Sign in to follow this  
demonickilr

Idea: Trophies from playing Dungeon Defenders 1/EE get's transferred to DD2

Like if we create a private server, it'll show all the trophies we got from DD1. It'll also give an incentive for people to play DD1 again to get all the trophies giving Trendy more $$$ if new players want to get the trophies.

While thats nice in theory I think coding wise It would be super hard. Your DD1 Name is just your steam name but your DD2 name is an account based thing. While they are linked I think it might be a tad too difficult to scan everyones achieves and stuff to port over the trophies.

That is also a ton of graphical work as DD1 and 2 don't run on the exact same graphics so there would have to be major tweaks to have the trophies not look like butts

Well, a trophy-esque reward in DD2 has already been promised for those who still own DDE, so it's not completely out of the question.

There's nothing wrong with giving a single trophy / title for DD1/DDE players, but having all your achievements transfer over? That wouldn't be good for this game. 

@ally quote:

There's nothing wrong with giving a single trophy / title for DD1/DDE players, but having all your achievements transfer over? That wouldn't be good for this game. 

Yeah.  And we already get a title for it too, so a single trophy would be good enough (if anything since we already got a title).

I would like some sort of big accomplishment trophy in DD2 to acknowledge that I got my ultimate/legendary defender trophies in DD1.

@DaMattGuy quote:

Well, a trophy-esque reward in DD2 has already been promised for those who still own DDE, so it's not completely out of the question.

they seem to have abandoned DDE so maybe they abandoned the rewards for DD2...hope im wrong i would really like to get unique stuff from this game .

@Vohl quote:

they seem to have abandoned DDE so maybe they abandoned the rewards for DD2...hope im wrong i would really like to get unique stuff from this game .

"In the future, you will receive your Hall of Triumphs rewards for owning Dungeon Defenders Eternity automatically in Dungeon Defenders II."   --Posted by Iamisom 2 months ago in the 2nd most recent DDE update.

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/eternity/blog/119522/an-update-on-dde

If nothing else, the community won't forget because now it's an official post. :P

@DaMattGuy quote:

@Vohl quote:

"In the future, you will receive your Hall of Triumphs rewards for owning Dungeon Defenders Eternity automatically in Dungeon Defenders II."   --Posted by Iamisom 2 months ago in the 2nd most recent DDE update.

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/eternity/blog/119522/an-update-on-dde

If nothing else, the community won't forget because now it's an official post. :P

I personally don't like this idea. DD2 is a new game, should have its own trophies. That would make me (and certainly a lot more people) go back to DD/DDE to get the stuff we still don't have instead of playing DD2. Why would we want to split player base?