Sign in to follow this  
Draco18s

The Magic Circle

This is half "check this game out" and half "read this article."

Because they make a good point, and I feel that there are some members of the community who are picking a fight where there isn't one.

http://steamed.kotaku.com/pc-game-pits-gamers-against-developers-nobody-wins-1717598532

I guess I just found The Magic Circle’s main plot beats to be a little disheartening. In it, two groups of passionate people collided, and the end result was that they tore each other down, did more harm than good.

Lets make Dungeon Defenders 2 a good game that we can all enjoy, and stop bickering about petty things like "the wipe means I have to grind again."  Grind is not fun, look up the definitions of those words.  That's why it's called a grind.  Play the game again, from nothing to the end, and let Trendy know on every step of the way what you're enjoying and what you're not enjoying.

If you can't have fun without the best gear, then this game isn't for you because the best gear is only one small part of a larger whole.  Be constructive, please.  It does no one any good otherwise.

Most people realize that the wipe is for the betterment of the game and its community. I do not believe that people are angry about the wipe in general, but merely either its a partial wipe or full wipe. Partial wipe allows the bare minimal to be wiped in readiness for the new patch while a full wipe forces everyone to being from the start again. 

This main argument that arises from this is the fact that people do not wish to 'grind' for wyvern tokens and costume exp again, as they can be kept in the game without effecting the results of the upcoming patch. People who desire a full-wipe honestly have no read the description properly as most desire a costume refund, but in turn keeping the wyvern tokens. 

In conclusion, this isn't as serious as you're pointing it out to be, as explored previously in the previous influence vote, it is solely a popularity vote for the developers, giving the players a voice. But that doesn't mean that their voices will be heard, merely acknowledged and taken into equation. Frankly speaking our votes may not have any effect on the final decision, but merely the notion of being able to support what you believe in is a great way to get a community to become involved, however small the fruits of their effort may be.

Once again, a grind is still a grind.  If it's a grind, its not fun, if its not fun, it needs to change.

I've already told Trendy on several occasions that the mechanic used for wyvern tokens is bad.  If a full wipe is so disastrous as to cause vitriol on the forums about it, then the mechanic is bad and people should tell Trendy they don't like it.

@Draco18s quote:

Once again, a grind is still a grind.  If it's a grind, its not fun, if its not fun, it needs to change.

I've already told Trendy on several occasions that the mechanic used for wyvern tokens is bad.  If a full wipe is so disastrous as to cause vitriol on the forums about it, then the mechanic is bad and people should tell Trendy they don't like it.

For some reason I liked the grinding in DD1. Playing the King's Game map with a Jester build was interesting most of the time. After realizing how I have to do it it was easier - but still a chance to fail and ...actually I have no idea why it was fun most of the time.

Currently, when playing DD2, I dislike the grind. Maybe it would become better when the achieving of the reward happens more celebratory, but still... I know what you mean and I somehow feel sad for not having a suggestion 'what' should be changed.

@Dreizehn quote:Currently, when playing DD2, I dislike the grind. Maybe it would become better when the achieving of the reward happens more celebratory, but still... I know what you mean and I somehow feel sad for not having a suggestion 'what' should be changed.

Story and mystery.

A narrative to get lost in and questions to ponder and possibly answer.

I'd also say "mastery" but that really only applies to games were there's a pure skill component and DD2 has a clear progression to hero stats, meaning that "mastery" doesn't take effect until the very end game...but that increase via level up and stats masks your true skill level so people end up questing for better and better gear.  Which isn't the same thing.

People should have expected a wipe, the game is still in development and I would have been more surprised if they didn't wipe at some point.

Mind, this thread is not about the wipe per say, it just so happens that that is the current item people are thinking about.  There was quite a bit of heated discussion on crafter vs. enhancer back when that was up for a vote with people on both sides saying that the other side would ruin balance and break the game.

I'm just trying to remind people to stay constructive.