As a quick foreward, I don't want to come off as demanding. I always get this feeling when I ask questions like the ones that will follow that I'm not coming across the way I would like, especially as this is coming purely though text format.

It has been 10 weeks since this announcement lit a small fire in all of us that, by the time we had finished reading, had become a massive inferno of hope that we'd be seeing a bunch of tweaks that would eventually become the patch notes you released not too long ago. The problem now, and its not necessarily a bad one, is that we all are hyped like mad for the coming update, but  we have absolutely no idea when its coming. The beta itself came out 6 weeks ago, and the newly made Community Development forum was abuzz with activity. Unfortunately, that forum is now.. about as dead as the DDE playerbase, except moreso, which is impressive.

Having said all that, is there a window in which we can reliably look for the patch itself? The community completely understands the pressure here - we want the patch to turn out as well as you do, but we're not getting any feedback.. well.. anywhere on the forums, and there hasn't been much activity over on Reddit either.

As a side note, did you guys do a stealth ++ spawn rate increase? Because in the past 3 weeks there have been more ult++ being found than I can remember in the past 3 months. Personally, I've gotten 3 ult++ armors, a ++ clava, and a ++ sparus within the same 3 week period. Not exactly what I would call "normal".

@Caimen0 quote:

As a side note, did you guys do a stealth ++ spawn rate increase? Because in the past 3 weeks there have been more ult++ being found than I can remember in the past 3 months. Personally, I've gotten 3 ult++ armors, a ++ clava, and a ++ sparus within the same 3 week period. Not exactly what I would call "normal".

Pretty much assured you won't get an official reply ;)

Isn't it time to test your luck on the wave 20 of Aquanos ? If you get an ult++ Seahorse you'll have your answer.

I've gotten 2 ult++ armor pieces in 2 days... I feel some kind of increase has definitely happened...

@Caimen0 quote:

Is in the beta? I doubt they edited the original game, I haven't had to download a patch. That being said, while I haven't gotten any ult++ armors recently, I have gotten eight ults and an ult+ in the past week at 15-20 runs a day.

@Aguleb17 quote:

Is in the beta? I doubt they edited the original game, I haven't had to download a patch. That being said, while I haven't gotten any ult++ armors recently, I have gotten eight ults and an ult+ in the past week at 15-20 runs a day.

A quick look at the sheer number of ult++ armor auctions on the forums will tell you that something is up. Add to that the number of ult++... other things lately and there has like 100% been some sort of change.

pretty certain there is no need for a patch to change it.

@Aguleb17 quote:

@Caimen0 quote:

@Caimen0 quote:

@Aguleb17 quote:

A quick look at the sheer number of ult++ armor auctions on the forums will tell you that something is up. Add to that the number of ult++... other things lately and there has like 100% been some sort of change.

how would they change it without making everyone downloading a small hot fix ?

depends on how item generation is done. If it happens serverside (which wouldn't surprise me for ranked), all they have to do in increase the numbers on the server.

The player hosts the game, making the item generation serverside seems really unpractical.

@Caimen0 quote:

As a quick foreward, I don't want to come off as demanding. I always get this feeling when I ask questions like the ones that will follow that I'm not coming across the way I would like, especially as this is coming purely though text format.

It has been 10 weeks since this announcement lit a small fire in all of us that, by the time we had finished reading, had become a massive inferno of hope that we'd be seeing a bunch of tweaks that would eventually become the patch notes you released not too long ago. The problem now, and its not necessarily a bad one, is that we all are hyped like mad for the coming update, but  we have absolutely no idea when its coming. The beta itself came out 6 weeks ago, and the newly made Community Development forum was abuzz with activity. Unfortunately, that forum is now.. about as dead as the DDE playerbase, except moreso, which is impressive.

Having said all that, is there a window in which we can reliably look for the patch itself? The community completely understands the pressure here - we want the patch to turn out as well as you do, but we're not getting any feedback.. well.. anywhere on the forums, and there hasn't been much activity over on Reddit either.

I always said that my early Ult++ armors came in bursts. Two or three in a two or three week spell then nothing for ages. Sadly that has not been the case of late.

My own Ult++ rate, as can be seen from my Steam name, has not improved

Guestimate : Very Soon. 

That is all. Have a good weekend.

@1aydan quote:

@Nexus quote:

Guestimate for what ?

For Patch released to Ranked.

@ddace quote:

@1aydan quote:

@Nexus quote:

Guestimate for what ?

For Patch released to Ranked.

Ugh... no no no I want to be there when it goes live! WAIT FOR ME! (jk - hit it, guys xD)

@Caimen0 quote:

This is not possible. The spawns and how the game works is completely controlled by the client so in order for there to be an update you would have to see a patch first no matter what. Only thing Ranked does is save player data and authentication. Guess you're just super lucky ^^

As for when the patch is to be released ohh it shall be "soon". I know some of you and including myself wanted it out faster but we're limited in capacity of doing things and to help make the transition so the community can start pushing out content took a bit longer than expected. We wanted to get this right on the first try to make sure we didn't run into future problems. I do assure you though the patch is going to happen. :)

I've been told ult++ comes and goes in batches so it looks like this is just one of those times. Thanks a lot for the update, Ice. Can't wait to see Moonbase hit ranked. :)

@frank_robert890 quote:

Assuming nexus is a wizard.. very soon is in 18 hours 30 minutes 9 seconds and 3 milliseconds..... dont ask how i got that math :x

How did you come up with that? :O xD