Sign in to follow this  
1aydan

Newish idea's

1. A search function in item boxes and shops to find a specific item or you can filter your whole item box to from item type .pet,wep,armor,acc,ect
  2. New pets like a spider petspider.png that shoots 3 webs and does the same effect as a spider minion .A archer petarcher.png that shoots arrows similar to the Animus's .A goblin pet goblin.png that improves cast rate and does blunt dmg like the tiger pets, An orc pet orc.png that increase health and does a aoe dmg strike, a mage mage.png that does aoe flash heals . goblin copter pet ?
  3. More video options like texture quality, shadows, AA quality.... ect similar to how dde did it        ( and borderless window mode)
  4. Nightmare + mode ? similar to what the console version did to insane + 10 to 15 % item loot increase 
  5. Survival mode on moonbasesquire_small.png??? 
  6. Upgrade priority in option ( you can change your upgrades from a list so upgrades wont always be random... for example you can choose arua's first in the list and it will always jump to aruas instead of always traps first)
  7. A pet dmg or effectiveness on summoner increase for viable dps summoners ?
  8. tier set items ? similar to the zamira set
  9. map q's .... for example you can choose a map and when someone makes that map you automatically get into it
Just some idea's sense i haven't seen any post on in this community development thread in awhile Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png

Just to add to graphical options... Borderless Window

These ideas all seem good however - i think the mage, goblin, orc and archer pets are a bit too.. non-petsy i guess.. i feel the spider and copter are viable, but i cant see it in the others :)

As for the moonbase survival - i cant agree more, everyone is whining about how, "Oh deary dear! the ToT is so overpowered! oh how shall we solve this predicament" i feel if we made moonbase survival something to be implemented, and also a real challenge.. instead of having the ToT drop because we completed an arcade thingy in campaign with not much effort, why dont we make it a survival reward? now im not saying making the survival hardcore, but a half way between kings game survival and akatiti survival... i feel this would be a challenge enough to get the ToT. i dont think the ToT would need nerfing.. if the challenge of obtaining it was balanced :)

search function in item box? totally.. personally i am lazy and dont clean up my item box very often and its a pain scrolling through 7649 items looking for one item :)

@1aydan quote:
  1. A search function in item boxes and shops to find a specific item or you can filter your whole item box to from item type .pet,wep,armor,acc,ect
  2. New pets like a spider petspider.png that shoots 3 webs and does the same effect as a spider minion .A archer petarcher.png that shoots arrows similar to the Animus's .A goblin pet goblin.png that improves cast rate and does blunt dmg like the tiger pets, An orc pet orc.png that increase health and does a aoe dmg strike, a mage mage.png that does aoe flash heals . goblin copter pet ?
  3. More video options like texture quality, shadows, AA quality.... ect similar to how dde did it        ( and borderless window mode)
  4. Nightmare + mode ? similar to what the console version did to insane + 10 to 15 % item loot increase 
  5. Survival mode on moonbasesquire_small.png??? 
  6. Upgrade priority in option ( you can change your upgrades from a list so upgrades wont always be random... for example you can choose arua's first in the list and it will always jump to aruas instead of always traps first)
  7. A pet dmg or effectiveness on summoner increase for viable dps summoners ?
  8. tier set items ? similar to the zamira set
  9. map q's .... for example you can choose a map and when someone makes that map you automatically get into it
Just some idea's sense i haven't seen any post on in this community development thread in awhile Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png
  1. IMO, the inventory UI could use a complete rework. Might be something I will look at doing, if I don't get lost in the code that manages all of it.
  2. -no comment
  3. Would require more code on the API end to manage these things. Right now, DD is and always will be a 32bit operation. So updating the API (DirectX/OpenGL) to handle being able to tweak rendering quality would be almost futile. Newer hardware should be sufficient for running the game better. (Mostly because optimizing the game further would cost Trendy a lot of time, and is a hardcode thing mostly.) 
  4. Technically that is what Hardcore is supposed to do for difficulty.. that +.
  5. Wasn't designed for it but I'll pipe it to the CDT for a possibility.
  6. Requires rewriting the Upgrade function to handle Class priority, and prioritizing class of defenses simultaneously. Possible but difficult.
  7. So.. pet dmg boost on summoner. Possible balance questions come up with that.
  8. Matching item quality technically counts as a "tiered set", hence the fancy teal sparkles around your equipped items when you have all Mythical so and and so forth.
  9. Like that idea, but that is network stuff that would have to be handled by Trendy and I'm not entirely sure how Steams match making system fits into that sort of filter... probably do-able but not likely to happen. DD2 however.. you might see something like that.

I'll limit this to stronger opinions I have. 

4. It would be nice to see a harder mode similar to Sang's savage that gives a little bit better gear and more of a challenge. Maybe like a 5% boost to drops? Preferably something that requires teams but doesn't penalize single players from getting the same stats as multiplayer.

5. If it goes survival, it should require all crystals stay alive. Letting 2 crystals die isn't really surviving :p

7. No, just no. Summoners perk is that it doesn't use DU. Don't make the summoner anything it shouldn't be. Summoner DPS is something fun to *** around with and not use seriously. 

#4. Just from what I know about the game's workings, adding another difficulty will involve updating kismet code,updating every single level (which then has to be tested for balance and performance), Scaling for AI difficulty has to be updated to account the new difficulty modifiers, some of which is done level side, some done in the code (the more important part.)   and overall practicality. "Better Gear" is very general, if you mean better gear faster, then that's just silly and goes against the grinding mantra of DD, and also depletes quality of life for DD down the road. If everyone gets all maxed out quicker that will pinch how much the Community team will want to add to the game. Diminishing returns hits a lot harder going up high to the "Beat it! Mic Drop!" point.

Now we could do a psuedo difficulty for maps, just tweaking the kismet the right way can make the game really hard.  So just have to refine what you're really asking. You want an actual tickable difficulty on the UI, or just harder maps.. because they are two different things.

Also I'm not trying to dissuade the suggestion in the slightest. Just want everyone to know, a very involved process.

@Nexus quote:

#4. Just from what I know about the game's workings, adding another difficulty will involve updating kismet code,updating every single level (which then has to be tested for balance and performance), Scaling for AI difficulty has to be updated to account the new difficulty modifiers, some of which is done level side, some done in the code (the more important part.)   and overall practicality. "Better Gear" is very general, if you mean better gear faster, then that's just silly and goes against the grinding mantra of DD, and also raises of quality of life for DD down the road. If everyone gets all maxed out quicker that will pinch how much the Community team will want to add to the game. Diminishing returns hits a lot harder going up high to the "Beat it! Mic Drop!" point.

Now we could do a psuedo difficulty for maps, just tweaking the kismet the right way can make the game really hard.  So just have to refine what you're really asking. You want an actual tickable difficulty on the UI, or just harder maps.. because they are two different things.

Also I'm not trying to dissuade the suggestion in the slightest. Just want everyone to know, a very involved process.

I don't feel it should be faster gear, but rather better gear. I know absolutely nothing of the DDDK and coding, I will admit that immediately.

I think a higher difficulty should have for higher stat values that should allow for better stats (such as 5-10% of current stats. Also, I think this is the randomizer value, if not, just message me how I'm wrong on that. I seriously have very little understanding of how the randomizer value works) to spawn on the next difficulty. Hard limits such as 600, 700, 999 should stay, but the spawn stats should be a bit higher for harder difficulty. I don't think this will change the QoL for the game as it will only affect end game players looking for slightly higher stats. None of these stats should be game breaking as long) As long as we stay away from OP stats, I don't mind having a small increase 

At the same time, I'd be willing to just allow a higher difficulty for a bit more fun. You can never have too much of a challenge, right? :p

@Nexus quote:

#4. Just from what I know about the game's workings, adding another difficulty will involve updating kismet code,updating every single level (which then has to be tested for balance and performance), Scaling for AI difficulty has to be updated to account the new difficulty modifiers, some of which is done level side, some done in the code (the more important part.)   and overall practicality. "Better Gear" is very general, if you mean better gear faster, then that's just silly and goes against the grinding mantra of DD, and also depletes quality of life for DD down the road. If everyone gets all maxed out quicker that will pinch how much the Community team will want to add to the game. Diminishing returns hits a lot harder going up high to the "Beat it! Mic Drop!" point.

Thx for the reply and would a  endless survival mode be possible to implement?

Best way to reward better gear without actually messing with the games code would to just reward specific items over the course of a few maps, over getting deep into things and tweaking the modifiers for stats. Because when you tweak the RNG it involves a good deal of math, for all of its unique parts.  I'm not sure if this is something -everyone- would want to have. We'd have to take a poll and also figure out if it is a viable thing without breaking the loot systems curve. 

Statistically speaking, the highest stats already turn the game into relative easy mode, even on nightmare, for very seasoned players. So pushing much higher even with a newer difficulty borders on being a bit ridiculous, IMO. But something I'll note down for further consideration.

[[46376,users]]
The way survival mode actually works is all done level side inside kismet, as far as I understand it. So yes, technically endless survival is possible and was/is being attempted by someone I thought.  Technically the game can run on for ever if you remove time limits and the victory conditions (and some clever wave looping), the AI will naturally just target the player(s) as  their priority, if the crystal gets wasted.  Like monster hunt but no life counter, no time in between or anything till the waves spawner has exhausted everything.  Technically you could even make a mode with 1 unending wave as well. Just begs the question: what is the point if it doesn't end? Aside from apparent bragging rights anyway. 

@Nexus quote:

Best way to reward better gear without actually messing with the games code would to just reward specific items over the course of a few maps, over getting deep into things and tweaking the modifiers for stats. Because when you tweak the RNG it involves a good deal of math, for all of its unique parts.  I'm not sure if this is something -everyone- would want to have. We'd have to take a poll and also figure out if it is a viable thing without breaking the loot systems curve. 

Statistically speaking, the highest stats already turn the game into relative easy mode, even on nightmare, for very seasoned players. So pushing much higher even with a newer difficulty borders on being a bit ridiculous, IMO. But something I'll note down for further consideration.

1AYDAN
The way survival mode actually works is all done level side inside kismet, as far as I understand it. So yes, technically endless survival is possible and was/is being attempted by someone I thought.  Technically the game can run on for ever if you remove time limits and the victory conditions (and some clever wave looping), the AI will naturally just target the player(s) as  their priority, if the crystal gets wasted.  Like monster hunt but no life counter, no time in between or anything till the waves spawner has exhausted everything.  Technically you could even make a mode with 1 unending wave as well. Just begs the question: what is the point if it doesn't end? Aside from apparent bragging rights anyway. 

Well at least my idea about it was you can farm gear after the survival has ended for the highest possibly for ults or supreme ect. For example when you beat the survival it could have a endless survival option or back to tavern and it will progressively get harder but the loot could  get better as you progress though it to the point where the mobs overwhelm your build/towers.