Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Patch Is Not Live Yet

@iamisom quote:

@Buttons quote:

It would be nice to have some sort of update. At the very least to let us know if we can stop waiting for the servers to come back up.

The last update I was given is that the ETA is still today. If that changes, I'll let you know.

I'd just like to point out that "today" is a 24 hour period, im pretty certain he was asking about an educated guess like, will it be sometime in the next few hours? before noon? after noon? :)

Community Managers aren't allowed to "guess", even if its an informed one, because then people get all bent out of shape when it doesn't happen perfectly.

They can only relay the information given them by the development people.

The fact that there hasn't been a change means that they coding/testing people are working their arse's off trying to get it stable enough to let us test for the evening.

No news is not always good news, but it's better then bad news at this point.

TL;DR - CM's can't make guesses, as they get held to them as though they were relayed info.

@iamisom quote:

@Buttons quote:

It would be nice to have some sort of update. At the very least to let us know if we can stop waiting for the servers to come back up.

The last update I was given is that the ETA is still today. If that changes, I'll let you know.

Then what does estimated downtime even mean.... At least update that or remove it because the way I see it the time is up.

I'm pretty sure he purposely gave that unhelpful timeframe because he was also given an unhelpful timeframe. It seems like we won't be getting this any time soon, otherwise we would have known about it.

Yes, generally community managers/moderators/etc. are forced to give rather vague answers about things like when a patch comes out because people will treat their word as 'law' even if they are speaking out of personal reasons.

Though it would be nice if there was more of a "so far, it looks like it will be done in x time", we really can't expect that since people would take that and get angry if it isn't the right time.

Well, just got a 6pack and some nips, all the supplies I need for a new patch lol. Ill be checking if servers are up every 30mins or so....

@Esorath quote:

HOLD THE LINE! DON'T START TILL YOU SEE THE TEARS IN THE KOBOLDS EYE!

Terrible advice, by that time they are in range for their explosives to really hurt us.

@Esorath quote:

HOLD THE LINE! DON'T START TILL YOU SEE THE TEARS IN THE KOBOLDS EYE!

Confirmed: We will get the patch soon. (Just kidding?)

In seriousness though, is that a hint of things to come?

@Devak quote:

Well, just got a 6pack and some nips, all the supplies I need for a new patch lol. Ill be checking if servers are up every 30mins or so....

I'm hoping you mean Cheese Nips.

[[4370,users]]

I know it will cause controlled  (lol) chaos but can you please give slight indication as to when it's likely to be? Even something as simple as "Less than 3 hours"

@iamisom quote:

Also, the update is about to drop in a few minutes. Stand by.

As in "you will be able to download in a few minutes" or as in "you will be able to play in a few minutes"?