Sign in to follow this  
frank_robert890

What are your hobbies?

I like to drink wine while listening to music like the Deftones.

Im also working on a videa game project for a while now.

I play drums  when its possible and also play a lot of games

while waiting for the 28th :)

@Vohl quote:

I like to drink wine while listening to music like the Deftones.

Im also working on a videa game project for a while now.

I play drums  when its possible and also play a lot of games

while waiting for the 28th :)

Update confirmed 28th of July

@djrandyran quote:

@starfox64_0 quote:

I race R/C SCT's, I do a little bit of mechanics work, I repair tv's and video game consoles, Im getting ready to start a portable SNES Project, I stalk everything going on in the forums quite a bit, play some video games occasionally, and I used to play Percussion but plan on getting back into it soon as well as getting back into playing Guitar

At the R/C hobby shop we would race heavily modified traxxas rustlers. Dirt oval racing in the summer weeks and during the winters we would carpet race them. Was super competive and a lot of fun.

I tend to race my Traxxas Slash 4wd, its upgraded a decent amount though at the local on road track. Just started racing this year so Im in the Novice class but Im only running about 2 seconds behind the people in our Open class. Running RPM A-Arms, just replaced my front and rear drive shaft axles, got 120K wgt and 10K wgt in my diffs, with 60wgt and traxxas black spring shocks. Bought the truck used but ended up upgrading it to a Tekin Redline (last model before the latest one, cant recall if its V2 or V1 then.) and running a Dynamite ESC since it handles my Li-Po and 5800Kv motor pretty well. Its actually too much motor for my local track...whoops.

@starfox64_0 quote:

@djrandyran quote:

@starfox64_0 quote:

I race R/C SCT's, I do a little bit of mechanics work, I repair tv's and video game consoles, Im getting ready to start a portable SNES Project, I stalk everything going on in the forums quite a bit, play some video games occasionally, and I used to play Percussion but plan on getting back into it soon as well as getting back into playing Guitar

At the R/C hobby shop we would race heavily modified traxxas rustlers. Dirt oval racing in the summer weeks and during the winters we would carpet race them. Was super competive and a lot of fun.

I tend to race my Traxxas Slash 4wd, its upgraded a decent amount though at the local on road track. Just started racing this year so Im in the Novice class but Im only running about 2 seconds behind the people in our Open class. Running RPM A-Arms, just replaced my front and rear drive shaft axles, got 120K wgt and 10K wgt in my diffs, with 60wgt and traxxas black spring shocks. Bought the truck used but ended up upgrading it to a Tekin Redline (last model before the latest one, cant recall if its V2 or V1 then.) and running a Dynamite ESC since it handles my Li-Po and 5800Kv motor pretty well. Its actually too much motor for my local track...whoops.

Ugh, so technical, my brain is aching ^^

Some highlights from viking fun.  We do archery, and steel demonstration combat and sometimes get one of the members long ships out. viks20_zps2vb3m8zv.jpg

IMG_8485_zpslj2rh69t.jpg

This is me and the Mrs. with some of our kids.  I'm the guy fighting on the left.

22_zpsmuu88vvr.jpgDSC01017_zpsxqf7mkrp.jpg

@pressdelight quote:

Some highlights from viking fun.  We do archery, and steel demonstration combat and sometimes get one of the members long ships out. viks20_zps2vb3m8zv.jpg

IMG_8485_zpslj2rh69t.jpg

This is me and the Mrs. with some of our kids.  I'm the guy fighting on the left.

22_zpsmuu88vvr.jpgDSC01017_zpsxqf7mkrp.jpg

Wow ive never seen that before, certinatly looks like fun :)

I'm a rather boring person. Mostly gaming, but I also collect coins (I don't have any especially valuable coins), various penguin related things (not sure how that started but now I got a penguin arm pillow), occasionally doodle architecture, and remind iamison that C&C Renegade is a thing.

@UncleRichardson quote:

I'm a rather boring person. Mostly gaming, but I also collect coins (I don't have any especially valuable coins), various penguin related things (not sure how that started but now I got a penguin arm pillow), occasionally doodle architecture, and remind iamison that C&C Renegade is a thing.

Coins!  Cool.  My dad has a coin collection, and I have a stamp collection.  Nothing boring about that :), well I suppose we are a smaller minority when it comes to enthusiasts :P

Wow, C&C Renegade.  I played the garbage outta that game.  Had the best multiplayer mode, until every map just became a mod that sucked.  I might have to go back now and see if those old servers still host :)!

@pressdelight quote:

Wow, C&C Renegade.  I played the garbage outta that game.  Had the best multiplayer mode, until every map just became a mod that sucked.  I might have to go back now and see if those old servers still host :)!

Try Renegade X if you're serious about going back to Renegade. It's a modern remake by a small, dedicated bunch. You don't have to jump through hoops to get online, has a couple of changes to mix things up (like replacing your pistol with a different secondary), and pretty much always has at least a server or two full of people. It also has a single player mini-campaign for separate download if you want to see how well it runs (although it's a little outdated compared to the actual multiplayer client).

^^ coins and stamp collections :) i suppose i dont really collect anything, i guess musical instruments you could say, i have

A soprano saxophone, 2 alto saxophones.

2 pianos, 1 keyboard.

2 clarinets, 1 oboe.

1 drum set.

2 flutes.

1 trumpet

and last but not least 1 glockenspiel ^^

I used to play handball, then school consumed that.

Now i go to the gym, study(ALOT), participate in the occasional triathlon, hang out with firends during weekends, and go to the gym again

I play saxophone and piano, play dnd with friends among other board games, I am a top super smash bros player in my small region (though I have lost some of my ranking due to not playing a lot lately falling from second to around seventh), I love walking, driving calms me as well. :)

I read a lot, mostly fantasy books but I also read a fair bit of magazines on random topics that catch my interest and I can get stuck on Wikipedia for the same reason.

I greatly enjoy most kinds of puzzles and just recently decided to pick up the Rubik's Cube with the hope of learning to solve it in less than 60 seconds consistently, we'll see how that goes.

I play badminton and/or table tennis a few times a week for exercise purposes, I never join any actual competitions.

Other than that I guess it's the typical gaming stuff. Me and my partner play a lot of games together. Most recent titles were Diablo 3 and The Talos Principle.

@Seeri quote:

decided to pick up the Rubik's Cube with the hope of learning to solve it in less than 60 seconds consistently, we'll see how that goes.

I wish you luck on that, fastest time I've gotten is 3 minutes 45 seconds whenever I was really into it a few years back.

Thanks! I'm down to about 2.5 minutes on average now, my fastest is 95 seconds but I got pretty lucky (obviously). Still running the 7 step solution until I feel like I am flawless at it then I'll start transitioning to the 4 step.

I played the trombone in jr. high, I'm glad that part of my life is long over you have no idea how hard it is to fit a trombone in a school locker. Obviously my main hobby is playing video games. 

I try once a year or so to go somewhere new with as little money as possible and see how long I can survive, hitchhiking, train-hopping and all sorts of bad ideas, last year I went to B.C. and stayed for six months, my budget was $200 lots of fun.

@Zoh87 quote:

I played the trombone in jr. high, I'm glad that part of my life is long over you have no idea how hard it is to fit a trombone in a school locker. Obviously my main hobby is playing video games. 

I try once a year or so to go somewhere new with as little money as possible and see how long I can survive, hitchhiking, train-hopping and all sorts of bad ideas, last year I went to B.C. and stayed for six months, my budget was $200 lots of fun.

Sweet!  Sounds like quite a lot of adventure.  I grew up in B.C. and $200 can go a long ways unless you live there :)!  Nothing beats those fresh B.C. peaches from the Okanagan in the summer time.  Ah, now I'm feeling nostalgic.  Let me know next time you head out that way and I'll hop a train with you :P!

@frank_robert890 quote:

^^ coins and stamp collections :) i suppose i dont really collect anything, i guess musical instruments you could say, i have

A soprano saxophone, 2 alto saxophones.

2 pianos, 1 keyboard.

2 clarinets, 1 oboe.

1 drum set.

2 flutes.

1 trumpet

and last but not least 1 glockenspiel ^^

That's quite the collection.  I think we might be close rivals :)!  Do you play in a band? 

I run a recording studio so they are pretty essential tools around here for me.  Sounds cool though.  You play a some instruments that I haven't dabbled in.  I do have 2 flutes and a tenor sax, but more of the stringed instruments.  My wife plays trombone and french horn, but I haven't even attempted those yet. 

5 guitars

1 bass

3 keyboards

1 drum set

1 mandolin

2 Ukeleles

5 fiddles

and last but not least a banjo :)! 

@pressdelight quote:

Sweet!  Sounds like quite a lot of adventure.  I grew up in B.C. and $200 can go a long ways unless you live there :)!  Nothing beats those fresh B.C. peaches from the Okanagan in the summer time.  Ah, now I'm feeling nostalgic.  Let me know next time you head out that way and I'll hop a train with you :P!

If i knew when wanderlust would strike, or where it would take me I would (probably something overseas next time). I ended up for most of the trip on Vancouver Island somewhere near Victoria and our backyard had plum trees, apricot trees, blackberry bushes and grapes, truly nothing beats fresh fruit right off the branch.

I love to read, I crochet, and I spend way too much time watching shows on Netflix. Also, do board and card games count as a separate hobby? ;-)