Sign in to follow this  
raymundomanofdoo

Rendering thread exception: Fatal Error

I can't get past the intro tutorial mission because of this error. The game runs for about five minutes and then this happens. I tried verifying the game cache and that did not help. If someone could please help me. I have had nothing but issues with this game since i bought it and it is getting very frustrating, but i love it so much i don't want to hate it. 

Ran the game in compatibility mode and was able to get past the intro tutorial at least, but the game still crashes after about 10-15 minutes with a rendering exception error again. Would really love some help with this please.

I tried playing DD2 on my laptop and it works perfectly fine, I played for like 2 hours but I don't know why it won't work on my desktop because of this error

I can't believe there still hasn't been any word from a dev or moderator or anything. It's a bit ridiculous and it's the same thing that happened last time I tried to get help when my game didn't work. I know you guys are busy, but i see posts in the forums from staff and to not have a single comment about this issue is frustrating.

Bumping cause I need a fix for this too :)

Mods and Devs will be busy they are flat out as it is :P Im amazed they found time to even to reply to some posts with the amount of bug reports im seeing.

Edit: Also is your computer older and running vista?? Cause my freind (who gets this exact message) does :P

So after doing some testing it seems that the error only occurs when there is a right click ability involved. I am going to test it some more, but so far if I don't right click it seems to work. The problem is nobody in the game can right click either. If anybody in my current game uses the right click ability it will crash me. Hope that helps narrow things down if some staff ever does see this, and hopefully that helps you others out there having the problem. Feel free to test it yourself and see what you come up with. Please post your results here if you do.

So I saw that there was a hotfix and got pretty excited. I read the patch notes however and got much less excited. I then tried to test it out myself, and sadly, still getting the rendering thread exception error with using the right click ability. Would really like to know something.

Game crashes for most people but under different conditions, I'm crashing after I try to join social tavern second time after mission. Last 3 campaign missions are constantly crashing forcing me to wait for a friend to bypass going to tavern and joining the mission. This is the only way I can finish some missions exception is Throne Room, I can't progress from there I'm just stuck with endless crashes.

Yeah, I still crash no matter what, but if I don't use the right click ability it isn't a rendering thread exception anymore it's just a fatal error, which is interesting. Either way I would love to hear from a staff member about this.

Here is the error i have. Its a little bit differet that CHAaaarbok has.

6KN5D5NpMuM.jpg

http://cs627324.vk.me/v627324405/a5b5/6KN5D5NpMuM.jpg

It happends for me just while im playing no metter what im doing this moment.

Loot and Survive uptade made tavern and few maps seriously unstable, I tried manualy disable a lot of effects in the ini file, lights and such. It works but only for additional 5-10fps sadly. It would be awesome if dev team could make like a lite build for low end pcs that struggle to play the game as a temporary solution.

Hi Defenders, 

I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding to this thread, as well as any inconvenience or frustration this bug may have caused any of you. 

This is currently a known issue for us, one that our QA team is trying to reproduce internally. There are currently a couple of known causes:

• Running DD2 on a 32bit version of Windows.
  • Running DD2 on a computer with low end specs.
  • Not making an exception for DD2 in antivirus/firewall programs.
  • Ports used by DD2 to connect to the Amazon Web Server are blocked. 

If you would like to assist us in this bug hunt, please fill out a bug report. Make it as detailed as you can, and include any screenshots that you may have. With that data, we can start making progress towards reproducing, isolating and fixing the bug. 

As always, we appreciate your feedback and your support!