No stats on corrupted welp?

The damage on my welp is nice, and I love the model,  but it has no hero stats. Is this intentional? 

@AngryToad quote:

Maybe the welp was just for aesthetics?

well it kinda, but then it should have the same amount of stats as any other pet, otherwise, noone will be using it...

@GummiBear quote:

@AngryToad quote:

Maybe the welp was just for aesthetics?

well it kinda, but then it should have the same amount of stats as any other pet, otherwise, noone will be using it...

This. Mine has zero empower stats making it instantly inferior to the guaranteed post Betsy pet. This means not only is a earned wipeageddon reward not better than normal pets but it is immensely inferior...

@Pachipachio quote:

I was told it gets empowered stats when you evolve it

i WOULD tell you if this is true, but currently for some reason i cannot even evolve it. I have maxed it out 10/10 for both affection and power, it has an "evolve" button saying you need 10k coins, i got that aswell! but the button is grayed out. Ive reported it in the bug section of the forums. take a look here

@AJsLoneDog quote:

@Pachipachio quote:

I was told it gets empowered stats when you evolve it

i WOULD tell you if this is true, but currently for some reason i cannot even evolve it. I have maxed it out 10/10 for both affection and power, it has an "evolve" button saying you need 10k coins, i got that aswell! but the button is grayed out. Ive reported it in the bug section of the forums. take a look here

This is something I'm also very curious about. I like the pet but is is so useless after getting another one.