Sign in to follow this  
frank_robert890

What are your hobbies?

Hey defenders! i was curious as to what you guys do in your free time besides the obvious, gaming.

personally, i just watch TV, but thats not really a hobby, i play the saxophone in my free-time and i also occasionally play the bassoon,

i like to sing sometimes to.. but im still learnin' that :)

How about you guys? would love to hear your replies.

Thanks and cya laters!

I used to play the tenor and baritone sax back in the day. Good times.

When I get the chance, I'll go hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains or the Smoky Mountains. I live within an hour of both. I'm thinking about Dungeon Defenders almost every waking moment of my life, so it's nice to unplug completely and go strolling through the wilderness.

Once you are indoctrinated into work and taxes you dont get much time, so beyond games and quality TV shows and films (though I'm watching alot less of those - whats the point most of the time bad dialogue, bad action etc besides the Marvel charge and the usurpers [man - Batman vs Superman better live upto the trailer [[Affleck as batman though, lol, I'll never accept that!!!]])).

Oh lol, forgot, drinking...

@frank_robert890 quote:

Hey defenders! i was curious as to what you guys do in your free time besides the obvious, gaming.

.......um.......

LOL but seriously, I like to sing, and I'm darn good at it. With not a single professional singing lesson in my entire life, I decided to join Choir class in high school and was the 2nd best of my group, even going to my first ever, state-wide competition and getting 8.9 / 10.

I'm also secretly an Otaku! ...at least I think I am... Maybe not, since I watch anime and read manga in a very casual manner. I don't go out of my way to get the latest issue, or collect figurines. Too lazy.

Hiking is also good, and I don't need to drive anywhere to do it, because I literally live in the mountains. The longest stretch of flat, level road in the whole city goes on for a whopping.... 10 feet. The scenery here is beautiful and the air is so clean, except when you're stuck behind a diesel truck. In exchange though, our 4 seasons of the year are: Winter, More Winter, Snowless Winter, and Road Construction. It got all the way down to -40 degrees last year...

@iamisom quote:

When I get the chance, I'll go hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains or the Smoky Mountains. I live within an hour of both. I'm thinking about Dungeon Defenders almost every waking moment of my life, so it's nice to unplug completely and go strolling through the wilderness.

Finaly someone who plays the saxophone aswell! haha nice to see someone besides me play it :)

@frank_robert890 quote:

@iamisom quote:

Finaly someone who plays the saxophone aswell! haha nice to see someone besides me play it :)

I actually also occasionally do soprano sax.

This probably sounds really lame and boring, but my biggest hobby is studying and reading science journals. Gotta love abusing my JSTOR privileges.

@curtisgk quote:

This probably sounds really lame and boring, but my biggest hobby is studying and reading science journals. Gotta love abusing my JSTOR privileges.

We dont judge in this thread :p unusual but cool hobby :)

@frank_robert890 quote:

@curtisgk quote:

dont tell me what to do ill judge curt all i want

@harry4550 quote:

@frank_robert890 quote:

@curtisgk quote:

dont tell me what to do ill judge curt all i want

:(

I spend most my time on RPG maker stealing peoples battle scripts/textures/sprites and make games my friends cant beat without spending 40+ hours :3

I love exploring and roaming around. I just moved to Japan for a while and I love all of it so far. Big on hiking, I've hiked the Appalachian Mountain from Georgia to the Tennessee and it was amazing. I also love driving, road trips are the bomb and I love finding the curvy mountain roads to drive.

Haha all these are cool hobbies and stuff! i see lots of you like to go on walks and hikes, im actually going on a 10k walk today, how long and far do you usually hike and walk for?

Hmmm, soccer, nature, sleeping, gaming ... i only work 20 hours a week, so i have plenty of free time.

I race R/C SCT's, I do a little bit of mechanics work, I repair tv's and video game consoles, Im getting ready to start a portable SNES Project, I stalk everything going on in the forums quite a bit, play some video games occasionally, and I used to play Percussion but plan on getting back into it soon as well as getting back into playing Guitar

Hobbies.....  haha, I think if I took on any more I'd need to clone myself.  Married with 5 kids (#6 on the way), so that's a pretty big one right there :P.  We do a lot of gardening.  Our oldest son has an autoimmune disorder, and his diet is limited to a handful of foods.  Seems whatever we grow ourselves he can eat, so we have a pretty big garden.  We do viking age reenactment as a family.  I have a music studio and my wife is/was a dancer/teacher so we do a lot of dancing, singing and music.  With all these kids we are working on the family band thing as well.  Could call that work I guess, but singing and music never really is :)!  We are also a pretty big board game family, so all the Settlers of Catan, Bohnanza, Munchkin, Ticket to Ride etc. 

@frank_robert890 quote:

Haha all these are cool hobbies and stuff! i see lots of you like to go on walks and hikes, im actually going on a 10k walk today, how long and far do you usually hike and walk for?

I generally do one day hikes, but once every two years or so I like to do the West Coast Trail with a group of friends. The only problem is it takes a full week to do; it requires people to book vacation time.

If you enjoy hiking, I highly recommend that everyone in their lifetime do this trail. It's world famous for a reason. I am lucky to have it in my backyard!

@starfox64_0 quote:

I race R/C SCT's, I do a little bit of mechanics work, I repair tv's and video game consoles, Im getting ready to start a portable SNES Project, I stalk everything going on in the forums quite a bit, play some video games occasionally, and I used to play Percussion but plan on getting back into it soon as well as getting back into playing Guitar

At the R/C hobby shop we would race heavily modified traxxas rustlers. Dirt oval racing in the summer weeks and during the winters we would carpet race them. Was super competive and a lot of fun.

JVfCq4D.jpg

@starfox64_0 quote:

R/C SCT's are fun to race almost anywhere at any time :)

@Woqini quote:

Hmmm, soccer, nature, sleeping, gaming ... i only work 20 hours a week, so i have plenty of free time.

20 hours a week is not much ^^ so yeah i suppose you do have lots of time on your hands :) 

A normal work week in Denmark is 37 hours. Lots of people only work 30 hours. We value our free time in this country :)