class into needing it in order to make it viable. Which means, you may be stuck with a iPWR 30 relic trying to grind your way through but never seeing another with that aura boost for a while to switch and thus, being unable to move much further.

Secondly, if they fix as %,  the amount of 10% is already bad, if it increases by 19%, as for example mine from iPWR 60:

if I have 1k Defense Power, it's boosting 100. 19% of 100 is 19, so, 119. Not that much better, it would get down to almost 12%. That does not fix the issue. And still falls into the category of needing an item to be balanced. Still wrong, it should be balanced WITHOUT the need of more itens.

@Loki Grants quote:

Still its way weaker than before. We had endgame like 40~50% boost. That was good.

Just no, 50% is too much, it is too good that you will need a monk if you want to do late game contents. Some defense need to be replaceable, sadly boost aura wit 50% is not replaceable, nothing else can help defense do so much more dps. It is so op that it is like the tank or healer class of traditional mmo, you can't do any group/dungeon run without it... this type of design is just bad and outdated.

It is not good design if there is some utility only obtainable by a single class. You either make everyone equally strong, or you make everyone equally weak. This is the way of balance.

If, monk has something as strong as that, huntress should have an aura/device that increase defense attack rate by 50%, Squire get like 20% critical chance, and mage get like 50% critical damage.

I would rather have the boost aura be a amulet skill like in DDE, where everyone can equip and spend blue mana to use if they want to boost their defense, making defense focused character a bit more useful during a wave. Still a DPS focused character would be stronger, given the same amulet, because of the mana regen items, their actual DPS, etc. Also make it a bit easier for players to concentrate on a single character instead of needing a both a builder and a dps, one for building phrase, and the other for during the wave, at least this should be how it is before 50.