Is the patch ready for Ranked? [Update: New Poll in OP!]

Well the biggest question really is:  Do the dev's who have spared their time to work on this patch feel that they've done enough with the time frame they had planned for it?  Whatever they don't do is going to fall onto the CDT to do. So keep that in mind.  Also whatever doesn't get done, will reflect back to Trendy ultimately. Good or ill.   

I say, do what you can to get what you @TrendyTeam, set out to do to start with finished. If you're satisfied with it, then carry on. You've got another game to work on.  If not, I suggest a bigger poll about what needs doing for a release, and then go from there.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear I agree with the concerns here.  I wasnt trying to push for it or against it.  Just stating why some might be for it and voting yes, those voting no and what could be done if something happened after.

I am sure Trendy appreciates all the feedback we are providing for it.

Such level-headed responses. This is why I love the Dungeon Defenders community.

I'm going to talk to the team about the balance of the Moonbase gear. As for the few remaining bugs, I believe the CDT should be able to handle them. Is that something everyone is okay with, or are there some super game-breaking bugs in the patch that absolutely need to be addressed by us? (The reality of the situation is that we have limited resources to fix things, and we're setting up the CDT to be able to handle issues like these.)

@iamisom quote:

Such level-headed responses. This is why I love the Dungeon Defenders community.

I'm going to talk to the team about the balance of the Moonbase gear. As for the few remaining bugs, I believe the CDT should be able to handle them. Is that something everyone is okay with, or are there some super game-breaking bugs in the patch that absolutely need to be addressed by us? (The reality of the situation is that we have limited resources to fix things, and we're setting up the CDT to be able to handle issues like these.)

Well the CDT needs experience so the sooner they can begin, the better they will become I'd say. But then, I know nothing about coding and such ;)

I think that this is the best way to go though :)

Regarding the Moonbase rewards:

First off, I'd like to say that they need to stop spawning with all ten stats. That's a must. Not only does it make them way too OP, it eliminates the possibility of using them as tower weapons, as tower damage and tower range don't show up and can't be upgraded.

Also, all four could use a damage spawn nerf.

The Fusion Rift is broken. It just is. Even with the damage nerf, it's DPS is nearly twice as much as the staff with thecurrent highest max damage per upgrade, an Ultimate Classic's. (Please note that I said it had the highest max damage per upgrade, not that it was the best.) Either the max dmg/^ needs to be nerfed or the number of extra projectiles needs to be reduced to + 2 or + 3. Or both.

The Quietus needs a melee max dmg/^ nerf, but I don't care about the ranged as long as it's under 300.

The Dynast is fine as is, though it could use a damage spawn nerf (as mentioned above.)

The Hyperrifle could use a slight damage per upgrade nerf, but not too much. I'm fine if the overall DPS of a Hyperrifle is higher than that of a Pawn Shot or Blaster Rifle, as long as the extra DPS comes from the extra projectile and not the dmg/upgrade, thus reducing the Piercing shot/spreadshot damage.

@iamisom quote:

that sounds great to me. bugs you can fix, a game flooded with op items you cant

@harry4550 quote:

@iamisom quote:

that sounds great to me. bugs you can fix, a game flooded with op items you cant

Well, actually, you can. With bringing more and harder maps and challenges to the table. Just saying. But that map Moonbase is way to easy, those rewards don't belong there.

Just going to say this.. everyone who thinks the new gear is too strong.. have you played other RPG's?  Ever get new content in them where the new stuff was stronger than the things you spent hundreds of hours to get? Yeah?  Same principle applies to Dungeon Defenders. Also that means with better gear means the difficulty bar gets raised a notch too.  And if that's what people are worried about, the game getting too easy, nothing stays difficult forever.. even if your gear is crap.  The mind tends to adapt and overcome.

Eventually the rewards have to get better but I hope they slightly increase per map 

You could eventually fix the steam dc issue. I'm sure Caimen would appreciate that too.

@iamisom quote:

make the damage per ups for moonbase weapons comparable to obs.  or a little lower.  i have no problems with them but that seems to be the main issue.  and get rid of tot's for now.  let the cdt implement them later. 

@rcdm462 quote:

make the damage per ups for moonbase weapons comparable to obs.  or a little lower.  i have no problems with them but that seems to be the main issue.  and get rid of tot's for now.  let the cdt implement them later. 

Just get rid of that childish dance game :) Really? What was he thinking including that in a TWR defence game. ToT are supposed to be end game pets, I can't recall who proposed this, but why not let the ToT spawn after a survival on NMHC MM only.

We will see, I am curious as to how they are gonna implement this map and where they gonna place it, I have played this map 6 times in total (last 3 times was when we recieved news that it was coming to ranked) and it is a lot easier then every single endgame map I know of.

End of rant, sry.

Just get rid of that childish dance game :) Really? What was he thinking including that in a TWR defence game.

Simple... It was the gimmick that sold it for the map contest, don't you know? Because It was a public vote, and the judges *grumble mutter mutter soapbox nonsense* 

And now for something completely on topic... 

Treadmill on Treadmill.. Anything on a treadmill is never going anywhere.  in all seriousness though, I'd say put the ToT reward out of mind and fix any serious bugs, from  what I've read so far, there isn't anything that is red ink to stop a greenlight.  If the new stuff seems to strong, I'd say this  to : how about just consider it a bonus for waiting so long to get it?!  Seriously.  

Come this far and Moonbase is finally getting added and nothing is game-crashing broken in the beta, right? So... why is Trendy getting the raspberries?  Time to soldier up a bit my forum lurking friends. 

In my opnion just release the update, as nexus said 

@Nexus quote:

Come this far and Moonbase is finally getting added and nothing is game-crashing broken in the beta, right? So... why is Trendy getting the raspberries?  Time to soldier up a bit my forum lurking friends. 

there is nothing game breaking in the beta and CDT can do fixes later if they are needed.

It might not be game breaking, but as some said new gear has to become better, YES. But only if the maps become harder and everything else besides the weapons and stats become better too. That would mean for me if we get a big dps increasement we also would need everything else to be increased or dps will just be more and more important. And I know a lot of people who would be upset if there would be such things like ult+++ armor implemented. Or anything that caps higher than 999. 

I wont say that the weapons or pets have to be on the exact same level of quality like the ones we already have, but the shall not be as over powered as they are rght now. I dont care if this is fixed before the patch or after by the communty but for me this should be happening. Nobody would ever use Diamonds again if there is such an easy way tog et much better pets. I dont even know if these Diamonds would introduce as almost pure currency or fall such low in price together with coal that WW would be a map nobody plays anymore. Which would be sad :/

Please dont get me wrong i am still very excited for the patch but this bugs me a little.

I think it is safe to say, a lot of people want the patch to come out now, and a lot want to wait for a pristine update.. with that in mind

I would say, if you fix the bugs that "break" the weapons, like how they spawn with all 10 stats wielding a tower possibility null...

then it would be OK to implement the update now, but only if things like that "break" a weapon and make it only single choice, DPS.. (sorry of i post this and the bug happens to be fixed, i have been behind on the news)

but people like aave and nexus are right, we have waited a long time for an update, i think we deserve SOMETHING within this next week or so..

if they fix bugs like the one mentioned above, and making the weapons OK i would say go for implementation. 

however, i looked at different forum posts and comments, and a lot of people seem to be upset that we have better weapons than obs now in a WAY easier map... but we do need a "difficulty creep" eventually... and if the rewards are to remain to same/to be nerfed, but still be better than obs, please, please just make moonbase even a bit harder than aka, it simply does not make sense, better rewards from less time and an easier map... how!? i know you guys at the CDT are trying your best, but we need to start thinking about the actual map, not just the weapons, i agree the weapons do need "fixing" but we cant just think about it from the one perspective, we must look at all angles, increase the map difficulty, and fix the bugs with the weapons, like the 10-stat-bug and then it will be ok! atleast gameplay wise, hell! maybe we can even make campaign a challenge enough to get the ToT for it to be balanced :D but the point is, the rewards in this update simply are too good for the effort we put in to get them which for me, simply takes away from game content because now moonbase will be like lab assault when it first came out. maps like aka wont be farmed at all.. however, if we increase the moonbase difficulty harder than akatiti, it gives the not quite moonbase level players yet a reason to farm aka! its a win - win, we will still have a bank of obsidians with our more higher up players, and obs with the players who are a step under, and eventually the aka grinders will be able to farm moonbase!, 

I believe i have gone off topic from the thread so i will just end this comment right here.

The weapons from moonbase have already had the 10 stat bug fixed as far as I am aware.

Moving on though I don't think that it is fair to compare Moonbase rewards with Akatiti rewards, as the fill 2 entirely separate roles. Akatiti weapons are crazy good for tower, while being only ok for DPS, which seems to be the exact opposite o the Moonbase rewards. I personally compare these to eweapons, as they are more DPS focused.

Will these weapons break the game as we know it?

No.

Will these weapons make current maps substantially easier?

I don't think so. Any of us that are at the point where we will farm the map to oblivion probably already breeze through most of the maps, and adding these items isn't going to change a thing. What it will affect is those who aren't there yet. It will make it easier for them to get to where all the veterans are at. Those are the people we really have to balance around. Because of that I think the one thing that has to happen is that ToT needs a minimum level to be far higher than 70.

Just something to consider.

@Caimen0 quote:

The weapons from moonbase have already had the 10 stat bug fixed as far as I am aware.

Moving on though I don't think that it is fair to compare Moonbase rewards with Akatiti rewards, as the fill 2 entirely separate roles. Akatiti weapons are crazy good for tower, while being only ok for DPS, which seems to be the exact opposite o the Moonbase rewards. I personally compare these to eweapons, as they are more DPS focused.

Will these weapons break the game as we know it?

No.

Will these weapons make current maps substantially easier?

I don't think so. Any of us that are at the point where we will farm the map to oblivion probably already breeze through most of the maps, and adding these items isn't going to change a thing. What it will affect is those who aren't there yet. It will make it easier for them to get to where all the veterans are at. Those are the people we really have to balance around. Because of that I think the one thing that has to happen is that ToT needs a minimum level to be far higher than 70.

Just something to consider.

Yes, this is true, but however, i do see most people  (occasionally some experienced and people with thousands of hours) using glads and sparuses for dps, i think its safe to say, clava needs some serious stats to be as viable as a bloodshot, classic etc.. but while the moonbase weapons are dps focused rather than statistically tower focused, we still have to take into account the fact that obsidians besides clava are still EXTREMELY viable dps choices, and eweapons are pretty much only for dps, we could use the comparison of eweapons, but most.. "non-veterans," or experienced players cant solo CD, and i think its safe to say soloing is the best cause you dont have all these random people opening mini map etc.. most players that are hunting for obsidians as DPS do it probably cause they cant do CD, atleast not extremely reliably, for arguments sake, lets compare them to both however, either way, CD and akatiti are both quite easy maps to the experienced, and can be farmed at a very high success rate, however, with moonbase, with these new dps weapons, how hard the map is simply is not hard enough to acquire, the moonbase weapons might be better than most obs weapons, blasters, or pawns, but its not fair at all that moonbase is easier for better rewards, experienced players and heavily geared players wont be affected by this much but going back to caimens point - it is indeed the not so experienced players or the players who are not so far into the game that this affects, with better rewards we have to have more of a challenge to obtain, i believe caimen stated something like this on another thread, and yeah, ToT honestly still needs balancing, i dont think you can make camp hard enough for it to be enough for a ToT..

Why so many, we've waited long enough posts.

Get it right or don't do it... 

If OP items get into wild hackers will just make them and everyone will say they dropped pre CDT patch yada ya da yada. 

It's been 2 years since last patch, calm down, breath and let's not ruin the game cos people want to play a really boring map / moonbase on ranked. 

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

Why so many, we've waited long enough posts.

Get it right or don't do it... 

If OP items get into wild hackers will just make them and everyone will say they dropped pre CDT patch yada ya da yada. 

It's been 2 years since last patch, calm down, breath and let's not ruin the game cos people want to play a really boring map / moonbase on ranked. 

I have not voted yes, but i still dont get how people wanting to play moonbase ruins the game.. 

So it looks like the community is split into several "groups":

• leave the patch alone and release it as it is
  • release just the QoL changes and bug fixes in first patch and balanced Moonbase as a whole in a seperate patch
  • wait for a proper "pristine" patch with all the aspects fixed that suit and satisfy the community
  • those that don't know

Now, speaking for my ideology, we as a community indeed deserve a patch of some sort soon, the teasing is going on here for way too long, but I don't want to let it tear us apart, as it looks a bit may happen. So speaking for my self, I'd say/vote yes for releasing the patch with the QoL changes, excluding Moonbase and take extra time to adjust it.

I just really want the QoL changes and don't really care about Moonbase. I'd be happy if they made it into separate patches, it'll please both sides - those who have been looking for an update over the past 2(3?) months, and those who want a a proper Moonbase patch.

@czThePROcz quote:

So it looks like the community is split into several "groups":

• leave the patch alone and release it as it is
  • release just the QoL changes and bug fixes in first patch and balanced Moonbase as a whole in a seperate patch
  • wait for a proper "pristine" patch with all the aspects fixed that suit and satisfy the community
  • those that don't know

Now, speaking for my ideology, we as a community indeed deserve a patch of some sort soon, the teasing is going on here for way too long, but I don't want to let it tear us apart, as it looks a bit may happen. So speaking for my self, I'd say/vote yes for releasing the patch with the QoL changes, excluding Moonbase and take extra time to adjust it.

Yea, i agree.

The Moonbase changes can take some more weeks maybe month and it would be great to have QoL changes in the first place ^^

@czThePROcz quote:

So speaking for my self, I'd say/vote yes for releasing the patch with the QoL changes, excluding Moonbase and take extra time to adjust it.

This. :)