Sign in to follow this  
raymundomanofdoo

Rendering thread exception: Fatal Error

So i have continued to try play the game even with constant crashes happening. It seems that any projectile that isn't the basic auto attack (monk right click, archer cluster bombs, etc) will cause a rendering thread exception crash, along with certain mobs. It's hard for me to tell what mobs these are, but I will crash 2 or 3 times on any given map mostly when one of the mini bosses comes out. I'm trying to do all I can to help you figure this out Trendy, if there is any more information on your end, or anything I can do, besides submit a bug report which I have already done, please tell me.

Just got done trying to open all the ports to see if that worked, and sadly the issue still isn't resolved. If anyone could give me some insight as to which ports exactly would need to be opened, that would be helpful. I'm running out of ideas and suggestions. I just want my game to work like any game should.

Win 7 32 bit, crashing only when in tavern for 2-3min or when trying to start a solo or quick play map or after I complete mission it just crashes while trying to join the tavern. Something in tavern seriously fails to render on my side :/ Not a clue if that might help, already sent a bug report stating that.

After playing some more through a *** ton of crashes, I have found that any of the skeleton monster models will also give me a rendering thread exception crash. This includes the big skeleton mini boss and the skeletons that get summoned by the necromancer mini boss and necromancer regular mob. Still hoping to hear more from the dev team about this issue and when we can expect a fix. 

I see a lot of u guys are having rendering thread exception when going into the tavern any idle when this is going to be fixed im using WIN 7 32 bit as well if anyone knows how to fix this that be cool but i cant play bass the  tutorial PPPPLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZ HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@legaia52 quote:

I see a lot of u guys are having rendering thread exception when going into the tavern any idle when this is going to be fixed im using WIN 7 32 bit as well if anyone knows how to fix this that be cool but i cant play bass the  tutorial PPPPLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZ HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi :)

Thanks for using the forum search function, however the last reply was from August 2015.

Sorry you are having issues with the game.

Trendy is currently trying out a fix for 32-bit OS.

See this post for more info.

Fatal error!GetOutermost() Address = 0x7043b6 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x127e04c (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x127f0e6 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetOutermost() Address = 0x703743 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetOutermost() Address = 0x7049d7 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetOutermost() Address = 0x60343b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetOutermost() Address = 0x6042b9 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetOutermost() Address = 0x6045b5 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x12a6813 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x129ead7 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x129ed0e (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0x129ee1a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]TootleOptimizeVertexMemory() Address = 0x135f85c (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\Binaries\Win32\DunDefGame.exe]BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x74693744 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNEL32.DLL]RtlSetCurrentTransaction() Address = 0x7745a064 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]RtlSetCurrentTransaction() Address = 0x7745a02f (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]RtlSetCurrentTransaction() Address = 0x7745a02f (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

I DONT KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANSSSS!!!

Reboot your PC more often, it is good practice to shutdown the PC at the end of each day. Looks like stale memory maps due to hibernating not restarting.

To answer your recent question in a thread that you necroed, this is players helping players not Support.

If you wish to log a ticket do so using the online form at the address in the URL in the sticky thread.

Trendy can't fix peoples bad habits.

Please Help me!!! :) :) 

I launch the Game and throw it out for 2 minutes:
rendering thread exception

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500710424739