Sign in to follow this  
Cavespider

Give us back Defense Speed

Atm there is zero reason to use any spheres other than the tower speed ones, i would prefer having the tower speed spheres be removed completely and just give all towers a native speed increase and/or give tower speed a chance to show up on gloves or weapons. Same goes with tower range, there isn't much of a choice when it comes to both of these for tower builds for the small and medium sphere slots since they are as far as i know the only way to get these stats which results in everyone using pretty much the same sphere setup making the choice pointless.

I am fine with these stats not being a basic stat that can be on everything but them being only available on spheres removes all choice when it comes to the sphere system which is the only real thing to make your character "unique" but you are not unique when everyone uses the exact same spheres because they are so much better than the rest.

But then again i guess my whole issue with it would be fixed when the other spheres get buffed and/or changed to be worth using.

when they removed DS didn't they say its because they want to open up room for more strategies or whatever ?

well? anyone got any new strategy i can use? cuz i sure as hell can't find any...

oh well...back to spamming cannonball towers

@Finaldeath quote:

Atm there is zero reason to use any spheres other than the tower speed ones, i would prefer having the tower speed spheres be removed completely and just give all towers a native speed increase and/or give tower speed a chance to show up on gloves or weapons. Same goes with tower range, there isn't much of a choice when it comes to both of these for tower builds for the small and medium sphere slots since they are as far as i know the only way to get these stats which results in everyone using pretty much the same sphere setup making the choice pointless.

I am fine with these stats not being a basic stat that can be on everything but them being only available on spheres removes all choice when it comes to the sphere system which is the only real thing to make your character "unique" but you are not unique when everyone uses the exact same spheres because they are so much better than the rest.

But then again i guess my whole issue with it would be fixed when the other spheres get buffed and/or changed to be worth using.

If you had watched the devstream last friday, you would have known they were talking about adding such strategies like having a passive that temporarily increases your tower speed for high amount for a few seconds. Such builds and setups are in progress and so we have to wait and do with what we have for the moment.

Also, I think power spheres are as reasonable as the tower speed ones. It just depends on where you need it for. Do you need burst damage or high speed to trigger a combo. Its up to the people to decide in the end.

Tower range stats are also slightly displayed on several items. For several headpieces you can see for example Aura radius or for other different towers they have explosion radius et cetera.

But yeah, they are not finished with spheres yet. It will take some time because obviously there are more things that need fixing

@Finaldeath quote:

I find the best combination of small spheres for me currently is DS VII + VI together with DP VII.  This may change in the future as I get more powerful items.  On the other hand, I might also experiment with putting more DP in spheres for even higher burst damage from geyser.

Similarly, traps have such a small radius that the range spheres don't provide an appreciable increase.  I'm currently using defense critical and cooldown reduction.

@quinzds quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

If you had watched the devstream last friday, you would have known they were talking about adding such strategies like having a passive that temporarily increases your tower speed for high amount for a few seconds. Such builds and setups are in progress and so we have to wait and do with what we have for the moment.

Also, I think power spheres are as reasonable as the tower speed ones. It just depends on where you need it for. Do you need burst damage or high speed to trigger a combo. Its up to the people to decide in the end.

Tower range stats are also slightly displayed on several items. For several headpieces you can see for example Aura radius or for other different towers they have explosion radius et cetera.

But yeah, they are not finished with spheres yet. It will take some time because obviously there are more things that need fixing

Aura and trap radius are the only range ones i have seen which imo are useless since their base range is so small to begin with the small percentage hardly makes a difference, i on the other hand have never seen a single item that increased range for squire and app towers.

But i do watch the dev streams (albeit usually a week after they come out when i get around to watching them) but they bring up doing something about spheres pretty much every stream but still nothing has been done about them other than bringing in more bugs with them.

@Finaldeath quote:

@quinzds quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

Aura and trap radius are the only range ones i have seen which imo are useless since their base range is so small to begin with the small percentage hardly makes a difference, i on the other hand have never seen a single item that increased range for squire and app towers.

But i do watch the dev streams (albeit usually a week after they come out when i get around to watching them) but they bring up doing something about spheres pretty much every stream but still nothing has been done about them other than bringing in more bugs with them.

There's a mod for helmets called Vector Correction, which increases the range of projectile towers.

@Kyrn quote:

There's a mod for helmets called Vector Correction, which increases the range of projectile towers.

Then i must have terrible luck then because i haven't seen that stat at all.

@Finaldeath quote:

@Kyrn quote:

Then i must have terrible luck then because i haven't seen that stat at all.

i geuss, i dont even have a lvl 50 yet, and i got at least one item with projectile range, maybe 2 not sure

Also if i remember right, i think they said that defence speed will be possible as a special stat similar to tower range etc too, though i haven't got any ingame myself with it

Yeah, it is rare. Also speaking of rare, it seems that some people are getting defense speed gear. Granted with such small bonuses it's practically negligible, (in fact, so negligible it sometimes shows up as 0), but at least they're working to it!

@Kyrn quote:

Yeah, it is rare. Also speaking of rare, it seems that some people are getting defense speed gear. Granted with such small bonuses it's practically negligible, (in fact, so negligible it sometimes shows up as 0), but at least they're working to it!

its a bug, defense speed is as of this moment their no plans of being put back into the game as a primary stat

@Cavespider quote:

@Kyrn quote:

its a bug, defense speed is as of this moment their no plans of being put back into the game as a primary stat

Yeah probably. But I'm still expecting defense speed to appear as a mod/secondary stat eventually, like how range is. Their system also clearly shows that they can have defense speed changes on tower levelling, though oddly it only occurs on uber towers, and that in most cases it actually reduces the defense speed. (as if flamethrower isn't deceptively slow enough. :V)

@Kyrn quote:

@Cavespider quote:

@Kyrn quote:

Yeah probably. But I'm still expecting defense speed to appear as a mod/secondary stat eventually, like how range is. Their system also clearly shows that they can have defense speed changes on tower levelling, though oddly it only occurs on uber towers, and that in most cases it actually reduces the defense speed. (as if flamethrower isn't deceptively slow enough. :V)

yea flamethrower needs a damage buff/range buff I feel to really be worth it. Just my op

@chaos8 quote:

when they removed DS didn't they say its because they want to open up room for more strategies or whatever ?

well? anyone got any new strategy i can use? cuz i sure as hell can't find any...

Earthshatter sphere (throw up mobs in the air) + AA.

Freeze sphere + monk smash, squire smash or mage tornado to one shot mobs and flying too.

Monk barricade boost sphere and a waller, you actually don't boost up towers but mostly walls +25%HP, +10% less damage to defenses at T1 on those hard to defend camps.

Water melee weapon + LA and taser armor, mobs will never move from that spot.

Squire Fight me not sphere + heal aura near towers, just keep taunting, towers got +135% attack power.

Watch where those annoying Javelins, mages and drakins usually stop to use range on your towers, build LA, traps or geysers on that spot to deal with them.  Again without boost aura we can build anywhere.

Different type dedicated ppl, example one mage with freeze sphere and another mage with the earthshatter sphere should one shot a lot of mobs at long range.

Or 2 squires, 1 waller and the other one with crazy DP.

Different tower placement, try new spots you never know you might fight someplace that looks stupid at first but is actually amazing.   I seen a lot of new builds lately since people are not using boost anymore.

There's a couple of new spheres, try em out you might find something totally unexpected that works really well.   

I just wanted to +1 the OP.  I want Defense Speed (and Range) back.

The game seems to have devolved into a "get carried for gear and build a cookie cutter defense and endlessly run the same map" game.

Quit looking for the easy way? I know experiences will differ with players all the time, but the core group I play with has to use different builds all the time. Especially when switching between game modes. Also for more of the haters out there, our core defenses are from monk/huntress combination. Just had an onslaught run where a blaze balloon did 26 million dmg. Geysers were over 18 mil and front auras were running 24 mil too. Defenses just have to be utilized correctly. Many strategies/builds out there. No need for the DS stat.

@Mahdi quote:

Quit looking for the easy way? I know experiences will differ with players all the time, but the core group I play with has to use different builds all the time. Especially when switching between game modes. Also for more of the haters out there, our core defenses are from monk/huntress combination. Just had an onslaught run where a blaze balloon did 26 million dmg. Geysers were over 18 mil and front auras were running 24 mil too. Defenses just have to be utilized correctly. Many strategies/builds out there. No need for the DS stat.

Squire walls (obviously
2-3 LSA's
x2 blaze balloons
x2 geysers

Boost

loads of explosive traps

Frost towers
Serenity heal auras

1 tank squire
1 tower huntress
1 tower monk

And the rounds were a BLAST. Over 100 hours since patch drop played and they have completely turned the game around for the better.

@Some random guy quote:

@chaos8 quote:

Freeze sphere + monk smash, squire smash or mage tornado to one shot mobs and flying too.

Monk barricade boost sphere and a waller, you actually don't boost up towers but mostly walls +25%HP, +10% less damage to defenses at T1 on those hard to defend camps.

Squire Fight me not sphere + heal aura near towers, just keep taunting, towers got +135% attack power.

Watch where those annoying Javelins, mages and drakins usually stop to use range on your towers, build LA, traps or geysers on that spot to deal with them.  Again without boost aura we can build anywhere.

Different type dedicated ppl, example one mage with freeze sphere and another mage with the earthshatter sphere should one shot a lot of mobs at long range.

Different tower placement, try new spots you never know you might fight someplace that looks stupid at first but is actually amazing.   I seen a lot of new builds lately since people are not using boost anymore.

There's a couple of new spheres, try em out you might find something totally unexpected that works really well.   

Earthshatter Sphere + AA: WOO YEAH! A 15% chance for AA to get to shoot ground units. Yay.

Please Trendy!

There's some serious visual scaling deficiencies.  It's killing the fun.

And the whole crit stat is basically a glorified DP stat... The only time i can tell i crit from a non-crit is on training dummies.  It's basically a background stat sheet goal, and that's it.

@Tyroki quote:

@Some random guy quote:

@chaos8 quote:

Earthshatter Sphere + AA: WOO YEAH! A 15% chance for AA to get to shoot ground units. Yay.

well replace the earthshatter with a geyser then? though im pretty sure the earthshatter in its own does more dmg (when mbos dont get knocked up) (and can cover more ground) than a geyser trap, so yeah.

Could also have 2 apprentices, one with earthsatter to knock up, and one with freeze on frostbite, and the fall dmg would trigger the shatter combo. or again one apprentice with freeze sphere and geyser traps

@xempt333 quote:

Geyser traps definitely do more. They actually do quite a bit of damage, slow recharge, but a good nuke.

they certainly do more dmg per HIT, but im talking more about the damage per SECOND, where i do think eartshatter wins out, but i might be wrong ofc

I read through a lot of pages. Usually, I would say "bring back Tower Speed!!!!!". I do agree, but not for items.

Instead of bringing it back to item stats, I would prefer to have skill points to use: 2 per level, 100 overall (or 3 per level and 150 overall).

So, in addition to the stat points you get automatically per level up, you could invest two points per level for a few special stats.

For example: Tower range, tower speed, mana reg, life reg ...

+1 to tower range - increases the range of your towers by 0.25% (with 100 points a possible maximum of 25%),

+1 to tower speed - increases speed of your towers by 0.25%

I like this option. More diversity. What do you guys think?