Sign in to follow this  
Rutagur

Does the trade glitch still exist?

So I traded with someone today and after confirming the trade, I did not receive the items.  That person quickly left the game after without a word so I assumed it was a scam at first.  Searching on the forum shows that this has happened to some people a few years ago (don't know how to search for recent topics) where the items simply disappear during the trade.

So I was just curious if the trade glitch still around or if there a trade scam I should be aware of.

Thanks,

@Rutagur quote:

So I traded with someone today and after confirming the trade, I did not receive the items.  That person quickly left the game after without a word so I assumed it was a scam at first.  Searching on the forum shows that this has happened to some people a few years ago (don't know how to search for recent topics) where the items simply disappear during the trade.

So I was just curious if the trade glitch still around or if there a trade scam I should be aware of.

Thanks,

Yes, they fixed it already (i think) but the actual fix will be live with the new patch - i believe the trade glitch generally happens to more laggy players aswell, my net is so bad, i lost 2 days of unsaved progress cuz my net could not save it in time (its worse than dialup)

Thanks guys.

I just ran into a player in my shop that insisted on adding one mana to the trade to prevent the glitch.  I don't think english was his first language so I didn't understand the exact reasoning.

Also, sometimes I am unable to add any mana to the trade, is this another bug?

Sometimes you have to wait a certain amount of time after actions in the trade window to prevent unwanted trades from occuring.

Some people think that adding mana to the trade prevents the glitch. Idk if it really works, but I know that 1 mana is much less valuable than the items in the trade window.

trade glitch is still alive

and adding mana does not prevent it [first hand experience]

yeah.  The 1 mana thing gets me sometimes.  It doesn't prevent it so I don't use it.  I confirm the trade and close the window.  Then the other player adds it and tells me to accept after a few minutes when I was waiting for them to accept.  :(

If I remember correctly, the 1 mana thing was to be used as a test trade. If you could successfully trade the mana then chances were good that the real trade would work as well.

I've encountered the trade glitch three times only and all of them has been when I haven't added mana. This may be a coincidence tho, I believe someone like Acen has more experiance with this, and I now think that it doesnt actually help.

It's just very convincing that it helps since the glitch has never happened when some mana is put in by both parties for me at least.

I'll add that the 1 mana is a safety net to stop one of the three(maybe more) trade bugs that exist. Been two-three years now since that was brought up I believe and basically the 1 mana does a refresh on the player's mana count to both parties so if there is a connection issue this kinda resolves that.

So hard to remember but comes down to something like Player 1 shows having 10,000 mana to the Player 2 client however Player 1 really has 9,800 and then when the trade goes down for items and mana the trade thinks something is wrong as things don't match up as they should. Putting in 1 mana forces the update to show that Player 1 now really has 9,799 (after adding 1 mana) and not 10,000.

It's been a while but if memory serves me correctly we've fixed one or two of the trade bugs in the past but 3(1 being the mana issue) still exist which may only be resolved by a complete re-write of the trading code. The other two partly eluded us in the sense that we knew they happen and partly to reasons of how but since we could never reproduce the bug. Trust me we've spend so many hours trying and even our remote QA testers helped too but without a solid case of why we couldn't pinpoint the cause. At that point after all the time spent it was basically thought that if it wanted to be truly fixed there would be someone who would need to re-write and look over anything related to trading to see the possible cause but that's the thing, if something works 99% of the time its really hard to figure out why that 1% doesn't work. Why touch something if it works for the majority at the moment. if it was a every 4th trade or something i'm sure we would have put someone on it in the past. 

Ahh well, there ya go, a bit of Trendy history with the 1 mana reasoning.