Sign in to follow this  
Dead-Eye Darkside

Hopes and Fears about the Wipe

Hopes:

-The deadline they gave us in the devstream means that the next content patch is just around the corner
-They try their hardest not to wipe costumes. I know they said they would but people say alot of things
-The economy that they mentioned would be ruined by the amount of gold we have now leads to gold actually meaning something

Fears:

-The new level cap brings back the stupid crazy numbers of DD1. If I wanted DD1 its not going anywhere..I'll go play that.
-The game launches with crazy glitches that ruin the new content. I intend (and im sure many others) to hit the game from the moment its done patching and push as hard as I can. I pray for a smooth, clean patch
-Tower crit and damage break the game entirely and they plain ol' have to wipe again because they need to remove that too.

Basically I'm on the edge of my seat with fingers crossed and calling out to all deities above that this Patch is worth the wait.

@Dead-Eye Darkside quote:

-The new level cap brings back the stupid crazy numbers of DD1. If I wanted DD1 its not going anywhere..I'll go play that.
-The game launches with crazy glitches that ruin the new content. I intend (and im sure many others) to hit the game from the moment its done patching and push as hard as I can. I pray for a smooth, clean patch
-Tower crit and damage break the game entirely and they plain ol' have to wipe again because they need to remove that too.

A lot of internal and remote QA testing is done before a patch is out for the public, it should be fine. I did not like the crazy numbers from DD1 either, but it seems to be scaled down a lot more in DD2 which is good. 

Crit rate and crit damage are used in many successful MMO's (although I don't agree with crit damage, I think overall damage should affect that) 

@ally quote:

Crit rate and crit damage are used in many successful MMO's (although I don't agree with crit damage, I think overall damage should affect that) 

I know that crit and crit damage usually end up being TOO good and its all about those 2 stats (Main example: Diablo 3). Stacking them and only them will be boring and I wish they just kept speed, maybe added crit (not crit damage) and balanced the speed instead. Ohwell. I don't work for Trendy. Its their game.

The patch after wipe is going to be released around Christmas time.

Since the level cap is increased, the "perceived content" is increased, thus giving Trendy an excuse to put the update after the next even further away.

I know that crit and crit damage usually end up being TOO good and its all about those 2 stats (Main example: Diablo 3). Stacking them and only them will be boring and I wish they just kept speed, maybe added crit (not crit damage) and balanced the speed instead. Ohwell. I don't work for Trendy. Its their game.

I can understand this worry.  However, what else do we have left to gear for in stats?  They're removing attack speed, and have removed tower range, now all we have is tower health and tower damage.  Stacking those two doesn't seem any more fun than stacking crit hit and damage.  I'd rather see all of the stats back, but I doubt they're going to go back on this one.

@SorakaPlz quote:

Since the level cap is increased, the "perceived content" is increased, thus giving Trendy an excuse to put the update after the next even further away.

So the patch AFTER the wipe and Onslaught mode is after Christmas you say? Can I get some source with that rumor please?

@SorakaPlz quote:

So the patch AFTER the wipe and Onslaught mode is after Christmas you say? Can I get some source with that rumor please?

You asked for my fear, and I respond by telling you my fear.

And now you ask me about where I get a rumor?

It is just my gut feeling man.

By the way, I got a notification on Iamisom quoting my post, I am just gonna let you put some thoughts on why that post isn't actually here.

@SorakaPlz quote:

@SorakaPlz quote:

You asked for my fear, and I respond by telling you my fear.

And now you ask me about where I get a rumor?

It is just my gut feeling man.

By the way, I got a notification on Iamisom quoting my post, I am just gonna let you put some thoughts on why that post isn't actually here.

I decided to send you a private message instead of making a public post. Please check your PMs. :)

@SorakaPlz quote:

It's not here because you made a post that seemed to indicate the next patch was coming 6 months from now, and that was clearly ridiculous. He probably replied to shoot that idea down forthwith, until someone else called you out and it was revealed that you were talking out your ass. 

Don't foster conspiracy theories. 

Just looking forward to the upcoming patch it is a bummer to have everything wiped though. i hope that they thoroughly check the next patch because there is nothing worse than crazy bugs and glitches that ruin the game after waiting so long for a patch / new content.

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

OP, I totally forgot About tower critical hits :( the fear is now real!!!! 

Officially we already have crit for towers. Fireburst and Lightning Aura Large spheres are basically just crit.

But they're balanced because its a flat chance for a flat increase. Because its going to be somewhat easy to pump crit damage/chance it may get ridiculous and it could lead to a bunch of RNG determining builds.

I'm just imagining now if I stacked nothing but DP and Crit damage on my builder monk with his Lightning Strikes....Oh jesus goodbye universe I think.